ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Saw the 'Blood Trees' at the White House today....

• Thread starter anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
  • Start date
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

And, thought they looked pretty cool (would look better with a different colored carpet though - too much red). Also, if you get the chance to visit and take a 'holiday tour' of the East Wing, do it - the decorations are fantastic and really beautiful. Was a bit somber at the end where HW's portrait is hanging; it was semi-covered with black draping.

I love her decorations. I think folks are being jerks for criticizing Melania over the decorations. Some folks need to grow up.

Well, the East Wing is supposed to be under the care/guidance of the First Lady. Outside of the Blood Trees, everything was very typical, classic American Christmas, right down to the gingerbread/cake/fondant replicas of the WH, Capitol, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Monument. I even got a free pack of Presidential Hershey Kisses on my way out (Obama's admin. gave out M&M's....).

Reactions: Nashville Lion
And, thought they looked pretty cool (would look better with a different colored carpet though - too much red). Also, if you get the chance to visit and take a 'holiday tour' of the East Wing, do it - the decorations are fantastic and really beautiful. Was a bit somber at the end where HW's portrait is hanging; it was semi-covered with black draping.
Melania has a couple of ornaments I’d really like to get my hands on.

Midnighter. how did you get a tour? Thanks

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Midnighter. how did you get a tour? Thanks

Well, I know people who work at the WH and they arranged it. I'm not sure what the procedure is if you don't have an 'in' so to speak - maybe Congressman? Are you planning to be in DC soon? Said friend in WH is a Penn Stater :).

Reactions: BBrown
Well, I know people who work at the WH and they arranged it. I'm not sure what the procedure is if you don't have an 'in' so to speak - maybe Congressman? Are you planning to be in DC soon? Said friend in WH is a Penn Stater :).

A very good friend of mine was the Public Affairs officer for the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Marine Corps in the Pentagon. He got me on the tour in the 90's.
It was a pretty cool experience.

No, but I would surely come if I could have a visit and tour.

No, but I would surely come if I could have a visit and tour.

Well, if I had my West Wing connection (as I did previous administration) I would certainly send you an invite - much easier to arrange those tours since the were small and guided (note current admin. does not offer WW tours). The East Wing tour is more rigorous and has less room for error, so can't help on this one unfortunately.

Well, if I had my West Wing connection (as I did previous administration) I would certainly send you an invite - much easier to arrange those tours since the were small and guided (note current admin. does not offer WW tours). The East Wing tour is more rigorous and has less room for error, so can't help on this one unfortunately.
Thanks Midnighter, I'm going to keep trying

If you let me know when you're in DC, I may be able to arrange some other 'cool'* stuff....

*Cool being very relative :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT