FC/OT: Recent Penn State mentions in media/pop culture...

Midnighter2

Jan 21, 2021
Those watching HBO's 'Mare of Easttown' probably saw the Penn State game on the TV in Episode 3....

Hear John Oliver mentions the Jonathan Sutherland haircut letter on a recent episode...

Oliver wrapped up his short monologue by sarcastically comparing the hair of Sutherland to the short style of former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky, stating: “I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s almost as if the haircut doesn’t f-----g matter.”

You can watch the video in the link provided - starts around 7:50 mark (I haven't watched it yet):

Listening to the Serial podcast 'Nice White Parents' (about NYC public schools), the narrator mentions all the classes in this one school are named after teacher alma maters - and she noted three of them were called 'Penn State' (then the kids in the class did a kind of 'We Are Penn State' cheer).

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
Those watching HBO's 'Mare of Easttown' probably saw the Penn State game on the TV in Episode 3....

Hear John Oliver mentions the Jonathan Sutherland haircut letter on a recent episode...

Oliver wrapped up his short monologue by sarcastically comparing the hair of Sutherland to the short style of former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky, stating: “I know it sounds ridiculous, but it’s almost as if the haircut doesn’t f-----g matter.”

You can watch the video in the link provided - starts around 7:50 mark (I haven't watched it yet):

Listening to the Serial podcast 'Nice White Parents' (about NYC public schools), the narrator mentions all the classes in this one school are named after teacher alma maters - and she noted three of them were called 'Penn State' (then the kids in the class did a kind of 'We Are Penn State' cheer).

I posted about this show in one of the "Binge" threads, a sci-fi show on Prime called The Lost Room has a PSU reference in episode one. Two detectives travel through the room and end up at a live PSU game after the one detective says "Penn State is playing," it looked like they were playing MN in 2005 at the time.

Erial_Lion

Nov 23, 2015
Heard It’s All about the Benjamins this weekend...Biggie’s line always makes me smile

Latest posts