ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Motley Crue biopic on Netflix - The Dirt!

bag-on-head-2.jpg

I'm sure those boys had a great time, but Mick Mars has had a rough go of it

Me and wife #1 had front row seats to a show in Dallas back in late 90s. She had just had her first round of implants... 550cc. Well, late in show I run to the men's room and when I come back she's gone. Guy next to me says she was pulled up on stage by a roadie and taken back stage. An hour after the show she meets me at the car and tells me the backstage was cold and boring as this was post booze and drugs Crew. I'm looking forward to telling or teenage daughter this story in a few years.

Me and wife #1 had front row seats to a show in Dallas back in late 90s. She had just had her first round of implants... 550cc. Well, late in show I run to the men's room and when I come back she's gone. Guy next to me says she was pulled up on stage by a roadie and taken back stage. An hour after the show she meets me at the car and tells me the backstage was cold and boring as this was post booze and drugs Crew. I'm looking forward to telling or teenage daughter this story in a few years.

There's a fib in this story, and I'm not sure where it is.

Somebody is confused. It’s either you or me.
I saw the 4 actors playing them. And could identify who each was supposed to be playing. But looking at those guys, I just didn’t see the crue.

That’s usually not as much of a problem for me. Didn’t have as much a problem with it in Straight outta Compton, or even Walk the Line (although Joaquin Phoenix was awesome in that.)

Hopefully I’ll be able to get past it and just enjoy the series. Should be awesome. Those guys were wild!

I clicked like. And then I unclicked like.

I can’t fathom hearing that sorry about my mom.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
I saw the 4 actors playing them. And could identify who each was supposed to be playing. But looking at those guys, I just didn’t see the crue.

That’s usually not as much of a problem for me. Didn’t have as much a problem with it in Straight outta Compton, or even Walk the Line (although Joaquin Phoenix was awesome in that.)

Hopefully I’ll be able to get past it and just enjoy the series. Should be awesome. Those guys were wild!
Ahh, ok. It was me who was confused. Also, I think it’s a 1 show deal, not a series.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Ahh, ok. It was me who was confused. Also, I think it’s a 1 show deal, not a series.
Just rewatched trailer. You’re right. It’s a movie, not a series. Will be loads of material to cover in a movie but looking forward to it.

The second time wasn’t as bad re accepting the actors in character.

I know you said it's your wife, but I gotta ask. Did she stop at round two?

Was home from break as undergrad in the late 80s... Crue tour came to my hometown arena - hardly a fan but was asked to go, as a lark, by a ditzy cute smart Cornell co-ed I had a thing-for back when we were HS classmates (she was top-shelf as far as the talent in my HS class... whereas I was more like Pub Club or Kamchatka)... she did have the most unbelievable ass in the class of ‘83... she could not have weighed more that 100lbs , but oh my

I came in aware only of the few Crue tracks that were in heavy rotation on MTV , wasn’t expecting much but a lot of noise, as I’d always deemed Vince Neil’s voice as only marginally better than mine.... but when I heard them perform Red Hot, Live Wire,Ten Seconds to love - i was blown away, these guys put on an outstanding live show... went out and bought their first couple albums, which i found edgy, almost punky.... went in not expecting much - Vince Neil reminded me too much of snotty trouble-makers I never liked in high school... Live show, to this day, remains one of the best I had ever seen.... on the floor a few feet from the stage and had her on my shoulders during the whole show (and in my Oldsmobile after the show, good times ;))...

We were just chatting the other day .... sadly, her award-winning, gravity-defying turd-cutter went the way of my full head of hair :(

Last edited:
Was home from break as undergrad in the late 80s... Crue tour came to my hometown arena - hardly a fan but was asked to go, as a lark, with a ditzy cute smart Cornell co-ed I had a thing-for back when we were HS classmates (she was top-shelf as far as the talent in my HS class... whereas I was more like Pub Club or Kamchatka)... she did have the most unbelievable ass in the class of ‘83

I came in aware only of a few Crue tracks based on what I’d seen on MTV , wasn’t expecting much but a lot of noise.... but when I heard Red Hot, Live Wire,Ten Second to love - i was suddenly blown away, particularly how good they were live... went out and bought their first couple albums.... was not expecting much as Vince Neil reminded me too much of snotty trouble-makers I never liked in high school... Live show, to this day, remains one of the best I had ever seen.... on the floor a few feet from the stage and had her on my shoulders during the whole show (and in my Oldsmobile after the show)...

We were just chatting the other day .... her award-winning, gravity-defying turd-cutter went the way of my full head of hair :(

This post is spectacular.

Was home from break as undergrad in the late 80s... Crue tour came to my hometown arena - hardly a fan but was asked to go, as a lark, with a ditzy cute smart Cornell co-ed I had a thing-for back when we were HS classmates (she was top-shelf as far as the talent in my HS class... whereas I was more like Pub Club or Kamchatka)... she did have the most unbelievable ass in the class of ‘83

I came in aware only of a few Crue tracks based on what I’d seen on MTV , wasn’t expecting much but a lot of noise.... but when I heard Red Hot, Live Wire,Ten Second to love - i was suddenly blown away, particularly how good they were live... went out and bought their first couple albums.... was not expecting much as Vince Neil reminded me too much of snotty trouble-makers I never liked in high school... Live show, to this day, remains one of the best I had ever seen.... on the floor a few feet from the stage and had her on my shoulders during the whole show (and in my Oldsmobile after the show)...

We were just chatting the other day .... her award-winning, gravity-defying turd-cutter went the way of my full head of hair :(
This post is spectacular.
It absolutely is. But we still have rules.
Penalty__70409.1519857145.jpg

Uh, which wife are you on now?

Was a huge Crue fan growing up. They were there band that got me into metal. My Dad used to bitch at me for listening to Shout at the Devil. Saw them at Star Lake Amphitheater in 1990 for the Dr. Feelgood tour. Great show and they were really good live. Dancing on Glass from Girls, Girls, Girls is still one of my favorite songs.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Was a huge Crue fan growing up. They were there band that got me into metal. My Dad used to bitch at me for listening to Shout at the Devil. Saw them at Star Lake Amphitheater in 1990 for the Dr. Feelgood tour. Great show and they were really good live. Dancing on Glass from Girls, Girls, Girls is still one of my favorite songs.

Mother's
Of
Time
Let
Every
Young

Child
Rule
Under
Evil

At least that is how it was explained to me in 7th grade....

Thought it was pretty good. Somehow we got tommy lee and nikki sixx’s AOL screen names from someone in the industry and we were able to chat for like 45 seconds 3 times back in the day.

I thought it was done pretty well. If you are squeamish, the movie may not be for you. It focuses on the ‘81-91 timeframe but gives some insight in Nikki’s messed up childhood and how it drives him even to this day. There are so many creative people that are tortured souls in some respect. Some scenes are funny, some are cringeworthy, and some are sad. It’s not a movie that you want to select for family movie night...that’s for sure

I thought it was done pretty well. If you are squeamish, the movie may not be for you. It focuses on the ‘81-91 timeframe but gives some insight in Nikki’s messed up childhood and how it drives him even to this day. There are so many creative people that are tortured souls in some respect. Some scenes are funny, some are cringeworthy, and some are sad. It’s not a movie that you want to select for family movie night...that’s for sure
Ummm...the opening party scene with Tommy Lee and “the squirter” kind of sets the tone. My 70-year-old father in law is visiting us. We put on the beginning of that movie last night and that happens. Luckily, I don’t think my father in law understood what that was.

Reactions: NedFromYork
ADVERTISEMENT