ADVERTISEMENT

fc OT Kevin Steele out at Tennessee, gets $860k for a 7 weeks work...

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee has fired Kevin Steele, and the longtime football coach could be paid up to $860,870 in severance for a job he had for seven weeks.

Steele was fired Tuesday without cause. He was given until Friday to turn in any university property still in his possession, according to a copy of his termination letter.

Tennessee hired the former Auburn defensive coordinator Jan. 12 when Jeremy Pruitt remained head coach. But Pruitt was fired Jan. 18, and Tennessee hired Josh Heupel on Jan. 27. Heupel wrapped up his coaching staff earlier this week, and Tim Banks is his new defensive coordinator.

Steele will be paid out in monthly installments through Jan. 31, 2023, though he is required to try to get a job that would help ease how much Tennessee has to pay him

• Haha
Reactions: ChiTownLion
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee has fired Kevin Steele, and the longtime football coach could be paid up to $860,870 in severance for a job he had for seven weeks.

Steele was fired Tuesday without cause. He was given until Friday to turn in any university property still in his possession, according to a copy of his termination letter.

Tennessee hired the former Auburn defensive coordinator Jan. 12 when Jeremy Pruitt remained head coach. But Pruitt was fired Jan. 18, and Tennessee hired Josh Heupel on Jan. 27. Heupel wrapped up his coaching staff earlier this week, and Tim Banks is his new defensive coordinator.

Steele will be paid out in monthly installments through Jan. 31, 2023, though he is required to try to get a job that would help ease how much Tennessee has to pay him

Don't think I would try too hard to get a new job when they are paying me $860K over a couple of years for sitting on my ass. I guess I would interview and ask for a mil /yr.

Don't think I would try too hard to get a new job when they are paying me $860K over a couple of years for sitting on my ass. I guess I would interview and ask for a mil /yr.

He's probably got a big check from Auburn, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT