ADVERTISEMENT

FC OT it seems BO'B and John Butler are going to get divorced...many thought

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
they were joined at the hip.....

Houston Texans: Special teams coach Larry Izzo and the Texans have mutually agreed to part ways, per a tweet from John McClain. Also, defensive backs coach John Butler will not return, and running backs coach Charles London has opted to leave the organization,

Appointing Butler as DC at Penn State was one of many bad judgements. Bad coaching at Virginia, Ohio U., Ohio St. with Butler as DC and so on. On other hand, he did an excellent job overall anyway. Moreover, poor recruiting by position left OL empty. Yes, I know his hands were tied due to sanctions. I lived through those dark days, he did not plan positional recruiting very well. He was lucky to leave on time before team got depleted. Finally, Coach Franklin is building OL and DL with his determined recruiting.

Do not kill the messenger, look into the facts yourself. Look into what he did at Houston, QB position in particular. Osweiler should thank him! No denying he did many good things at Penn State but his mistakes stick out.

I wish Bob well.

Appointing Butler as DC at Penn State was one of many bad judgements. Bad coaching at Virginia, Ohio U., Ohio St. with Butler as DC and so on. On other hand, he did an excellent job overall anyway. Moreover, poor recruiting by position left OL empty. Yes, I know his hands were tied due to sanctions. I lived through those dark days, he did not plan positional recruiting very well. He was lucky to leave on time before team got depleted. Finally, Coach Franklin is building OL and DL with his determined recruiting.

Do not kill the messenger, look into the facts yourself. Look into what he did at Houston, QB position in particular. Osweiler should thank him! No denying he did many good things at Penn State but his mistakes stick out.

I wish Bob well.

you cannot fault BOB for recruiting. PSU was under the worst sanctions in NCAA history with an incredibly horrible stigma, nobody could recruit well under those conditions. BOB made a conscious decision that he would recruit elite skill position with the few schollies he had available and try to take walk-ons and beef them up via Fitz S&C program to compete along the Oline. It was the correct move to do as look at Iowa and Wiscy, etc..that take 2 star type lineman and build them up. That was what BOB was thinking. So what you are saying makes no sense.

I agree that Butler was a bad choice for DCoordinator and got the role due to be a loyal soldier to BOB. As for BOB being loyal only to BOB, he comes from the Belicheck coaching tree which is as ruthless as there is, so that is a true statement.

Reactions: Obliviax

Houston Texans: Special teams coach Larry Izzo and the Texans have mutually agreed to part ways, per a tweet from John McClain. Also, defensive backs coach John Butler will not return, and running backs coach Charles London has opted to leave the organization,

He also let Stan Hixon go. Billy can be brutal!

Reactions: BBrown

London can become our running back coach imho....

London can become our running back coach imho....
In his post-game presser, CJF remarked that he was about to hire one of the great RB coaches in the country....words to that effect.

I don't think London is that guy.

After all these years of lowering our expectations, my expectations for this upcoming hire are high. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT