ADVERTISEMENT

fc OT Guess who JoeMo hired as D Cord at MSTU, yup you guessed it, maybe so PSU

Hell, I'm grateful he didn't take Pry or Spencer. Shoop? Great for him. MSU? I'm sure their fans are less than thrilled (but decidedly less infuential than Tenny's bunch who get to decide who can and cannot coach).

Reactions: Doc-M
Much notice has been made of the fact that JoeMo doesn't have a whole lot of coaching contacts at this level, so not surprising.

However, if Mrs. Shoop wouldn't move to Pennsylvania, is she likely to move to Mississippi?

Starkville...reminds me of the Town of Mayberry R.F.D. Wonder if Bob has an aunt Beeee?
Myself, I like small towns. The township I live (Lehman) has a general store, a gas station and a small strip mall across Rt. 118, consisting of two one story stores. It's called Lehman Corners. Below is a pic of Kenny Cook's General Store. :cool: store, buy anything from butter, hoagies to hunting gear & rifles.

PSU fans pass Cooks Store if they travel Rt. 118 to the Beaver on Saturdays
Black-Hawk-Health-Center-Sac-and-Fox-Nation.png

1407517163000-REN0713-downtown-districts-midtown-02.jpg

720_20140924_145455.jpg

Last edited:
Starkville...reminds me of the Town of Maybe R.F.D. Wonder if Bob has an aunt Beeee?
Myself, I like small towns. The township I live (Lehman) has a general store, a gas station and a small strip mall across Rt. 118, consisting of two one story stores. It's called Lehman Corners. Below is a pic of Kenny Cook's General Store. :cool: store, buy anything from butter, hoagies to hunting gear & rifles.

Traveling PSU fans pass Cooks Store if they travel Rt. 118 to the Beaver on Saturdays

720_20140924_145455.jpg
Know it well. Spend A LOT of time at the soccer fields at Outlet Rd.

It appears so:

Penn State
Date Opponent
Aug. 31 IDAHO
Sep. 7 BUFFALO
Sep. 14 PITTSBURGH
Sep. 21 TBA *
Sep. 28 at Maryland
Oct. 5 PURDUE
Oct. 12 at Iowa
Oct. 19 MICHIGAN
Oct. 26 at Michigan State
Nov. 2 TBA *
Nov. 9 at Minnesota
Nov. 16 INDIANA
Nov. 23 at Ohio State
Nov. 30 RUTGERS
Dec. 7 Big Ten Championship Game (Lucas Oil Stadium; Indianapolis)

* NOTE: Team will have two bye weeks.
One non-conference game to be scheduled.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-19/2019-mississippi-state-bulldogs-football-schedule.php
I'm counting 12 games for PSU already for 2019--3 OOC and 9 conference. No room for another. Something's not right there.

Starkville...reminds me of the Town of Maybe R.F.D. Wonder if Bob has an aunt Beeee?

Traveling PSU fans pass Cooks Store if they travel Rt. 118 to the Beaver on Saturdays

720_20140924_145455.jpg
I know exactly where that is. How about the general store by Ricketts Glen? That's an oldie as well.

I'm counting 12 games for PSU already for 2019--3 OOC and 9 conference. No room for another. Something's not right there.
I copied and pasted from Tom's future schedule thread above. I failed to count the games while posting. I agree, something's not right.

I copied and pasted from Tom's future schedule thread above. I failed to count the games while posting. I agree, something's not right.
And, if MSU has those 4 OOCs already scheduled, I would guess that their 8 remaining games will be with SEC opponents (even if they have 10 dates "open" for them)

And, if MSU has those 4 OOCs already scheduled, I would guess that their 8 remaining games will be with SEC opponents (even if they have 10 dates "open" for them)
You and I both know it will never happen. I'm just having a little fun with it.

FWIW JoeMO OL coach...http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205179213

also hiring former ULL HC as well.

Mississippi State: Sources tell FootballScoop Joe Moorhead plans to hire former Louisiana Lafayette head coach Mark Hudspeth as tight ends coach. Hudspeth previously served as head coach at both North Alabama and Louisiana Lafayette for seven seasons. Between those head coaching positions, Hudspeth spent two seasons coaching receivers at Mississippi State 2009-10.

FWIW JoeMO OL coach...http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205179213

also hiring former ULL HC as well.

Mississippi State: Sources tell FootballScoop Joe Moorhead plans to hire former Louisiana Lafayette head coach Mark Hudspeth as tight ends coach. Hudspeth previously served as head coach at both North Alabama and Louisiana Lafayette for seven seasons. Between those head coaching positions, Hudspeth spent two seasons coaching receivers at Mississippi State 2009-10.
If this is his career direction, why would Pry consider taking the ULL job?

Unbelievable......considering Shoops lawsuit claiming a hostile work environment, is this a slap in the face to Franklin by Joemo? Very strange.

No, Joemo is selfishly (and justifiably) hiring the best staff he can put in place to ensure MSU's success. Regardless of PSU fan perception, he obviously thinks highly enough of Shoop as a person and a coach to offer him a key position on his staff. Simple as that. The hire has nothing to do with Penn State or James Franklin.

PSU had a good defense in Shoop’s first year with us. In the second year, our defense was usually OK outside of the Red Zone and terrible inside of the Red Zone.
Shoop’s work at Tennessee speaks for itself.

It is good to see this thread ended on your asine post

What's wrong with making fun of the pitch-fork brigade at TN? Or are you really saying my post reminds you of an ancient Greek City? Very confused here dude, are you a Vols supporter?

Moorhead is putting together a nice little staff. He seems like he'd make a good boss.

If I were him, I'd focus now on hiring a few ace recruiters.

Moorhead is putting together a nice little staff. He seems like he'd make a good boss.

If I were him, I'd focus now on hiring a few ace recruiters.
I wonder if JoeMo is making all of these calls. Certainly you can see some of them, but the last 2 , as far as I can tell have zero connection to him. But no biggie either way

I wonder if JoeMo is making all of these calls. Certainly you can see some of them, but the last 2 , as far as I can tell have zero connection to him. But no biggie either way

Not all hires have direct connection, just like in the rest of the world. A coach calls another than he knows, tells him that he's looking for x, y, z , gets recommendations, and takes it from there.

Not all hires have direct connection, just like in the rest of the world. A coach calls another than he knows, tells him that he's looking for x, y, z , gets recommendations, and takes it from there.
Similar to Coach Franklin having no prior connection to Moorhead... how is this so hard for people to understand?

Yes I know. But I just feel like 'someone' is helping him. Probably I am wrong

Yes I know. But I just feel like 'someone' is helping him. Probably I am wrong

If by "helping" you mean making decisions for him, Moorhead is a fool and I don't think he is.

Also keep in mid that coaches go to conventions where they have the opportunities to meet and see other coaches deliver presentations. So even if there is no apparent connection, coaches are familiar with a lot of people in their profession.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT