ADVERTISEMENT

fc ot Eagles fans Nick Foles gets new deal including a 2019 option link

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/20/eagles-strike-new-deal-with-nick-foles/

One of the questions heading into the offseason was whether the Eagles would consider trading quarterback Nick Foles, but no one hit the “high price tag” the team said it would take to move the reigning Super Bowl MVP.

While a trade didn’t materialize, a revised contract with the Eagles has come to fruition. Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the team has reached a new deal with Foles that includes a mutual option for the 2019 season.

Foles richly deserved the bump in pay. Glad the Eagles kept him. Having two really good QB's on the roster is a wonderful luxury to have. The Niners had that for awhile with Montana and Young.

the eagles would trade foles for the overall first pick in less than a millisecond
Only if they woke up stupid this morning. They won't know that Wentz is back until Wentz is back, and they could win their division with Foles if they have to.

Reactions: psute
the eagles would trade foles for the overall first pick in less than a millisecond
Basically you are saying the Eagles would trade Foles for SB or Chubb (de). I don't know about the Eagles, but I wouldn't make that trade now
I'd want more, and I'd need to know Wentz is 100%

Reactions: Nitt1300
Basically you are saying the Eagles would trade Foles for SB or Chubb (de). I don't know about the Eagles, but I wouldn't make that trade now
I'd want more, and I'd need to know Wentz is 100%
First, you know there is no way the browns make that trade, so it's silly to speculate. you know that there is a point system for draft picks and those points are greater than Foles.

The eagles would absolutely make that trade in a second. They wouldn't necessarily draft chubb. They could turn around and trade that pick for multiple draft picks/ players.

First, you know there is no way the browns make that trade, so it's silly to speculate. you know that there is a point system for draft picks and those points are greater than Foles.

The eagles would absolutely make that trade in a second. They wouldn't necessarily draft chubb. They could turn around and trade that pick for multiple draft picks/ players.
I am still not making that trade !! Not until we know Wentz is 100% ready.
To your first point I agree

I am still not making that trade !! Not until we know Wentz is 100% ready.
To your first point I agree
I think the Eagles would trade Foles for Saquon in a nanosecond. Can you even imagine how popular Saquon would be with Iggles fans? The mind boggles...

I think the Eagles would trade Foles for Saquon in a nanosecond. Can you even imagine how popular Saquon would be with Iggles fans? The mind boggles...
Maybe, if they weren't trying for another title run- but you can't win without a playoff caliber QB, and until they know that Wentz is ready, Foles needs to be on the roster.

Maybe, if they weren't trying for another title run- but you can't win without a playoff caliber QB, and until they know that Wentz is ready, Foles needs to be on the roster.
Wentz shouldn't miss more than 4games. mcnabb tore his in Nov 2006 and returned for the opener in 2007 (and had a great season). similar timeframes for Bradford, palmer, Brady, Deshaun Watson in college.

The eagles could easily go 2-2 in those 4games with a back up like Matt Moore, Jay Cutler, or maybe even Nate sudfeld. maybe nick Foles gets you one more win. Not worth passing up on someone like Saquon or multiple draft picks.

The Patriots went 3-1 last year with Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett and then won the super bowl.

Nick is a good player. he was vastly underrated going into the playoffs but I think now is getting over valued.

Reactions: A2Nit
A little off topic, but of possible interest to Eagles fans. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. visited for today's B/W game. He's a 2021 prospect from St. Joe's Prep. Only a freshman, he already has an offer from Maryland.

A little off topic, but of possible interest to Eagles fans. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. visited for today's B/W game. He's a 2021 prospect from St. Joe's Prep. Only a freshman, he already has an offer from Maryland.
Wooh! If he’s anything like his daddy he’ll be a tackling machine

Reactions: burnsie1983

The point of professional football is to WIN. :eek: . With Wentz's availability uncertain and Foles the reigning Super Bowl MVP, you keep Foles.

Wentz shouldn't miss more than 4games. mcnabb tore his in Nov 2006 and returned for the opener in 2007 (and had a great season). similar timeframes for Bradford, palmer, Brady, Deshaun Watson in college.

The eagles could easily go 2-2 in those 4games with a back up like Matt Moore, Jay Cutler, or maybe even Nate sudfeld. maybe nick Foles gets you one more win. Not worth passing up on someone like Saquon or multiple draft picks.

The Patriots went 3-1 last year with Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett and then won the super bowl.

Nick is a good player. he was vastly underrated going into the playoffs but I think now is getting over valued.
Agree. The Eagles would trade Foles for the number one. Wentz will be back soon enough so that the record of 2018 will not be affected. Also, moving Foles gets rid of the QB controversy that would surely follow. Oh, and YOU GET THE NUMBER ONE PICK IN THE DRAFT!! The Eagles could flip for more picks (they famously have none in the 2nd and 3rd round), or they could go get Barkley or Chubb - who will be much more of an asset than Foles backing up Wentz (thinking after 2018).

Agree. The Eagles would trade Foles for the number one. Wentz will be back soon enough so that the record of 2018 will not be affected. Also, moving Foles gets rid of the QB controversy that would surely follow. Oh, and YOU GET THE NUMBER ONE PICK IN THE DRAFT!! The Eagles could flip for more picks (they famously have none in the 2nd and 3rd round), or they could go get Barkley or Chubb - who will be much more of an asset than Foles backing up Wentz (thinking after 2018).
That's my point- if you are the Eagles you can't be only thinking after 2018- they have a chance to repeat- that HAS to be the priority

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT