ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: BWI Movie Club - 'The Suicide Squad' (sequel to 'Suicide Squad') Red Band Trailer!

Midnighter2

Jan 21, 2021
So, one of the very few guys to be cancelled and live to tell about it, James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy films) brings his vision to a DC Comics property that suffered the typical DC Comics movie issue in the original, which is great casting and terrible story. No Will Smith this time (Idris Elba is a push at worst and an upgrade IMO) but it looks funnier and weirder (Pete Davidson in this too). Will be on HBO Max too, which is great. Will be interesting to see if DC gets a bump from the Snyder Cut...

Reactions: BBrown
So, one of the very few guys to be cancelled and live to tell about it, James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy films) brings his vision to a DC Comics property that suffered the typical DC Comics movie issue in the original, which is great casting and terrible story. No Will Smith this time (Idris Elba is a push at worst and an upgrade IMO) but it looks funnier and weirder (Pete Davidson in this too). Will be on HBO Max too, which is great. Will be interesting to see if DC gets a bump from the Snyder Cut...

As I mentioned in another thread the first Suicide Squad looked pathetic and stupid.

This guy makes great films and in Hollywood that's all that seems to matter.

I am looking forward to it. Looks funny and also hopefully has a story.

Guardians 1 was great.

LdN

Reactions: Midnighter2
No Will Smith this time (Idris Elba is a push at worst and an upgrade IMO)

I have to say that Idris Elba is a huge upgrade over Will Smith IMO. I think Elba is pretty great in everything he is in. I have been over Will Smith for a long time, who I view as being an overrated hack.

I have to say that Idris Elba is a huge upgrade over Will Smith IMO. I think Elba is pretty great in everything he is in. I have been over Will Smith for a long time, who I view as being an overrated hack.

I'm generally in the same boat, but Smith was one of the only good things in the first movie (the other being Robbie).

Reactions: flash86 and BBrown
Quite the cast. Ill watch it for sure. Glad Margot is back.

I thought after the first one's posts credit scene ("you should shut it down or my friends and I will do it for you") the next SS movie would connect more to the Justice League, or at least Batman.

ADVERTISEMENT