ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: Antonio Shelton overreacting on Twitter?

overreacting...

Basrstoolsports, he should take it with a grain of salt.

Anyway, what does this have to do with race?

guess “lion tamers” no longer exist . Granted, he’s a bit of a “strange ass” lion tamer ( Siegfried and Roy would be nauseated)..... but a lion tamer nonetheless. Not everything needs to degenerate into to something sinister and hurtful — not everything has a deep and hidden meaning. . —Reasonably certain that simple and straight forward wins the day here ( goofy as it is) —“I’ll take overreaction for a thousand, Alex”

Or is he rightfully upset?

No, he's not rightfully upset. He's an idiot, and his act is beyond tired.

This is the kid who spit in a player's face late last year and had to sit out the next game, which was lost by a slim margin and, who knows, may have cost a playoff spot.

Earlier in the season, he was instrumental in turning some pathetic old man's private letter about Jonathan Sutherland's hairstyle into a racial distraction.

Then, last month, he tweeted his delight in "lowering a shoulder" to hit a white person who failed to get out of his way while walking on campus.

Now this blathering nonsense about some guy sitting on the Nittany Lion statue with a whip.

The kid's a bad actor and not worth whatever value-added he brings from an athletic standpoint.

Jerry said:

Midnighter said:

Or is he rightfully upset?

[/quote]

This is the kid who spit in a player's face late last year and had to sit out the next game, which was lost by a slim margin and, who knows, may have cost a playoff spot.

Earlier in the season, he was instrumental in turning some pathetic old man's private letter about Jonathan Sutherland's hairstyle into a racial distraction.

Then, last month, he tweeted his delight in "lowering a shoulder" to hit a white person who failed to get out of his way while walking on campus.

Now this blathering nonsense about some guy sitting on the Nittany Lion statue with a whip.

The kid's a bad actor and not worth whatever value-added he brings from an athletic standpoint.

I for sure missed all this, Really changes the feel of the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionDeNittany
Being a Nittany Lion fan is so hard... First we were all child molesters now we are all insensitive racist.. We are the worst!! Oh and someone should let Mr Shelton know the only line being "drawn" Is by him. How about finding out who your fellow student is (wouldn't be hard) and asking him what his intent is. Probably a kid that loves cheering for Mr Shelton and doesn't have a racist bone in his body. But then again that wouldn't draw any social media attention... So let's just jump to conclusions instead.

Antonio Shelton should not be on our football team. We have higher standards for behavior. We are Penn State. We aren’t Miami of the 80s. There should be no toleration of 1) spitting in your opponent’s face and 2) falsely making public accusations of racism against a fellow classmate. Shameful behavior and 3) bragging on social media about body checking a “white” classmate who didn’t yield to him on the sidewalk. He’s disgracing his family and our beloved university.

Do we still have higher SAT score requirements than other football programs? Every other sentence in his 6 minute video was “you see what I’m saying?”

It’s also shameful for teammates like Lamont Wade and Micah Parsons to weigh in fanning the flames on twitter.

If these student athletes want to go the way of the NFL by alienating >50% of their supporters, then I will be greatly disappointed.

Last edited:
The actual action (lion cowboy) that is happening is harmless. This is clearly a wasted kid going hyo silver, like as if he was riding a bull or something, I just don't see any racist intent. The issue I do have is people not understanding why a young black kid would be shell shocked and hyper sensitive about absolutely anything that reminds him that his ancestors were enslaved. Maybe to you and me (people who's family wasn't enslaved and treated sub-human) it's "not a big deal" but I can understand why Antonio might feel different. His whole life has had "look at what these white people did to your people" thrown in his face in the form of slavery documentation, classes, movies and years of truly deep rooted racism that exists in this world. I actually feel shoving years of slavery down a young black kids throat is terribly counter productive. Then again I can understand the defiant "never forget" attitude, it really is a catch-22.
If you go back far enough, all of our ancestors have been enslaved.

Antonio Shelton should not be on our football team. We have higher standards for behavior. We are Penn State. We aren’t Miami of the 80s. There should be no toleration of 1) spitting in your opponent’s face and 2) falsely making public accusations of racism against a fellow classmate. Shameful behavior and 3) bragging on social media about body checking a “white” classmate who didn’t yield to him on the sidewalk. He’s disgracing his family and our beloved university.

Do we still have higher SAT score requirements than other football programs? Every other sentence in his 6 minute video was “you see what I’m saying?”

It’s also shameful for teammates like Lamont Wade and Micah Parsons to weigh in fanning the flames on twitter.

If these student athletes want to go the way of the NFL by alienating >50% of their supporters, then I will be greatly disappointed.
Agree with your thoughts totally. Can we give him directions to the transfer portal?

It’s a tad greater than fifty( I know you used the greater then sign).
But you’re right, I get annoyed at this over reaction to ridiculous stuff.

Reactions: LT2016

Welcome back to the board Dave Petersen! :rolleyes:

Show me this data please.

"2) falsely making public accusations of racism against a fellow classmate. Shameful behavior and 3) bragging on social media about body checking a “white” classmate who didn’t yield to him on the sidewalk."

Ill be the first one to stand up and shout down racism, but this is a joke. Though not at all surprising, I'm a 40 year old grad student and the things I see and hear on campus are sad and disturbing. Everyone is a victim.

The kid sitting on the lion looks to be a nerdy renaissance fair kid. The type that plays with light sabers on the quad and is really into fantasy books. Shelton is embarrassing himself.

Reactions: rigi11 and ftlpsu
So? I’m quite familiar with people being whipped. The only time I see someone strike an animal is when they use a riding crop on say a horse.
He’s creating an issue that isn’t even there.
It’s not up to white people to decide when a whip is racist. You lost that 100 years ago.

It's not a joke, he's a racist through and through. Good football player, smart guy, but a racist none the less.

It is refreshing to see Lamont Wade give him the business. Love that.
Nevermind.

to be clear, you find the racist fan’s letter to be ok because exposing it was a distraction to your preferred football team? You’re a racist.

If you go back far enough, all of our ancestors have been enslaved.

And you’re white. That’s an easy statement to make when you’re white. Not when you’re black and it happened 30 years ago. You are racist, sir. No doubt about it. Racist.

And you’re white. That’s an easy statement to make when you’re white. Not when you’re black and it happened 30 years ago. You are racist, sir. No doubt about it. Racist.
30 years ago was 1990?

If Shelton was a poster here I would have him on "ignore"

Seems he searches for things to complain about, most of which are in his imagination.

He must have too much time on his hands which is hard to believe given the time required in the S&C program and the study time required if he is in a major that will serve him after football. Hope he comes to realize that his college years are precious and uses his time wisely, as it goes by in a blink of an eye.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeatherHelmets
If Shelton was a poster here I would have him on "ignore"

Seems he searches for things to complain about, most of which are in his imagination.

He must have too much time on his hands which is hard to believe given the time required in the S&C program and the study time required if he is in a major that will serve him after football. Hope he realizes that his college years are precious and uses his time wisely, as it goes by in a blink of an eye.
If you think this guy is in the stacks at night studying....

How does he know that the person in the video had any racial intent? Does he know the person or his background? Did he make any effort to meet this guy to ask him about it? Why is he prejudging the guy as a racist because he’s white? Why did Mr. Shelton brag about bumping a white student out of the way when he knows nothing about that student or his intentions? Seems like a pattern here of pre-judgement coming from one Mr. Shelton, who somehow thinks he’s the model of decency after spitting in an opposing players face.

How does he know that the person in the video had any racial intent? Does he know the person or his background? Did he make any effort to meet this guy to ask him about it? Why is he prejudging the guy as a racist because he’s white? Why did Mr. Shelton brag about bumping a white student out of the way when he knows nothing about that student or his intentions? Seems like a pattern here of pre-judgement coming from one Mr. Shelton, who somehow thinks he’s the model of decency after spitting in an opposing players face.
He’s an Ahole, it’s pretty simple.

Reactions: LT2016
ADVERTISEMENT