ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: 2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt.....*just added to Christmas wish-list*.....

A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Droooooooool......(hate the bullseye thing on the steering wheel, but everything else looks awesome).

Just in time for the 50th anniversary of the film.

jccy0szzzyqatzdr2qed.jpg

ewokp5hpporyhoceklzm.jpg

y2aiqdls53rgvwcroxcb.jpg

ji5n70linbsv3dooo3cb.jpg

zotwmbanhgj970rslpqn.jpg

dwvre01sr6vebgz6bvvb.jpg

Midnighter, don’t become one of those smug Christmas bastards who gets the new car with the red bow on the front.

:eek:

Ha! Only car this Christmas will be something for my two year old son. Maybe a Batmobile. He doesn’t care about bows. Or cars really.

Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95
Droooooooool......(hate the bullseye thing on the steering wheel, but everything else looks awesome).

jccy0szzzyqatzdr2qed.jpg

ewokp5hpporyhoceklzm.jpg

y2aiqdls53rgvwcroxcb.jpg

ji5n70linbsv3dooo3cb.jpg

zotwmbanhgj970rslpqn.jpg

dwvre01sr6vebgz6bvvb.jpg
That is a cool car! Two best chase scenes ever:. Bullit and French Connection!

jccy0szzzyqatzdr2qed.jpg

ewokp5hpporyhoceklzm.jpg

y2aiqdls53rgvwcroxcb.jpg

ji5n70linbsv3dooo3cb.jpg

zotwmbanhgj970rslpqn.jpg

dwvre01sr6vebgz6bvvb.jpg

Great looking car.

But -

Sad frown on the seats.
ji5n70linbsv3dooo3cb.jpg

Seats are actually the only part of the car I like. Nothing wrong w recaro buckets. Look forward to future videos of these losing control at cars and coffee.

Reactions: 91Joe95

jccy0szzzyqatzdr2qed.jpg

ewokp5hpporyhoceklzm.jpg

y2aiqdls53rgvwcroxcb.jpg

ji5n70linbsv3dooo3cb.jpg

zotwmbanhgj970rslpqn.jpg

dwvre01sr6vebgz6bvvb.jpg
Bullet Mustang one of my favorite cars ever. And the new one looks awesome. A word of precaution though: I had an opportunity to drive a mustang for a week three years ago. It had the 5.0 liter V8. My impression was that the engine was way over-powered for the rest of the car. It felt very unstable and like it could go out of control at any time. Perhaps it was just me.

Personally, I like the Carrera much more for balance, performance, handling.

Bullet Mustang one of my favorite cars ever. And the new one looks awesome. A word of precaution though: I had an opportunity to drive a mustang for a week three years ago. It had the 5.0 liter V8. My impression was that the engine was way over-powered for the rest of the car. It felt very unstable and like it could go out of control at any time. Perhaps it was just me.

Personally, I like the Carrera much more for balance, performance, handling.

Oh yeah, those are comparable cars.

A mustang and a carrera.

You know... I drove a v-8 mustang recently too... personally I favor the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

;)

LdN[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, those are comparable cars.

A mustang and a carrera.

You know... I drove a v-8 mustang recently too... personally I favor the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.

;)

LdN
[/QUOTE]
ha! All fair points. for me, I'd get a six year old 911 instead of the brand new car of just about any type if it is a purchase situation. But some people really like that new car feeling...I get it.

ha! All fair points. for me, I'd get a six year old 911 instead of the brand new car of just about any type if it is a purchase situation. But some people really like that new car feeling...I get it.[/QUOTE]

Well a six year old carrera will cost you ~10k more than this new car.

I don't buy new cars, but that's besides the point.

The appropriate car to compare to a Mustang is a BMW 3 series... or from the VW family the Passat.

The Mustang is an inexpensive muscle car. This is just a derivative of that platform.

Ford has a car meant to compete with the Porsche Carrera. It is called a Ford GT.

https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/

LdN

Obliviax said:
ha! All fair points. for me, I'd get a six year old 911 instead of the brand new car of just about any type if it is a purchase situation. But some people really like that new car feeling...I get it.

The appropriate car to compare to a Mustang is a BMW 3 series... or from the VW family the Passat.

The Mustang is an inexpensive muscle car. This is just a derivative of that platform.

Ford has a car meant to compete with the Porsche Carrera. It is called a Ford GT.

LdN

Man, I was with you until this:
"The appropriate car to compare to a Mustang is a BMW 3 series... or from the VW family the Passat."

I would assume you're joking, but everything else in your posts on this thread have been accurate (i.e. not joking).

Reactions: LionDeNittany
Man, I was with you until this:
"The appropriate car to compare to a Mustang is a BMW 3 series... or from the VW family the Passat."

I would assume you're joking, but everything else in your posts on this thread have been accurate (i.e. not joking).

Well I was talking cost mostly. VW doesn't really have an equivalent. But the entry level mustang is extremely cheap... equivalent to a Passat.

LdN

LdN[/QUOTE]
Agree. And that Ford platform is what leads to the imbalance, IMHO. Really, if you are patient, you can pick up a great car. My 911 is over 10 years old and only had 22,000 on it when I bought it (in philly at the McClaren dealership last spring). Friend of mine got a 1999 911 in MD that had 30,000 miles for $24,000. It came with a removable hardtop. it was pristine but he put $4,000 into getting it up to snuff (stereo/phone, brakes, tires).

I love the mustang for looks.

Well I was talking cost mostly. VW doesn't really have an equivalent. But the entry level mustang is extremely cheap... equivalent to a Passat.

LdN

Ah ok, gotcha.

With that said, I must be in the wrong line of work, as I've never thought of the VW Passat as "extremely cheap." :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT