ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Ohio State coach Urban Meyer plans to step down

Some of these responses have been downright laughable. Trying to conclude that he only had success because of Penn State and Michigan being down must be some kind of joke. He has had success everywhere he went and if he was our Coach would have been anointed as the second coming!

I was thinking the same. In my book 54-4 in this conference is impressive regardless of the circumstances. Also, Meyer had impact at Bowling Green, Utah and UF. Dude is Gangsta'.
The way I see it, you know a rival coach is great when so many message boards from other schools (including ours) has thread after thread about him.

So is LJ Sr. going to furiously resign and go work for Michigan because they didn't offer the HC job to him?

giphy.gif

I seriously doubt that he will ever coach again simply because of his incurable medical condition. He is heeding the advice of his neurologists.

Some of us called this in the summer when the news broke and he got suspended for three games. Ohio State was going to force him out. Frankly I am surprised he ever came back from the three-game suspension. He must have temporarily won some kind of internal power struggle. But that was it - he had no chance of returning next season.

I hope that the man's health is OK. And I would not be surprised if it is.

Well if you are not interested in the truth, and admit it, you can be safely ignored. Spout off all you want.

My point is you're not credible either so STFU. Please ignore me, I don't give a shit what you think, buckeye.

Well if you are not interested in the truth, and admit it, you can be safely ignored. Spout off all you want.

Why is this asshat here? The thing I find most frightening about these fanatics is that not only do they not care that their program was run by a disgraceful dirtbag, but they think everyone in the world should have the same level of willful blindness regarding him and can not figure out why we do not.

Reactions: odshowtime
Some of these responses have been downright laughable. Trying to conclude that he only had success because of Penn State and Michigan being down must be some kind of joke. He has had success everywhere he went and if he was our Coach would have been anointed as the second coming!
Urban is (was) unquestionably one of the top 3 coaches in the country. It's Saban, Urban and Dabo. After that, it gets complicated.

My point is you're not credible either so STFU. Please ignore me, I don't give a shit what you think, buckeye.

Your point is that you don't care if someone lies and are too lazy to look at a video that shows the truth. With a video out there my credibility is not at issue,and you are lying about why you don't care about the truth.

Urban is (was) unquestionably one of the top 3 coaches in the country. It's Saban, Urban and Dabo. After that, it gets complicated.

Let’s assume for a second Ryan Day was their first choice for coach, not because Schiano and Wilson have baggage which preclude them from being hired, but because they really think he is a future star. It doesn’t seem plausible that in his first year Day will be a top 3 coach in the Big Ten much less the country. What is even less plausible is that he will be one of the greatest recruiters ever. Urbs has to be one of the true greats on the recruiting front all-time.

Reactions: acg116

Actually it gets complicated even before that.

We'd need to see more from Dabo before putting him in the Hall of Fame. It's only the last four years that his teams could be called "elite."

Meyer has a great W-L record, and there's no taking that away from him. Plus the small matter of three national championships. But he left Florida with the program in disarray. Now he's leaving Ohio State after a limited run as these things go. On the heels of a scandal and suspension.

Saban has been legendary at Alabama. His record before: not so much. At Michigan State just OK. At LSU very solid with one great year. But not great in sum.

OK, call me a homer, but I'll take Franklin over any of them.

Actually it gets complicated even before that.

We'd need to see more from Dabo before putting him in the Hall of Fame. It's only the last four years that his teams could be called "elite."

Meyer has a great W-L record, and there's no taking that away from him. Plus the small matter of three national championships. But he left Florida with the program in disarray. Now he's leaving Ohio State after a limited run as these things go. On the heels of a scandal and suspension.

Saban has been legendary at Alabama. His record before: not so much. At Michigan State just OK. At LSU very solid with one great year. But not great in sum.

OK, call me a homer, but I'll take Franklin over any of them.
I'm not talking about career hall of fame. I meant the best coaches in the NCAA right now. I think the majority of CFB fans would agree that Saban, Urban and Dabo are the top 3. Jimbo Fisher is probably in the next tier considering he's the only other active coach outside of this top 3 with a national title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT