ADVERTISEMENT

fc Jason Oweh to go by his real first name in the pros, Odafe..

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006

That name isn’t going to appear on their roster, however. General Manager Eric DeCosta referred to Oweh as Odafe in his press conference and said he thinks he goes by both names.

Oweh explained in a later session with reporters that Odafe is actually his first name and that he used Jayson at Penn State to make it easier for others to pronounce. He said that he’s going back to his first name now.

“Jayson is my middle name,” Oweh said. “My first name is Odafe. I’m of Nigerian descent. People were having trouble pronouncing Odafe, so I went to Jayson my earlier years, but I don’t care anymore; you’re going to have to learn how to pronounce it.”

Oweh’s first name is pronounced O-dah-FEH and the Ravens hope to hear it in conjunction with a lot of disruptive plays on defense.

I no longer care about him. He wasn't faithful to PSU because he didn't come back to PSU when he had 0 sacks last year. And he sat out a game and didn't want to play in a bowl game.

And yes this is sarcasm based on comments made about Micah. Congratulations Odafe Jayson Oweh on your first round selection. May you have many years of success. You represented Penn State well and will likely continue to do so.

Looks like Micah and Odafe found good fits with teams.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
Odafe starts with an "O" and he had 0 sacks, so it made sense I suppose. Sorry but this is not exciting, he was drafted for the same reasons that the linebacker from Philly was drafted. Workout warrior.

Will he actually have any sacks in the NFL?
I ask this because he had zero last year in college football.

Holy shit! Really?? That’s the first I heard of it, besides the hundred of NFL draft gurus that wouldn’t shut up about it and the fake fans like you that bring it up every chance you get.
Yeah, really. Zero sacks. Look it up.

He didn't have any sacks. That is a fact. A defensive end who plays 9 games with zero sacks is a liability. It's called honesty, try it sometime.
A liability that was first team all conference...quite the intelligent take Gunsie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT