ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Jared Fogle appears in federal court

Yep. Looks like the ex-girlfriend got him nailed dead to rights. (IIRC, the tweets or email exchange regarding the 16 yo [legal in Indy, I hear, but obviously not everywhere] were from a Subway manager that he was previously involved with.)
Subway has a bit of a PR problem brewing here.

Form a children's charity. Seems to be standard practice to surround yourself with a target-rich environment.
So sad. So much carnage in the wake of this type of thing. I don't know anything about the charity, but would hope that the core mission was carried out with sincerity by the worker bees. So much betrayal. Cynicism and massive torts ensue.

$100,000 payoff for each victim? Why are they accepting this? PSU showed you can get at least 3 million with little or no proof.

Was wondering when his wife would make a statement. So sad for his children.

12:10 p.m
.: Jared Fogle's wife, Katie Fogle, released a statement: "Obviously, I am extremely shocked and disappointed by the recent developments involving Jared. I am in the process of seeking a dissolution of the marriage. My focus is exclusively on the well-being of my children. Neither I nor my family will have any further comment on the matter. I appreciate respect for my family’s privacy during this difficult time.”

$100,000 payoff for each victim? Why are they accepting this? PSU showed you can get at least 3 million with little or no proof.

I'm waiting for the lawsuits against Subway. It appears Fogle was communicating with a Subway manager about having sex with a 16 year old, so I would expect someone is already poking around to dig up dirt somehow connecting Subway to this mess for a future lawsuit.

"12:10 p.m.: Jared Fogle's wife, Katie Fogle, released a statement: "Obviously, I am extremely shocked and disappointed by the recent developments involving Jared. I am in the process of seeking a dissolution of the marriage. My focus is exclusively on the well-being of my children. Neither I nor my family will have any further comment on the matter. I appreciate respect for my family’s privacy during this difficult time.”"

I'm really shocked that she is shocked given the news about his friend who ran his charity.

LdN

Curious how it's handled as Dubways as we know are owned by independent operators... Not sure the Corporation can be attacked versus any individual franchise owner?

Looks like he will agree to do 6 years - He can always change his name to McLovin when he get's out.

ADVERTISEMENT