ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Iowa QB Jake Rudock possible transfer to Michigan...

Interesting......

I felt all along - even before Hoke was terminated - that UM was just a decent, functional QB away from being a pretty good team. The defensive front 7 is good, the defensive backfield has some talent (especially if the kid from NJ is back healthy).....and the offensive line - which was decimated and thin at the beginning of the Hoke administration (ala the PSU 2014 line) was about to turn the corner (takes a couple years to rebuild an offensive line from scratch, something PSU fans will likely realize in 2015)

A decent, experienced QB could be all Harbaugh needs to get Michigan into that "9-3/10-2 ish" range for 2015.

Interesting also that Jack Miller, last year's starting OC for Michigan, has decided not to come back for his fifth year. Could mean any number of things, but one possibility is that all of the young OL talent that Hoke recruited the last few years may be percolating up to the top of the depth chart.

This post was edited on 3/12 9:45 AM by bjf1984

They also have that Korn transfer from Houston

Who had a pretty decent true Fr year and then not-so-great So year, I believe O'Brien went after this kid. So Harbaugh will have some options.

Absolutely sss......

though the Korn kid - IIRC - has to sit out 2015.

Still, he gives them another option for down the road.....if neither of the two kids they signed this year (the kid from Michigan - Malzone? and the other one - from New Mexico or somewhere out west) are ready by 2016.

If Harbaugh is anywhere near as good as the Michigan faithful expect him to be, it shouldn't take long for UM to be "good" again........but hopefully Franklin and his staff can jump ahead of them. I think the overall talent level at PSU will be better than UM over the next couple years....but the issue will be that PSU needs to rebuild the OLine - which is the task which usually takes the longest to accomplish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT