ADVERTISEMENT

fc Brady Quinn says UM working on lifetime contract for JH...

What was Joe’s record against top 25 teams?

Who knows? Why don't you tell us? But I'll tell you this, in Joe's 3rd season he was on his way to the 1st of his 5 undefeated seasons and in the early stages of a 31 game unbeaten streak. Don't think Jimmy has that going for him.

Great tweet by Clay Travis:

When you can lock up 4th place in the Big Ten East for the next generation YOU DO IT!

Reactions: NJPSU
I want sss to tell us, since he used Harbock’s record as a reference point.

Still not seeing how Paterno is related to this thread about Harbaugh and Michigan. Did sss bring up Paterno and I missed it?

Last edited:
A lifetime contract could also be a PR stunt. Such a deal could pay Harbaugh $XX million dollars per year as long as he's the head coach but it would drop to $XX thousand per year when his coaching stint ends. That would effectively nip in the bud any rumors started by opposing coaches like the ones they try to float about Franklin. "Hey, kid. Don't go to school there because their coach will be leaving for another job next year." If anyone tried to negative recruit Harbaugh like that he could truthfully say he has a lifetime contract and is therefore committed to Michigan.

Of course... the “ leak” on this rumor is certainly well timed and well planned...

Somewhat a defensive measure I would think as well in the event Michigan loses...again... to OSU.

Says “ Tough loss but Jim is our guy “!

A lifetime contract ? Security for life ? Wonder if this would still have Hairball sleepy over recruits houses as time goes on...?

They should make it lifetime and base it on the record and that would be his salary for the next year as a reminder. 10 million a year if you go undefeated and win big and win or go to playoff all the way down to 200,000 if you have a losing record. If you lose to osu in a certain year you subtract 2 million and if you win you get 1 million. Beating osu is the expectation.

So if Harbs underperforms, the university is motivated to kill him rather than fire him? I wonder if he has thought this through? I always thought that I don't want to win a $X for Life lottery because then killing me becomes the financially beneficial choice for the state. I suppose Harbs is just confident that he'll improve and is willing to bet his life on it.

Paterno had contracts with specific end dates. But, he had a de facto lifetime contract because, other than 2004, there was zero doubt that the school would renew it and he would sign it.

Michigan: Michigan is working on a lifetime contract for Jim Harbaugh, Fox Sports college football analyst Brady Quinn said in a radio interview Tuesday.

“I talked to someone who’s kind of an insider within that program, and we had a long, drawn out conversation,” Quinn said on FOX Sports Radio, according to Mike Sullivan. “What he told me was that they’re working on a lifetime contract. I swear to you, that was his words. I kind of pressed him on it and said ‘Really?! A lifetime deal? What would that even look like?’ He couldn’t give me the particulars, but he said that’s one of the things they are talking about. That’s how confident, that’s how good they feel about Jim Harbaugh and how glad they are to have him there. So maybe that’s something Harbaugh wants.”

A lifetime deal would be the first of its kind in modern, major college football, though Michigan has already gone to considerable lengths to compensate Harbaugh. He received a raise to a $7 million salary after a 10-3 debut season in 2015, and Michigan pays the $2 million premium on a life insurance policy Harbaugh owns each Dec. 6 in the form of a retention bonus.
Sounds like Brady is the new Jaworski. Slow day so say something assanine so it is a topic on all of their stupid shows.

Wow, you're a jerk! Got it.
Hardly. 8286 new the exact connection — the closest thing we’ll ever know to a lifetime contract, and has a PSU connection — but he/she wanted to be a smart ass. My original point to sss was what do you have as points of comparison to the element of Harbaugh’s record he/she cited. 5-6 or whatever it was is pretty solid against top 25.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT