ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Bowens in the portal. Update: BOOMER SOONER.

The "I want to be the only..." days must soon be behind us in CFB, right? We're living in the zero commitment age...what once was for coaches now is becoming for all players via the transfer portal and immediate eligibility waivers (Fields, Patterson, Tugaviola, and every other team's QB that lights us up after transferring from the SEC).

Right?

The days of Chad Hennes demands must be ending. The stakes are too high at these programs to be making special handshakes to teenagers.

Always wanted to meet him and say ‘Ever wonder just how good you could have been if you had taken Joe’s advise?’ Sure he would get a laugh out of that.
Joe recruited him as a QB. He made a comment that Kelly would've been a good LB. Over time the comment morphed into Joe wanting him to come to PSU to be a LB.

Whoa, wtf?

I haven't really found/read any reports on him during his RS year - is this a big surprise? OK needing more help behind their 5*s? No way he is that good, right?

Micah Bowens: I’m transferring. Thanks for everything, Penn State.

Penn State fans: It was a logjam at QB. I understand. Good luck. We Are!

Micah Bowens: I’m going to Oklahoma!

Penn State fans: *panicking*

Best of luck to the kid, but damn, now all I can think is “If he’s good enough for Oklahoma, then what are we potentially missing out on?”

Best of luck to the kid, but damn, now all I can think is “If he’s good enough for Oklahoma, then what are we potentially missing out on?”
maybe play CB threre ??

Nailed it.

At surface level certainly seems odd. If he's not breaking out of our QB room I'm not sure how OU improves his situation. Which would make me speculate he didn't leave our program on his own accord. At least not with the intention of starting elsewhere.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma gets a needed number at the quarterback position. With the transfer of 2020 QB and true freshman Chandler Morris, the Sooners were set to have just Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williamsas scholarship signal callers. Now, Bowens enters the group as someone with Power Five experience and solid talent. He'll provide a valuable backup quarterback option for Lincoln Riley as the incoming five-star Williams gets acclimated to the division-one level.

Joe recruited him as a QB. He made a comment that Kelly would've been a good LB. Over time the comment morphed into Joe wanting him to come to PSU to be a LB.
Exactly. Joe's comment was, if QB doesn't work out you can always play linebacker. Jim Kelly was recruited to play QB.

Bowens will not see a snap at QB in OK. Him transferring there is a joke of the process.

Informative article from an OU source:

I don’t know where this walk-on stuff is coming from, but I do not believe it. This kid will have a shot to play as a third-stringer for an elite program. Good luck to him.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Informative article from an OU source:

I don’t know where this walk-on stuff is coming from, but I do not believe it. This kid will have a shot to play as a third-stringer for an elite program. Good luck to him.

Seems like a silly decision. He transfers into a school that just signed the #1 QB in the country.

That is ridiculous. Elite teams get elite players from all over the country. I’m not saying Bowers is elite or that Penn State is elite today, but that the distance isn’t the problem.
Its not the distance, its the fact that hes a 5'10" three star QB that came across country, and it ended up pretty much how I thought it would with multiple guys lined up ahead of him. They have the same guy on their roster already, and he's from nearby Jersey. Now he will go to Oklahoma as a career backup.

They dont play much defense in the Big 12, from what I recall he doesn't have much of an arm, so he'll be running around if he gets PT. I trust the coaching staff's evaluation on who we have currently. BOL to the kid

He went from buried on the depth chart at PSU to a Heisman front-runner at ou.

way too much time spent on this kid already today. He will not play at OU. He isn't better than Rattler. If Rattler happens to leave after this season, which he won't, he isn't better than Caleb Williams.

Bowen wasn't even as good as Roberson and Roberson has a whopping 10+ snaps at a place that got an all time high bad season at QB.

He might not be better than Rattler, but damn you have a hard time telling me he's definitely not better than the crap PSU is throwing out there right now..

Meanwhile, Oklahoma gets a needed number at the quarterback position. With the transfer of 2020 QB and true freshman Chandler Morris, the Sooners were set to have just Spencer Rattler and Caleb Williamsas scholarship signal callers. Now, Bowens enters the group as someone with Power Five experience and solid talent. He'll provide a valuable backup quarterback option for Lincoln Riley as the incoming five-star Williams gets acclimated to the division-one level.

He'll be learning from maybe the greatest QB whisperer in the biz. That can't hurt after going through the CJF OC merry-go-round.

ADVERTISEMENT