ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Banner Above Beaver Stadium @ Idaho Game

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I haven't seen any mention of this, though I may have missed it. The below image is of a banner that flew over Beaver Stadium @ the Idaho game.

image1-3.jpg

I saw it too, showed the other tailgaters, got no reaction. It's too far gone. It sucks.

Reactions: bdgan
The millennials and beyond don’t really know joepa so he will be of legend only since the bot trend their back on them when they did.

I noticed it at the game (actually, my wife pointed it out) and completely forgot about it until this post. We were waiting for the team bus arrival and I was surprised at the lack of attention the sign received from the crow around us.

Probably not a popular take on this board, but I think banners like this are stupid and are a bad look for PSU fans. And I'm one of the people that feels Joe was railroaded and the Freeh report was a pile of garbage. I'm guessing Anthony Lubrano was behind this?

Probably not a popular take on this board, but I think banners like this are stupid and are a bad look for PSU fans. And I'm one of the people that feels Joe was railroaded and the Freeh report was a pile of garbage. I'm guessing Anthony Lubrano was behind this?

I think the banners are a waste of time and money. The fans should say F the university suits and facilitate a nice memorial downtown.

there's a business on College Ave right next to Tubby's that has a sign out front saying "return the Paterno statue"

just saw it today

I don't care what Millenials think. F them and the avocado toast that they rode in on.

I have no problem with avocado toast . . . so long as I can remove the avocado and put a juicy all-beef burger on there.

Reactions: ApexLion
I posted this in another thread but it think it may be relevent here.

Read it here instead of Penn Lies.

Reactions: francofan
I want to see multiple competing plane banners at games. After all, this has become the accepted method of communication at Penn State. One that says "It's Your Fault, Alumni" and another that says something like "We Need More Donations."

Next winter: "Evening Classes Are Cancelled Due To Inclement Weather."

Comedy_Central-4.jpg

Perfectly good look. Shame on barren for not standing up and doing the right thing.

Why is there such generational hate nowadays? Seems stupid to me to hate an entire generation of people .

Especially funny when they can’t keep their generational hate straight. Millennials experienced JoePa at Penn State from ~2000 until the end, so they certainly will remember him and his legacy. FYI Millennials are currently ages 23-38.

Generation Z, ages 7-22, have been in the student section for the last 4 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

Fuk that, man. And by "that" I mean *anything* to do with the notion it is stupid to stand up for Joe Paterno or refute him in any way being responsible for his long retired employee secretly buggering little boys. The man was railroaded, period. He long held the media in disdain and those same people returned the favor by crushing him at his seminal moment. The BOT also hated him for his arrogance and sealed his fate.

Urban Meyer today is a head figure on our conference network one year after getting totally exposed for ethics violations that border on the unspeakable. Joe Paterno is simply.... gone. If you're ok with this or somehow embarrassed by people standing up for him, fuk you, too.

Especially funny when they can’t keep their generational hate straight. Millennials experienced JoePa at Penn State from ~2000 until the end, so they certainly will remember him and his legacy. FYI Millennials are currently ages 23-38.

Generation Z, ages 7-22, have been in the student section for the last 4 years.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/01/17/where-millennials-end-and-generation-z-begins/

Simple. Just hate them all, but hate your own generation most.

:eek:

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Fuk that, man. And by "that" I mean *anything* to do with the notion it is stupid to stand up for Joe Paterno or refute him in any way being responsible for his long retired employee secretly buggering little boys. The man was railroaded, period. He long held the media in disdain and those same people returned the favor by crushing him at his seminal moment. The BOT also hated him for his arrogance and sealed his fate.

Urban Meyer today is a head figure on our conference network one year after getting totally exposed for ethics violations that border on the unspeakable. Joe Paterno is simply.... gone. If you're ok with this or somehow embarrassed by people standing up for him, fuk you, too.
Thank you.

Hallelujah Brian. I’m with you 100%. F those who want it in their rear view mirrors. It was an injustice and I hope Lubrano flies that banner at every game. The number 409 should be on the ring of honor, above the champions years. The current administration are weak and cowards. Don’t want to rock the donation boat. Barbers comments on the Idaho Unrivaled Show is exactly who they are. Donation whores. I’ve told them every time they call. No statute, no recognition, no $$$. End of story.

Hallelujah Brian. I’m with you 100%. F those who want it in their rear view mirrors. It was an injustice and I hope Lubrano flies that banner at every game. The number 409 should be on the ring of honor, above the champions years. The current administration are weak and cowards. Don’t want to rock the donation boat. Barbers comments on the Idaho Unrivaled Show is exactly who they are. Donation whores. I’ve told them every time they call. No statute, no recognition, no $$$. End of story.

This, exactly. Everything about "the Sandusky crimes" and it's aftermath was and remains a complete fiasco, including the great dishonor heaped upon the man who did more than anyone to promote PSU. The dishonor and stigma piled upon the football program and players included. There should have been NO sanctions, NO fines, NO nothing other than the criminals being prosecuted and punished. PERIOD.

When a bank employee embezzles money should all the other tellers get punished too? Should the bank get fined for employing such a nefarious person? Should the bank be limited to 5 tellers when 10 are needed? Should the bank charge 2% interest when other banks can charge 4%? Why not? Oh, I see, when crimes are committed just the criminals get punished not the innocent.

One more thing, it's a crime to NOT honor Joe!!

I haven't seen any mention of this, though I may have missed it. The below image is of a banner that flew over Beaver Stadium @ the Idaho game.

image1-3.jpg

Since the university seems to be only catering to people with "deep pockets", perhaps some of those people should get together and create something to honor Paterno on public land where the university has no say in the matter.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78

For someone who thinks we should just move on, our gal Audrey loves to take notice of such things and take snarky shots at us JoeBots.... and at Joe.

And her aside, I'll forever scratch my head over many people who have been looong-time PSU football fans yet love to take pot shots at Joe's coaching. If they didn't care for Joe, how were they such ardent fans of PSU? Did they not notice the 409 wins... or did they simply take winning for granted under Joe and felt personally let down when PSU lost? How can they ignore what he meant and still means to so many of his former players and staff and coaches? Certainly those closest to Joe were impacted by him beyond what these other folks can imagine.

That's what Audrey and others should focus on, to gain a more meaningful understanding as to why moving on without honoring Joe just ain't gonna happen. Joe was too important to too many people on a very personal level, whether they knew him or not!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT