ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Army unis for the game Saturday (link)

The “Black Knights of the Hudson”

The Army teams were officially the “Cadets” until 1999 when they became the “Black Knights”.

Holy sh*t is that awesome!! Always hated my Army unit patches - Big Red One is one of the best. Love the little details like the branch patches too. Has Navy unveiled theirs?

Navy Unis - good try fellas...but this is sort of a microcosm of the difference between Nike/UnderArmour....

Navy Unis - good try fellas...but this is sort of a microcosm of the difference between Nike/UnderArmour....

apples to oranges, my coworker has a kid at the navy academy and we were talking about this last week. army can make uniforms that tribute the individual units with color schemes and such so it makes it easier to coordinate the theme. navy a little more difficult, ya know all ships are grey but next year they are going to a marine uniform ... so i ll reserve judgment until next year ... though i really think they can work in individual battles or even different branches of the navy ... IE "battleships" "carriers" "seals" "subs"

edit: i thought the video was a little cheesy, maybe cut out the speech and have then just jumping out of the trench. but its difficult to "glamorize" trench warfare. I heard it wasn't much "fun"

I was taking to my brother who wants to take his son to this year's Army-Navy game, and was shocked to hear what the tickets are going for. This past weekend on Stubhub the most affordable tickets were $85, and today there are a lot of tickets in the $200-300 range. I've been to a couple past games and don't remember these high prices and suggested he might find better prices outside the stadium.

Does anyone else have experience with Army-Navy ticket prices?

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
I was taking to my brother who wants to take his son to this year's Army-Navy game, and was shocked to hear what the tickets are going for. This past weekend on Stubhub the most affordable tickets were $85, and today there are a lot of tickets in the $200-300 range. I've been to a couple past games and don't remember these high prices and suggested he might find better prices outside the stadium.

Bought mine through a cadets ties to USMA. Nosebleeds for $100 a pop. Everything low and central required you to be a donor to the A Club at great expense or through stub hub and the like at prices > $100.

Good luck as I fear you will need a small loan at this point

apples to oranges, my coworker has a kid at the navy academy and we were talking about this last week. army can make uniforms that tribute the individual units with color schemes and such so it makes it easier to coordinate the theme. navy a little more difficult, ya know all ships are grey but next year they are going to a marine uniform ... so i ll reserve judgment until next year ... though i really think they can work in individual battles or even different branches of the navy ... IE "battleships" "carriers" "seals" "subs"

edit: i thought the video was a little cheesy, maybe cut out the speech and have then just jumping out of the trench. but its difficult to "glamorize" trench warfare. I heard it wasn't much "fun"

Not really apples to oranges, but you have a good point. The Army has more 'unit specific' stuff they can work with but the Navy has just as proud a heritage and many places they can draw inspiration including with the Marines. And, not all Army units will lend themselves to a cool uniform (though there are a lot with cool unit insignia - 18th Airborne, 82nd, 101st, 1st CAV, 1 AD, etc.). Looking at you V Corps/Chrysler patch...

1200px-V_Corps.svg.png

Agreed. I was turned off by that. Just let the uni be awesome without further hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Agreed. The was turned off by that. Just let the uni be awesome without further hype.

Here are a few throughout the years. On the whole, I'd say Navy has the overall edge (noting Army has used a lot of variants on their traditional black/gold uniform that are rather uninspiring). Love this tradition.

2014 Navy

navy2014.jpg

2016 Army

army2016_0.jpg

2015 Navy

navy2015.jpg

2017 Army (10th Mountain Division)

army-navy-2017.jpg

2016 Navy

navy-army-2016.jpg

2013 Navy

navy2013.jpg

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Here are a few throughout the years. On the whole, I'd say Navy has the overall edge (noting Army has used a lot of variants on their traditional black/gold uniform that are rather uninspiring). Love this tradition.

2014 Navy

navy2014.jpg

2016 Army

army2016_0.jpg

2015 Navy

navy2015.jpg

2017 Army (10th Mountain Division)

army-navy-2017.jpg

2016 Navy

navy-army-2016.jpg

2013 Navy

navy2013.jpg
2013 Navy uni was great. 2017 was a down year for both. This year’s army uni is off the charts.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
2013 Navy uni was great. 2017 was a down year for both. This year’s army uni is off the charts.

omg you didn't like the 10th mountain uni's OMG we can't be friends
edit
the tenth mountain division was assigned to fight in toughest terrain imaginable in the italian alps, they have the regiment patches, the crossed ski pin on the helmets is great "pando commandos"

oh and weather dressed the part!!

Last edited:
Reactions: wilbury
omg you didn't like the 10th mountain uni's OMG we can't be friends
edit
the tenth mountain division was assigned to fight in toughest terrain imaginable in the italian alps, they have the regiment patches, the crossed ski pin on the helmets is great "pando commandos"

oh and weather dressed the part!!
I liked them and all respect to the 10th. But I didn’t love them on the gridiron during a football game. Snow camo in wintry weather in football? To each his own.

I liked them and all respect to the 10th. But I didn’t love them on the gridiron during a football game. Snow camo in wintry weather in football? To each his own.

I'm not going to lie, and this might be too much information but they made the you-know-what get a little blood to the tip

You’ll have no trouble getting tickets in the parking lot before the game for a reasonable price. Similar to any psu game. Not without some risk/discomfort, and you may miss a bunch of the pre-game pomp which is half the point, but if your goal is to get into the game for a fair price it can be done.

ADVERTISEMENT