ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Alumni trustee nomination ballots out...

Well, it's been 8 straight years of people complaining that nothing ever happens. It's time to try something different.

Barry J Fenchak 1984

Barry will at least attempt to do something. Chances of being successful are slim, but he'll try.

Well, it's been 8 straight years of people complaining that nothing ever happens. It's time to try something different.

Barry J Fenchak 1984

Barry will at least attempt to do something. Chances of being successful are slim, but he'll try.
Barry is an idiot that cannot restrain himself from insulting his potential supporters. He is unable to grasp the concept that to get on the ballot or get elected you must appeal to a certain number of voters. He would rather say "f**k you I'm a genius and you aren't". Yeah, that is going to appeal to a lot of people.

How many times has he been kicked off this board from having a frothing-at-the-mouth meltdown? And the population here isn't exactly pro-BOT.

If you can't even work with your supporters how are you going to bring about positive change?

If he somehow got himself elected it would change things on the BOT. Whatever minimal functionality the Board has now would disappear into an even greater morass of dysfunction than it is now.

41yFaNHofeL._AC_.jpg

Barry is an idiot that cannot restrain himself from insulting his potential supporters. He is unable to grasp the concept that to get on the ballot or get elected you must appeal to a certain number of voters. He would rather say "f**k you I'm a genius and you aren't". Yeah, that is going to appeal to a lot of people.

How many times has he been kicked off this board from having a frothing-at-the-mouth meltdown? And the population here isn't exactly pro-BOT.

If you can't even work with your supporters how are you going to bring about positive change?

If he somehow got himself elected it would change things on the BOT. Whatever minimal functionality the Board has now would disappear into an even greater morass of dysfunction than it is now.
Sadly, I agree with everything you just said. Anyone who purposely, proudly, and repeatedly uses the terms “retard” and “retarded” lacks the intellect, ability and self-awareness to represent the interest of PSU alums. And that’s saying A LOT right now.

Last edited:

Barry J Fenchak 1984

I voted for Barry the past couple elections but not sure what name he uses to post here anymore. I'd totally vote for him again (his abrasive disposition notwithstanding) but not sure if he's still interested.

I voted for Barry the past couple elections but not sure what name he uses to post here anymore. I'd totally vote for him again (his abrasive disposition notwithstanding) but not sure if he's still interested.
I could totally accept an "abrasive disposition". Saying that he has an abrasive disposition is a gross understatement akin to calling nuclear weapons "explosive". The man is a meglomanic with anger issues. He is the poster child for NPD.

But hey, if that thing is what you want to represent you, more power to you.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I could totally accept an "abrasive disposition". Saying that he has an abrasive disposition is a gross understatement akin to calling nuclear weapons "explosive". The man is a meglomanic with anger issues. He is the poster child for NPD.

But hey, if that thing is what you want to represent you, more power to you.

Has anyone you’ve ever voted for represented you? If so, how? The whole thing is a clown show.

What’s the purpose? It doesn’t matter as it’s already been determined by current BOT. Do you really thing they would allow change agents to infiltrate their club?

Got mine this morning. Anyone still doing this?
Got mine. This is the nomination part I believe. I voted for Barry last year. At least you’d know where he stands and get information. Sadly, I won’t vote even for any of the Lubrano group anymore after voting only for them since 2011 (except for only Barry last year as a write in). I haven’t seen one but if difference from our crew versus the Old BOT. They are all the same

I would certainly sell my vote for a case of Yueling Black and Tan though. So, anyone from Onward State, just ping me.

Got mine. This is the nomination part I believe. I voted for Barry last year. At least you’d know where he stands and get information. Sadly, I won’t vote even for any of the Lubrano group anymore after voting only for them since 2011 (except for only Barry last year as a write in). I haven’t seen one but if difference from our crew versus the Old BOT. They are all the same

I would certainly sell my vote for a case of Yueling Black and Tan though. So, anyone from Onward State, just ping me.
This is the first part of any election...the nomination process, which only puts candidates on the ballot. Write-ins almost never win so it's important to get people on the ballot so they have a fair chance of competing.

Why not let everyone that wants to run for office get on the ballot so that they get included in any communications?

Barry J Fenchak. 1984

Last edited:
The platform for the alumni-elected trustees needs to be cooperation with Mark Dambly, Eric Barron, and other university leaders. Remember, we’re all in this together.

The platform for the alumni-elected trustees needs to be cooperation with Mark Dambly, Eric Barron, and other university leaders. Remember, we’re all in this together.
Yep, that's gotten us exactly where Dambly, Barron, and others want us.

Wondering if Barry will be successful isn't they right play here as the deck is stacked, but unlike the others he'll at least try to make a difference.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Yep, that's gotten us exactly where Dambly, Barron, and others want us.

Wondering if Barry will be successful isn't they right play here as the deck is stacked, but unlike the others he'll at least try to make a difference.
Barry is a sick individual. He should seek help but it is doubtful that he would do so.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5, 2013) indicates that a person with NPD possesses at least five of the following nine criteria, typically without possessing the commensurate personal qualities or accomplishments for which they demand respect and status:

- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g. exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
- Believes that they are "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
- Requires excessive admiration.
- Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations).
- Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve their own ends).
- Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
- Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of them.
- Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.

All of those criteria pretty much describe Barry. If you want to elect individuals with mental disorders as the face of PSU Alumni go for it. The BOT would become an even worse joke than it is now, but that might be your intent.

Reactions: PS4814
Barry is a sick individual. He should seek help but it is doubtful that he would do so.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5, 2013) indicates that a person with NPD possesses at least five of the following nine criteria, typically without possessing the commensurate personal qualities or accomplishments for which they demand respect and status:

- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g. exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements).
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
- Believes that they are "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
- Has a sense of entitlement (i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations).
- Is interpersonally exploitative (i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve their own ends).
- Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.

All of those criteria pretty much describe Barry. If you want to elect individuals with mental disorders as the face of PSU Alumni go for it. The BOT would become an even worse joke than it is now, but that might be your intent.
Wow, this says way more about you than it does Barry. Most believe the BOT couldn't possibly get worse than it is now.

Last edited:
I want to get someone from this board on the BOT. Who's interested?

Yes, Barry does have some personality faults; MAybe all of them above. Who knows? However, he does seem like a person with the personality and PASSION to openly question and challenge the BOT. Nothing else has worked. It would be highly entertaining to watch the OGBOT squirm and have their sphincters tighten by the Q&A dialog with Barry.

Think of as 'disruptive technology' for the greater good.

The three members of the BOT with terms running out are:

Rob Tribeck
Laurie Stanell
Brandon Short

Can anyone think of a single thing any of these three have done over the past 3 years?

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Rob Tribeck
Laurie Stanell
Brandon Short

Can anyone think of a single thing any of these three have done over the past 3 years?
Brandon short posted on the board.....oh wait, that was before he was elected. Haven’t seen him since

Reactions: Ski and CentexLion

Rob Tribeck
Laurie Stanell
Brandon Short

Last I remember Short was with the Giants

Never heard of Laurie. Sorry

And didn’t Tribeck just die after a long run on Jeopardy? No wonder he wasn’t able to contribute to the BOD

Say what you want about Barry. I can guarantee BOD meetings would be worth the watch after he was banned from attending and asking questions. Same way he was banned from here by the BOT apologists?

And guessing Barry would have the balls to publish the Frehr report. Unlike the other non-leaders that spent so much time and money to get a peak and said we would see it, but folded under the threat of a lawsuit (with released info to their buddies).

You think Barry would have voted unanimously for the current elected like our current alumni leaders did? At least Adam sustained 😂

Unfortunately, if I was a high schooler in PA now, I would never be accepted into PSU or could I afford it. They strayed too far from their charter. They got very nice buildings and many tenured positions and tons of new Admin roles Back in the 80s, the engineering equipment was from wwii, the dorms were crappy but functional, but it was affordable to a first generation farm boy. As an upper middle class earner now, there are tons of private educations as a better value than PSU for my kids (was prepping them to go to PSU, but not worth the cost - Citadel, Texas A&M and U of Texas). That is the real issue and doesn’t look like it will change.

Last edited:
Yes, Barry does have some personality faults; MAybe all of them above. Who knows? However, he does seem like a person with the personality and PASSION to openly question and challenge the BOT. Nothing else has worked. It would be highly entertaining to watch the OGBOT squirm and have their sphincters tighten by the Q&A dialog with Barry.

Think of as 'disruptive technology' for the greater good.

I was going to nominate him but checked his Twitter - pass. Anyone else thinking of running or need a write in?

Reactions: The Stan
ADVERTISEMENT