ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite two ingredient cocktail?

diontechristmas

Sep 3, 2009
I have limited drink making supplies at the moment so let’s hear your favorite 2 ingredient cocktail.

Whiskey & ginger?
7 & 7?
Rum & coke?
Vodka & cranberry?

Lately I’ve been partial to mixing fruit punch with some (ok a lot of) Captain Morgan’s. Curious if there are any delicious and simple combos I’ve never tried.

Last edited:
I have limited drink making supplies at the moment so let’s hear your favorite 2 ingredient cocktail.

Whiskey & ginger?
7 & 7?
Rum & coke?
Vodka & cranberry?

Lately I’ve been partial to mixing fruit punch with some (ok a lot of) Captain Morgan’s. Curious if there are any delicious and simple combos I’ve never tried.
My wife would say vodka topped off with some vodka. I'll go with beer topped off with another beer, and another beer, and another beer, and another beer, and another...

Whiskey & ginger?
7 & 7?
Rum & coke?
Vodka & cranberry?

Come on guys. Hendricks gin and a touch of vermouth well stirred and straight up with a twist. Or, Laguvulin 16 Scotch straight - no ice. It has the taste of the bog in it and it is delicious. Or, Red Breast Irish Whiskey. A touch of heaven

Whiskey & ginger?
7 & 7?
Rum & coke?
Vodka & cranberry?

Luksusowa is an under-rated vodka for the price. I am draining my 1.75 liter bottle by making Cosmos consisting of Luksusowa and Pama pomegranate liqueur!
Luksusowa_Vodka_1.75mL_bottle.jpg

Bourbon & equal amount of sweet & dry vermouth on the rocks. I know 2 ingredients, but need dry vermouth to smooth it out a bit.

Reactions: rudedude
Crown and Ice, Small batch Bourbon and ice. Wine and a glass, beer and a bottle.

Probably Makers and one ice cube.

But for more fun I'll go with a recipe I learned from Dimebag Darrell. Shot of Crown Royal and a splash of coke. The Black Tooth Grin. Betcha can't drink just one!

Whiskey & ginger?
7 & 7?
Rum & coke?
Vodka & cranberry?

Double Scotch

Dry martini -- a generous pour of gin with a lesser amount of dry vermouth

On the rocks with a lemon twist is my preference
In my youth when I was tending bar one night I had a patron tell me he wanted to teach me how to make a better dry martini than the first one I had made him.

His first instruction was to open the vermouth and place the bottle at the far end of the bar. Then come back to my station and pour 2 ounces or more of gin over some ice and stir it until it was very cold, strain it into a glass and add the olive. Then go get the vermouth and put the cap back on the bottle.

Then he said if I ask for an extra dry martini do not take the cap off the vermouth.

Lots of options. Vodka can be mixed with almost anything in a pinch. I'd suggest doing yourself a favor and getting some more ingredients though.

Gin & tonic
Rum & coke - my fav is Cuban 7 year Havana Club but can't get it in the USA
Crown & ginger ale
Vodka & club soda (works well with plain, Deep Eddy graprefruit or Deep Eddy lemon)
Vodka & tonic
Moscow Mule - Vodka & ginger beer (best with some lime juice so 3 ingredients)
Gin Martini - Gin & Vermouth
Vodka Martini - Vodka & Vermouth
Gin Gimlet - Gin & lime juice

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT