ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite bond theme song

Those John Barry Orchestra numbers were the best. That plucky Moog bass....

Reactions: brupsu
Mine has got to be "you only live twice with a close second "For your eyes only"
My top 5 in order...
Goldfinger or well anything by Shirley Bassey
Live and Let Die
A View to a Kill
Edit: I forgot about Skyfall I'm replacing Nobody does it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: brupsu
Love both of those. 'For Your Eyes Only' would round out my top three.

Sheena Easton. Holy crap.

564full-sheena-easton.jpg

Serious question-did you have hearing earlier in life to know the theme to Goldfinger? You are a few years older than me so it’s been around both of our lifetimes.
I became deaf in November of my kindergarten year (spinal meningitis; I am told that four kids who got infected in that same outbreak died). The only time I remember being able to hear is the time I won a Hokey-Pokey contest at a roller rink on Rte 413 near my Levittown home. So, no, nothing other than that.

Lol, we lived less than a mile from the Langhorne Speedway, which closed in 1971, and my sisters tell men that on race days you couldn’t hear yourself think. I have no recollection of that.

One other thing, it took me a long time to get the hang of realizing that not hearing a car coming down the street doesn’t mean that I should just run across the street to my buddy’s home. I had many, many close calls.

Last edited:
I became deaf in November of my kindergarten year (spinal meningitis; I am told that four kids who got infected in that same outbreak died). The only time I remember being able to hear is the time I won a Hokey-Pokey contest at a roller rink on Rte 413 near my Levittown home. So, no, nothing other than that.

Lol, we lived less than a mile from the Langhorne Speedway, which closed in 1971, and my sisters tell men that on race days you couldn’t hear yourself think. I have no recollection of that.

One other thing, it took me a long time to get the hang of realizing that not hearing a car coming down the street doesn’t mean that I should just run across the street to my buddy’s home. I had many, many close calls.
Thanks.

Reactions: LionJim

Remember reedmans I had a neighbor who bought a nice Chevy from them got home and saw in the paper a cheaper price.The add was reedmans lol

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim and N&B4PSU

Neshaminy grad?

1. For Your Eyes Only - Sheena Easton
  2. You Know My Name - Chris Cornell
  3. Live and Let Die - Wings
  4. Surrender - k.d. lang (a case where the end credits song was better than the theme song)
  5. On Her Majesty’s Secret Service - John Barry Orchestra

Last edited:
Goldfinger has to be #1

Also like Thunderball and We Have All the Time in the World (technically not the theme but....)

Skyfall. Adele's voice is spectacular, and the song has a haunting quality to it. Also, Skyfall is my favorite Bond movie.

I've had this conversation with my wife recently. I like View to a Kill and Skyfall 1 and 2. What amazes me the most, and this is where you can tell somebody is a true artist, is how these musicians can capture the "feel" of a James Bond movie in the music. In other words, you listen to either of those songs for the first time and sombody says...."that's the theme to the new Bond movie", it's instantly recognizeable. They sound like they should be Bond themes.

ADVERTISEMENT