ADVERTISEMENT

Fast cars on the move

Hey AJ. No need to go home. We've got everything you needed or want right here. I am sure they will buy some 200# dumbbells if you want. Can't wait to hear of you tossing it around in the room with Cassar and Cael.

I’m sure this is not how it actually works and all that. But it seems to me that if AJ spends a couple hours around Cassar he would be sold on PSU. I can just picture the two of them lifting weights, wrestling, and walking around campus in tank tops and can’t see how they wouldn’t be best friends.

Did AJ do something bad to you and/or yours? ;)

Lol, I only wrote that Matter in hopes Ferrari didn’t end up a Buckeye and impact future team races to be clear. Best of luck to the Fast Car Bros. I figured at Rutgers he impacts the team race less kinda like Suri and Schnaulty did

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Could be just me but I don't see Ferrari as a good fit at PSU. He seems to be too much about himself and everyone look at me. So far the couple guys that have went to PSU that were like that didn't last very long. I see him going to a school like Rutgers where he can be their star and they will cater to him and his dad.

Reactions: kevin310 and tabenn
Could be just me but I don't see Ferrari as a good fit at PSU. He seems to be too much about himself and everyone look at me. So far the couple guys that have went to PSU that were like that didn't last very long. I see him going to a school like Rutgers where he can be their star and they will cater to him and his dad.

What about Ferrari makes him "too much about himself and everyone look at me"?

I don't follow wrestling recruiting that closely (outside reading this board), but all I've seen is that he uses social media a lot.

It seems like his parents are actually making the posts...unless he talks about himself in the third person, which would be a red flag. They just seem to be having fun with the very long and tedious process. I don't fault them for that.

Reactions: PSU_Pride_93
6a00d8345275cf69e201bb09c04e0b970d-800wi

It seems like his parents are actually making the posts...unless he talks about himself in the third person, which would be a red flag. They just seem to be having fun with the very long and tedious process. I don't fault them for that.
I have always thought the same thing...i dont think he controls the social media for reasons i think that the parents may want to control what is posted so it is not brought up later down the line like some athletes in the pros have felt criticism as of late for posts back in HS

There were some who thought that Bo has some of these tendencies long ago. How did that work out - it's what we do! I think Cael can handle most types except for the extreme 'Jersey' personalities. :)

There is also a very thin line sometimes between ultra competitiveness /extreme self confidence/ greatness on the mat and over the top ego that creates off the mat issues or team discontinuity.

Kids like AJ are rare breed, and for sure the 'super elite' kids come in many different personalities.

Although there is a lot of charter about who is a 'fit' for PSU, only Cael knows this criteria. I would love it if we could land AJ, and I see him as capable of being a multi year Heavy national champion being one of the few (maybe along with KirkV) who could take down Gable Stevenson after Cassar is gone. I think AJ has more intensity and upside than KirkV as well. There is no question this kid is s 'driven'. He wants it!

On the other end of the spectrum is my favorite all time PSU wrestler, Jason Nolf. We may never see the likes of him come again. Ultra competitiveness and driven but almost totally lacking ego, filled with humility and gratitude. I will miss him greatly. Zain was similar in this respect as well but I don't think that necessarily defines what a PSU wrestler has to be.

Cael absolutely teaches gratitude and humility and I am sure these attributes will stay with all of our kids throughout their lives.

Trust Cael and the coaches. They're not perfect, no one is, but do well recruiting kids that fit the program.

Fans judging a recruit, or their parents, just on social media stuff alone, is just wrong. I'll take Cael, Casey or Cody's face-to-face time with recruits, mom and dad, and others, over the judgmental perception of a fan.

The wait will soon be over. I suspect AJ will commit to ???? early next week. His last visit is OSU, I believe this weekend.

Last edited:
You called it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT