ADVERTISEMENT

Fast cars on the move

So the #1 and #2 195 lbers in the country are both at Bergen now? What are they gonna do, flip a coin?

"... They’ve been taught not to snitch. Anyone who knows the Ferrari’s… knows that. Sometimes there are repercussions for living by a code deemed outdated in today’s world."

Them's some cryptic fightin' words.

Not sure I love how that was handled if I'm a recruiter.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Maybe moving up weights was unanticipated and could affect where they go. But I'm probably 80% wrong.
Eh, I think AJ is talented enough to compete at whatever weight for the time being. Just seems like a courtesy. Probably right back down to 195 once Cardenas graduates.

"... They’ve been taught not to snitch. Anyone who knows the Ferrari’s… knows that. Sometimes there are repercussions for living by a code deemed outdated in today’s world."

Not how you would have handled it?

Yeah, they'd be labeled "do not recruit" instantly at any school I was coaching.

Reactions: Wilco43
The last line is very strange. Not to mention the 2nd to last paragraph.
Another thought on that last line:

The Ferraris live in PA. Commute to Blair was only 15 min each way, largely rural.

However, commute to Bergen Catholic is at least 1:15 each way if they're lucky, with much of it NYC suburban traffic. And only AJ being old enough to drive.

Unless one of the parents works in that direction, good possibility they'll be weekend commuter students, spending weeknights at some teammate's house and weekends at home. (Maybe that's why they singled out the Focas?)

That could dramatically alter their approach to recruiting. In their (parents') position, I would restrict recruiting to the offseason when the kids are home. Official visits as early in the fall as possible. Partly to control the process, partly to not impose on a host family.

Process changes often impact process results.

Reactions: jtothemfp
"The boys may be going up a weight (or 2 or 3). We didn’t think it was right to disrupt the lineup in the middle of the year and try to take the spot of nationally ranked wrestlers"

This would be interesting to see. AJ is a very big HS Jr 197 who may still be growing and has a lot of room on his frame.

I think that is where he will protect in College after 2-3 more years anyway. I would like to see what he can do at heavy now. He may end up looking like a Cassar/Kirk type heavy which seems to be the trend these days anyway. Let him and Seth battle it out.

The account is named Ferrari Brothers, but the words are in someone else’s voice. Is it Mom or Dad who is writing?

Anyhow, the text hints that the boys were fighting for truth justice and the American way. Sounds good to me. I like defenders of the weak. Restart the FULL COURT PRESS!

I trust that the fight was something like the following, and the brothers were standing up for those that were weak and getting picked on.

Reactions: danoftw
I'm not saying Cael wouldn't take A.J. if he fell in his lap, but I will be surprised if he is a priority recruit. Beard looks like a machine to my eyes and a guy with the athletic talent to keep getting better. Snacks actually will be better than his brother imo even though I hate sounding like Spyker (or fake Spyker I can't remember). I think Cael will look really hard for that 149/157 type recruit in that class and the next need would be frosting as the roster is talented top to bottom. The guys grey shirting this year are quite the bounty.

I think Cael will look really hard for that 149/157 type recruit in that class and the next need would be frosting as the roster is talented top to bottom. The guys grey shirting this year are quite the bounty.
That looks good in theory until looking at available names. The only top 2020 guy in that range is probably Saunders. After that, nobody really stands out -- next best is maybe Lackman from Beca?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cael saves up for 2021 -- Facundo, Van Ness, and Herrera among others.

That looks good in theory until looking at available names. The only top 2020 guy in that range is probably Saunders. After that, nobody really stands out -- next best is maybe Lackman from Beca?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cael saves up for 2021 -- Facundo, Van Ness, and Herrera among others.

Would you assume C Manville would also be a target?

I understand. I was fairly worried our (ISU) recruit Ryan Anderson would end up squarely in Cael's radar. I think he is going to be a really good one and can't wait to watch him up close. We could use a few more PA boys if you guys can spare any.

I know that Blair is a private school and they can certainly decide who they wish to attend and who they wish to expel, but personally I'd like to hear the backstory. Have we really gotten to the point where a couple of high school kids get in a simple fight and then immediately get expelled for it? Perhaps there's more to the story, but I'd sure love to hear some insider info on what went down here and why such a short leash.
Maybe I'm missing something but do we even know for sure they were expelled, or just assuming that? Also not aware that we know anything about how long or short the leash was.

I'm not saying Cael wouldn't take A.J. if he fell in his lap, but I will be surprised if he is a priority recruit. Beard looks like a machine to my eyes and a guy with the athletic talent to keep getting better. Snacks actually will be better than his brother imo even though I hate sounding like Spyker (or fake Spyker I can't remember). I think Cael will look really hard for that 149/157 type recruit in that class and the next need would be frosting as the roster is talented top to bottom. The guys grey shirting this year are quite the bounty.

I have to agree with your assessment. Seth has the goods to be better than Nick. The biggest challenge being a loaded class where top 4 will be really hard to achieve. Gable, Paris, Cassiopi, Kervliet...

Sucks for the younger brother. Maybe he fit in well at Blair. Sounds like he wont get a say in his collegiate decision either.

Last edited:
The kid is super talented and huge. I am firmly in the camp this kid grows out of 197 and becomes a heavy.

So the questions are, will his temperment be a fit, and less about Beard and more about Seth? He has the frame to be Cassar like in build. He is still a Jr. In highschool and he looks big and powerful, and he is dominating almost everyone.

I believe that Gable it an abberration. Once a decade you get someone that big who is still extremely athletic. So GS aside I think we see a trend toward many more 230-250 max guys. Snyder was the trend setter and Cassar and to a lesser extent White are proving the point.

I agree Seth has the stuff to be better than big bro if not physically already, but I don't see him beating Gable. I doubt Gable will lose again vs anyone not named Cassar. Seth will also have a tough time vs the new wave of athletic guys once they mature.

AJ with 25 lbs of muscle is a very scary thought. I am 100% sold on his body, attitude on the mat and athleticism being finalist material in 2-3 years. I don't know anything about what's going on between the ears or if he is a personally fit for Cael's program, but if we pass that may be why. From where I stand now I think we need to go after him big time.

With the new transfer rules what's so bad about being in the best room in the country for a year as a red shirt, let the best man win, and the second best will be pressured vigorously by most of the rest of the country.

Reactions: Nittany-1
So word is the Ferrari boys are headed back to Texas. Decided Jersey not for them.
Not to be that guy (and by that i mean a dick) but can you elaborate or confirm that your sources are not from the Rutgers wrestling forum? Because this exact same conversation happened on Saturday in their forum. TIA

Presuming this is true, then they're likely headed to OKST.

Since they're basically down to OKST and Rutgers -- if they wanted Rutgers and were attending school in NJ, why return to Dallas instead of establishing NJ residency?

(Yes, AJ also mentioned PSU and OSU as finalists, but both were pretty obviously afterthoughts.)

Presuming this is true, then they're likely headed to OKST.

Since they're basically down to OKST and Rutgers -- if they wanted Rutgers and were attending school in NJ, why return to Dallas instead of establishing NJ residency?

(Yes, AJ also mentioned PSU and OSU as finalists, but both were pretty obviously afterthoughts.)

So it looks like AJ will be wrestling 74 in college. :p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT