ADVERTISEMENT

Fast cars on the move

One of the reply tweets alludes to AJ getting in a fight and getting expelled. Suggested Bergen Catholic as the winner.

I went to a dual last night in which one team contested only two matches because three of their starters were out.... pretty sure they could use a Ferrari or two.

One of the reply tweets alludes to AJ getting in a fight and getting expelled.

I don't understand why any high school kid would choose to fight these super-high-level wrestlers. Apparently, these kids don't watch much MMA.

EDIT: Due to strayed off topic....

Last edited:
I don't understand why any high school kid would choose to fight these super-high-level wrestlers. Apparently, these kids don't watch much MMA.

EDIT: Due to strayed off topic....
Why would any elite athlete not learn to walk away from trouble at the risk of losing scholarship and more

Reactions: lionlover
Why would any elite athlete not learn to walk away from trouble at the risk of losing scholarship and more

Are you kidding? They are teenagers. If you don;t remember what that was like I can;t help you, but teenagers do things without thinking and on impulse. Come to think of it so do adults, as evidenced on this and every other message board.

No matter what, new kids in a new school.

There doesn't appear to be a history of uncontrolled aggressive behavior.

Without knowing what was going on it is impossible to draw insightful conclusions.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Good thing about slush funds is they are fungible. Some kid at Blair got a paypal payment from Mr. Carl Sunderson.

NCAA Compliance Office would kindly request that you put a winky face at the end here to indicate you're joking. Apparently they're a bit tired of fielding crazy frantic calls from Vodka. ;)

Reactions: tabenn and danoftw
I know that Blair is a private school and they can certainly decide who they wish to attend and who they wish to expel, but personally I'd like to hear the backstory. Have we really gotten to the point where a couple of high school kids get in a simple fight and then immediately get expelled for it? Perhaps there's more to the story, but I'd sure love to hear some insider info on what went down here and why such a short leash.

Reactions: 1AA
Perhaps tbere are others out there who are a better fit to our program. Kids will be kids, but some yellow caution flags here.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. You don’t get expelled for only 1 fight. I think and hope Cael would pass based on this. As stated earlier, they would fit in great at Iowa - PD3 2.0. Tom and Terry are always looking for a fight. Maybe they are also looking for a fighter.

This string is getting foolish. We know little to nothing about what happened, and certainly nothing to disqualify anyone from consideration at this point in time. Fights in highschool happen all the time, we don't know the reason, who started it, what happened,..... and the list goes on. Some private schools have a zero tolerance auto expulsion policy for fighting.

AJ remains at the top of my must get list . He is a unique and special talent. With confirmation that he is some kind of thug I might feel differently, but not today.

Last edited:
My kid's parochial school does have a zero tolerance expulsion policy for fighting.
But in practice, the policy can and has been ignored, and parental politics does play a very large factor.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Perhaps tbere are others out there who are a better fit to our program. Kids will be kids, but some yellow caution flags here.

Long been a fan of Ferrari's talent, and I don't know any of them personally, but Dallas suburb/exurb entitlement legit scares me. Maybe just because Im a Houston guy. Either way, I'm pretty good with Beard/Nevills.

Let’s not kid ourselves here. You don’t get expelled for only 1 fight. I think and hope Cael would pass based on this. As stated earlier, they would fit in great at Iowa - PD3 2.0. Tom and Terry are always looking for a fight. Maybe they are also looking for a fighter.
Here's Lawrenceville's handbook, for example: https://lawrenceville.myschoolapp.com/ftpimages/928/download/download_2073957.pdf Lawrenceville is another prep school in New Jersey. (I'd use Blair's, but it's behind a $43,400 paywall for day students, and a $62,000 paywall for boarders)

Reactions: Dogwelder
#toomuchtestosterone

That's not universally true. Many private and parochial schools have a one-fight-and-you're-gone policy, and, speaking from experience, some enforce it rigidly.
And you also have the possibility of school/wrestling politics---who knows --someone with pull my have a son riding the pine sense the brothers Ferrari moved east.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT