ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2022

How do they score Fargo? I thought if you had a champ you got 8 teams points and if you finished second you got 7 team points all the way down to 1 team point for an 8th place finish. It has to have changed. What is the scoring like now?

just go to floarena and do some algebra

placepts
1​
25​
2​
20​
3​
15​
4​
12​
5​
9​
6​
7​
7​
5​
8​
2​

Reactions: lookleft goright
I was watching Barr vs Welsh again today while eating a delicious Italian sub.

Another thing that stuck out to me, and I don't like putting the burden of comparison on him, was the difference in physique between the two of them. It was like watching ol' Noodle Arms vs Kollin Moore. Obviously Bo was/is extremely strong but strength and lifting weights didn't seem to be a focus of his wrestling development. Barr and Welsh look like stereotypical PSU and tOSU wrestlers, despite the fact that they've never wrestled for the schools they've signed with.

Another thing that stuck out to me, and I don't like putting the burden of comparison on him, was the difference in physique between the two of them. It was like watching ol' Noodle Arms vs Kollin Moore. Obviously Bo was/is extremely strong but strength and lifting weights didn't seem to be a focus of his wrestling development. Barr and Welsh look like stereotypical PSU and tOSU wrestlers, despite the fact that they've never wrestled for the schools they've signed with.
i actually thought barr looked a lot bigger than i remembered, especially through his chest and back. built kind of like kemerer. i think he ends up at 184. really like him as a prospect.

i actually thought barr looked a lot bigger than i remembered, especially through his chest and back. built kind of like kemerer. i think he ends up at 184. really like him as a prospect.

It's the chain wrestling that impressed me. Moving seamlessly from one thing to another.

Re: development. Over on The Mat, someone said he weighed in at 164 before his 171lb MI state championship match against Manny Rojas. Now, that was back at the end of March, but I doubt he's put on 10+ pounds of beef in that amount of time.

If that was true, he's on the Zahid Valencia plan. He looks huge but isn't actually that heavy. Or pretty much the opposite of Mark Hall, who looked like a normal sized 74kg guy when he and Zahid wrestled at WTT a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: js8793
It's the chain wrestling that impressed me. Moving seamlessly from one thing to another.

Re: development. Over on The Mat, someone said he weighed in at 164 before his 171lb MI state championship match against Manny Rojas. Now, that was back at the end of March, but I doubt he's put on 10+ pounds of beef in that amount of time.

If that was true, he's on the Zahid Valencia plan. He looks huge isn't actually that heavy. Or pretty much the opposite of Mark Hall, who looked like a normal sized 74kg guy when he and Zahid wrestled at WTT a couple months ago.
reverse mark hall syndrome maybe?

like his style and leg attacks. think he's a great fit at psu. uses his length to get to legs and is a good finisher.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
People forget high schoolers grow very fast. They suddenly just sprout in the summer sometimes. Not ruling out Barr randomly grew 10 pounds.

He also wrestled 160 last year (against Riggins and Levi)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Noah Mulvaney from Wisconsin. Flo has him 20th in their rankings, Committed to Bucknell. Match scores so far 10-0, 10-0, 13-2, 23-16 and 10-8

The 23-16 against Brody Baumann was wild. Baumann comes to score. He'll do well at Purdue. I think that took a lot out of him. I could see serious fatigue in his blood round loss to 4th Place finisher Lucas Condon. It was also his 4th match is less than 3 hrs. That said, Mulvaney was good.

Also thought that when I watched it live. Welsh already on the Dustin Myers lifting plan.

Also thought that when I watched it live. Welsh already on the Dustin Myers lifting plan.
Haven’t seen the Twitter feed in awhile, but major homoerotic vibe with that Myers dude - a little too many shirtless photos with his young charges

not that there’s anything wrong with that …

Haven’t seen the Twitter feed in awhile, but major homoerotic vibe with that Myers dude - a little too many shirtless photos with his young charges

Agree with this post. He definitely likes himself and has the same tanning package as Tan Tommy. On second thought, Welsh looked tan too.

Let's not forget that it's late July, guys. While I like to dunk on tOSU as much as the next guy, if I step outside without a shirt here in CO for 15 minutes a day, I'll be the color of rich mahogany in a week. The UVI was 11 yesterday before the afternoon storm came in.

Reactions: BrockBronson

Top Gun volleyball comp?

Tom-Cruise-in-Top-Gun-Volleyball-scene.jpg

Kudos to Faith Academy Christian- in Greco their four wrestlers scored 56 points and the whole Team PA scored 32. Just the Faith Academy wrestlers would of been 12th place and higher than 34 full state teams. Just Heard tonight at the local watering hole, two new families just moved in. To say these guys aren’t taking over PA wrestling is crazy. All four transferred in last year and one from another state.

Kudos to Faith Academy Christian- in Greco their four wrestlers scored 56 points and the whole Team PA scored 32. Just the Faith Academy wrestlers would of been 12th place and higher than 34 full state teams. Just Heard tonight at the local watering hole, two new families just moved in. To say these guys aren’t taking over PA wrestling is crazy. All four transferred in last year and one from another state.
First off I appreciate all of your posting on the HS wrestling scene. Lots of great info you provide. I enjoy following PA wrestling and am very much looking forward to the upcoming season. You have brought up FCA and their many new recruits many times for months now, any chance you could post a guess at their line up?

I have heard from multiple people around the D4 area that Denny Harer is trying to set up a CO-OP with Meadowbrook Christian. This will allow them to recruit with the private schools. Kinda shady (Public/Private) but I guess you can't blame a guy for trying.

I have heard from multiple people around the D4 area that Denny Harer is trying to set up a CO-OP with Meadowbrook Christian. This will allow them to recruit with the private schools. Kinda shady (Public/Private) but I guess you can't blame a guy for trying.
He might need that just to field a full lineup.

And given the school sizes, it might not give him more than a full lineup.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Until piaa makes these Catholic/ Christian schools go prep or open public to transfers / recruitment we will have issues and unfair advantages in HS sports. You can twist it / justify it anyway you want for your purposes but thats the fact. Doesn't matter to me, lets just stop throwing BS at it.

This is going through. Meadowbrook is going to be easy access in. Harer is always thinking and knows he has to do something to compete with the privates or even South Columbia & the way the funnel kids in.

scary scenes for pierson manville in his greco quarter last night. up 1 under 10 seconds, other kid had a slip throw and the ref blew the whistle but i guess the other kid didn't hear it and bull rushed him and they conked heads. pierson fell backwards and looked like he was convulsing on the ground. he got up in a couple minutes and they DQ'ed the other kid. hopefully everything's ok and he can finish the tournament today.

Until piaa makes these Catholic/ Christian schools go prep or open public to transfers / recruitment we will have issues and unfair advantages in HS sports. You can twist it / justify it anyway you want for your purposes but thats the fact. Doesn't matter to me, lets just stop throwing BS at it.
Could Catholic schools go prep in one sport and the rest stay PIAA. I think Wyoming Seminary falls under this category. Some of their sports are PIAA and some are prep

First off I appreciate all of your posting on the HS wrestling scene. Lots of great info you provide. I enjoy following PA wrestling and am very much looking forward to the upcoming season. You have brought up FCA and their many new recruits many times for months now, any chance you could post a guess at their line up?
All the privates have recruits coming in. FA just are winning this summer with theirs. Heard NDGP is bringing in Fuzzagatto. Mcort lost a kid back to Illinois and a kid moved in from Florida.
As far as a lineup. I don’t know their team that well but know the Bachman twins are phenomenal and think one will be 113 this year. Waters has been pounding our area 10 kids for years at states. I saw the Peters kid from Selinsgrove wrestling and thought no way someone beats him at states. This waters kids beat him up.
I definitely don’t like privates and will fight against them forever, but if they did wrestling in the PIAA or for PA USA in fargo, it would hurt really bad.

Reactions: James Toney
That's strange as there is a school district between the two bet Milton will have something to say about it

That's strange as there is a school district between the two bet Milton will have something to say about it
Warrior Run is also between them.

Doubt either will care too much. Enrollment would still be below both Milton and WR. And who's going to pay $6500/head tuition to have Harer coach them for a few months, on top of what they're paying for clubs and clinics?

For reference, Meadowbrook Christian had 5 wrestlers on its roster this year. 4 of the 5 are 2023, including Bucknell coach Wirmsberger's son. This is not a threat to the other D4 schools.

It is however a 5 alarm fire to the board's HS recruiting Chicken Littles.

Last edited:
Warrior Run is also between them.

Doubt either will care too much. Enrollment would still be below both Milton and WR. And who's going to pay $6500/head tuition to have Harer coach them for a few months, on top of what they're paying for clubs and clinics?

For reference, Meadowbrook Christian had 5 wrestlers on its roster this year. 4 of the 5 are 2023, including Bucknell coach Wirmsberger's son. This is not a threat to the other D4 schools.

It is however a 5 alarm fire to the board's HS recruiting Chicken Littles.

I think it is a threat. Kids from all over D4 train at Buffalo Valley. Plenty with the resources to pay tuition to build a super team.

I think it is a threat. Kids from all over D4 train at Buffalo Valley. Plenty with the resources to pay tuition to build a super team.
It’s coming. Coach Harer is hated by some and loved by a lot more. PIAA needs to crush these schools. Taking down Mcort was a start but didn’t follow it up. Becca, NDGP, Faith should all be getting hammered.

It is meadowbrook. I'm not sure what they are like now but in the past I'm not even sure they had a hundred kids in the entire school and they weren't really known for their academics per say

It is meadowbrook. I'm not sure what they are like now but in the past I'm not even sure they had a hundred kids in the entire school and they weren't really known for their academics per say
Meadowbrook has 310 kids total, K-12. That averages 24 students per grade, boys + girls combined.

It's been a couple years since I drove past there, but IIRC that's probably close to their building capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT