ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2022

He made his fame through dominating cadet worlds at 99 pounds and looking like Spencer Lee wrestling high school 106 .... that and a big time marketing campaign ran by his dad. I am not a hater at all (seems like a very polite and humble kid by all counts) but it's nice to see him being brought down to Earth a bit at 120 when he no longer has a decided strength advantage.

Now Jax Forrest on the other hand, beating Jesuroga (an absolute unit despite being so small) to make the cadet world team at 120 ... he has my attention big time.
I think Jax is the best of the McCort crew and in my opinion by a good bit. I like Davis alot but if PSU is looking to bring in more lightweights my favorites are Lillendahl and McGowan.

I see Franklin in the finals. I know he’s an Iowa recruit, but I still think good for him given the situation he had last year.

Reactions: WildTurk
Anyone know what happened with Emmanuel Ulrich. He forfeited the first round, then won 8 straight on the backside and will wrestle for 3rd.

Willie has Lauridsen, Davis, Horwath back to back to back (21-23) on his 2023 big board.

If any of you are bored and got time on your hands, take a look at 126 Jr Coleman Nogle. Hes a local MD kid that has people talking here.

He gets Mason Gibson in the Semis so hell probably hang but I cant see him winning.

Damn good tourny from him(going for 3rd) considering the field. He had a very nice win in the QF over a top 20 opponent. Gonna be another tough match against Gorman(top 10 at the weight).

Reactions: dunkej01
Anyone know what happened with Emmanuel Ulrich. He forfeited the first round, then won 8 straight on the backside and will wrestle for 3rd.
Hope this isn’t true but heard he over slept and missed the match. Cmon man

I look forward to seeing his 5:00 a.m. workout video tommorrow morning.... lol
Trust me I am first to not like the privates school but holy crap won’t talk smack on kids. lol

Steel you have a weird hate for this kid. Why do you follow him and then complain about what you see. Quit stocking the kid. Doesn’t he live by you? Go get an autograph already. Lol

I think he just missed his match. Almost happened to my son also. He said the warm up area is far away from the mats and there isn't a bout board down there. Slow cell service because so many people are in the arena so difficult to load the brackets on your phone. HWTs got there at 8am but most didn't wrestle there 1st match until 1pm.

Trust me I am first to not like the privates school but holy crap won’t talk smack on kids. lol

Steel you have a weird hate for this kid. Why do you follow him and then complain about what you see. Quit stocking the kid. Doesn’t he live by you? Go get an autograph already. Lol
Oh hush.. You suggest he take a vacation and I make a crack that he never seems to take a day off and that's hating? Lol. If anyone here has a weird and creepy obsession it's you and your hate for private schools and athletes competing against public schools. Why do you follow pa wrestling but complain about what you see? BTW, I don't follow Bo on Twitter...rarely on it to be honest. ..However, I have defended McCort and their athletes including Bo and feel they should be competing for state titles...unlike you....a hater.

Last edited:
Dont have a dog innthis fight but do have my own opinion in that if the catholic schools are good to compete in piaa (and recruit from anywhere), might as well let schools like wyoming sem do same

Dont have a dog innthis fight but do have my own opinion in that if the catholic schools are good to compete in piaa (and recruit from anywhere), might as well let schools like wyoming sem do same
I've always felt individual states should be open to all kids if they are a resident of pa. Team championship determined by duals and have 3 classes, AAA, AA and Privates/Parochial ( and publics deemed to have recruited kids) Just think it's unfair to kids like Bassett, born and raised in Johnstown PA but can't compete for state title.

Last edited:
I've always felt individual states should be open to all kids if they are a resident of pa. Team championship determined by duals and have 3 classes, AAA, AA and Privates/Parochial ( and publics deemed to have recruited kids) Just think it's unfair to kids like Bassett, born and raised in Johnstown PA but can't compete for state title.
Agreed. And for individual sports, get rid of the classifications. In track, you see kids medal with times, heights and distances that would barely qualify for districts in the bigger school classification.

Agreed. And for individual sports, get rid of the classifications. In track, you see kids medal with times, heights and distances that would barely qualify for districts in the bigger school classification.
I'm actually in agreement but didn't want to open up acan of worms with one class individuals championships. I get people like tradition, I'm usually in that camp myself but these kids go all over the country seeing competition so why even have classes. There are AA kids nationally ranked seeing better completion than alot of kids in AAA. Take Bo Bassett, had McCort been cleared, they'd be a AA school.

Reactions: mcpat
If they would open it up then piaa has to have hands off with transfers in public schools
With my idea the individual tourney open to every pa athlete. Now for the team championship, I'd have to think about it but top of my head I like the idea that if a kid that has not competed at the hs level (9-12) and transfers to another school, everything is good and no penalty. But if a kid transfers to a school after already having competed elsewhere in h.s., the school must then compete with the privates/Parochials at team championships. I may allow 1 but anymore than 1 and team moves to other class.. That one is total, not yearly in that I mean if a junior transfers in one year then another the next year, that's 2 so they move to AAAA*.

* I'd call that class AAAA instead of Privates/Parochial,publics with transfers.

Sorry to hijack thread. Will stop discussing now.

Davis teched in his final match 12-2 by Alan Koehler. Will definitely need to rewatch some of his matches this weekend but solid weekend overall.

Reactions: mcpat
Jesuroga is the class of 120 (with Forrest obviously who is a phenom) Never seen a kid so technically and positionally sound at his age. His handfight is college level.

Mason Gibson wins on a last second takedown where there was a legit question of whether he had control. Hard not to think of RBY when you see him wrestle.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
ADVERTISEMENT