ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2022

Raney drops another and gets herring for 5th.

Herring lost to bassett 5-2.

Reactions: danoftw
Bassett's strength advantage has not carried over as he's moved up in weight. when he cant snap guys down at will and run behind over and over, he's not that dynamic. still great obviously, but really needs to develop more varied offense.
He's been using that fireman's carry dump in the few matches that I've seen but yeah, he's mostly looking to snap down and go behind and opponents are aware that's his bread and butter.

Bassett's strength advantage has not carried over as he's moved up in weight. when he cant snap guys down at will and run behind over and over, he's not that dynamic. still great obviously, but really needs to develop more varied offense.
I think these losses are very good for him (cliche but true) because he learns the lesson you stated above. He still very much looks like a kid (doesn't look like he's super physically developed)

Reactions: dunkej01
The only person who can win matches on snap down, go behinds alone is Gable Steveson probably. And obviously Gable has a huge variety of leg attacks he can go to whenever.

I think these losses are very good for him (cliche but true) because he learns the lesson you stated above. He still very much looks like a kid (doesn't look like he's super physically developed)
I agree. Bassett’s body doesn’t look developed. When he does he might be dangerous. So much hate on the kid. Honestly disappointed in wrestling fans and people. When he lost I said to myself, let’s see how this kid responds. He may have never been on the back side. Then out places the KY kid. Winning is easy, battling back is not.

Other highlights from catching up today. Rocco Welsh, Vince Bouzakis, and Rath are very tough.
Gibson looks like he is getting that pop back and destroyed his last kid.
kilkreay.
PA Cadets looks to have 16 placing in the top 6. They should have a chance to win.
Would like to see the Pa Juniors bring all the hammers one time. Could you imagine them taking Rune, Pitzer, Haines, Arrington, Gibson, McKay, Etc.
Shut the Iowa clowns up

Reactions: Tjsch1
I agree. Bassett’s body doesn’t look developed. When he does he might be dangerous. So much hate on the kid. Honestly disappointed in wrestling fans and people. When he lost I said to myself, let’s see how this kid responds. He may have never been on the back side. Then out places the KY kid. Winning is easy, battling back is not.
Haven't seen much hate myself. Did see alot of posts that he took a loss and people giving reasons why they thought he may not be the second coming everyone was making him out to be. Gonna always have nitwits out there but you expect to see it more when it comes to Bo, if for no other reason than the self promotion he a/o his dad plasters all over social media.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_Smith
Our guy Davis gets Horwath in Semis. Will be interested to see how that one plays out. PSU was a finalist for Horwath before choosing Michigan.

If winning were easy, more guys would do it.

I agree in general. But his social media persona and the mccourt stuff creates haters. Haters lurk and lurk. Then come out of the wood work. They chose that route so they have to accept the blow back when it comes.

If he was just a stud wrestler I don't think you see the hate.

Agreed with most of this, though from that video I thought Raney could stand to get stronger -- specifically the 2 doubles he didn't convert. Not a criticism of Raney, just a measure of his physical maturity.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
If any of you are bored and got time on your hands, take a look at 126 Jr Coleman Nogle. Hes a local MD kid that has people talking here.

He gets Mason Gibson in the Semis so hell probably hang but I cant see him winning.

Reactions: jrod65
What does VFO mean?

2DSQ - Double Disqualification
DSQ - Disqualification
VCA - Victory by 3 Cautions
VFA - Victory by Fall
VFO - Victory by Forfeit
VIN - Victory by Injury
VPO1 - Victory by Points – with point(s) scored by the opponent
VPO - Victory by Points - without any point scored by the opponent
VSU1 - Victory by Technical Superiority - with point(s) scored by the opponent
VSU - Victory by Technical Superiority - without points scored by the opponent

Bassett just dropped another match 6-4

takes 4th at fargo.

I hope the kid gets a vacation from the mat for a few weeks to collect his thoughts and see that his style needs to go to the next level as he grows.

So far from the U16s I've seen, Ladarion Lockett (OK) looks the most polished. Freshman state champ from Oklahoma, none of his matches were close.

PA's Bekhruz Sadriddinov just won a stop sign and looks and wrestles a lot like the Valencia brothers.

Reactions: danoftw
Been waiting for Bek to break out, he's been very close. Has had some very good wins in the past, but couldn't quite get over the hump.

Just when I take him off the recruiting list (since he hadn't got a state medal yet, I didn't want to call attention to him on the list as in "what's he doing on there?"...he goes and gets a stop sign!!!!

Bek and his brother have wrestled for the HS offseason dual team that I organize since he was going into 7th grade. The first summer he wrestled for me, I was giving him and his older brother a ride to the Howell duals when I asked them both how they were doing in school and where they wanted to go to college. Bek's reply was "I want to go to Penn State and wrestle, Mr. B!"

I'm super happy right now, but not nearly as happy as the CR South coaches and his dad, Savi!

So far from the U16s I've seen, Ladarion Lockett (OK) looks the most polished. Freshman state champ from Oklahoma, none of his matches were close.

PA's Bekhruz Sadriddinov just won a stop sign and looks and wrestles a lot like the Valencia brothers.
Aeoden Sinclair 182 from Wisconsin gave up 1 point total and that was in the Finals. TF everyone. Also, PJ Duke at 138 from New York tech’ed his way to the final with no points allowed. Beat Vince Bouzakis 4-1

I love the kid!!

HaS aNyOnE goNe FrOm FaRgO aA (bUt NoN-cHaMp) In 8tH gRaDe To Be A dEcEnT wReStLeR?

The only person who can win matches on snap down, go behinds alone is Gable Steveson probably. And obviously Gable has a huge variety of leg attacks he can go to whenever.
if you haven't watched any of gilman in high school, it's fun. he was almost 100% snap down front headlock. had the strength to snap guys at will like bassett wants to. but even that had diminishing returns. he took some lumps his true freshman year, was much improved, but didn't score much as a redshirt freshman which is why he ultimately lost the spot to clark, and then was a leg attack machine by his third year. that's when he really jumped to an elite level.

Been waiting for Bek to break out, he's been very close. Has had some very good wins in the past, but couldn't quite get over the hump.

Just when I take him off the recruiting list (since he hadn't got a state medal yet, I didn't want to call attention to him on the list as in "what's he doing on there?"...he goes and gets a stop sign!!!!

Bek and his brother have wrestled for the HS offseason dual team that I organize since he was going into 7th grade. The first summer he wrestled for me, I was giving him and his older brother a ride to the Howell duals when I asked them both how they were doing in school and where they wanted to go to college. Bek's reply was "I want to go to Penn State and wrestle, Mr. B!"

I'm super happy right now, but not nearly as happy as the CR South coaches and his dad, Savi!
That's great, I'm happy that someone on the Board knows him (I searched his name here and there aren't many mentions), but especially that it's someone who knows him really well. Congrats Dice.

if you haven't watched any of gilman in high school, it's fun. he was almost 100% snap down front headlock. had the strength to snap guys at will like bassett wants to. but even that had diminishing returns. he took some lumps his true freshman year, was much improved, but didn't score much as a redshirt freshman which is why he ultimately lost the spot to clark, and then was a leg attack machine by his third year. that's when he really jumped to an elite level.

lots of kids have very good snap they just cant seem to get the go behind after!

Horwath beats Davis 10-2. I think Davis might be wrestling up (think he was 113 during season)
He looks small to me but I have bad eyes. Willie has had him ranked 120 so there's that. I don't know, maybe Davis will be a 125. I thought he'd be at least a 133 but doesn't look to be growing.. but again....I have bad eyes. Lol

He looks small to me but I have bad eyes. Willie has had him ranked 120 so there's that. I don't know, maybe Davis will be a 125. I thought he'd be at least a 133 but doesn't look to be growing.. but again....I have bad eyes. Lol
I thought Davis was way more likely to be 125 than McGowan. Still do. He’s just a tiny kid.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
I don’t think Bassett is screwed or anything but the 8th grade stuff is misleading. He’s as old as a lot of HS sophomores.
He made his fame through dominating cadet worlds at 99 pounds and looking like Spencer Lee wrestling high school 106 .... that and a big time marketing campaign ran by his dad. I am not a hater at all (seems like a very polite and humble kid by all counts) but it's nice to see him being brought down to Earth a bit at 120 when he no longer has a decided strength advantage.

Now Jax Forrest on the other hand, beating Jesuroga (an absolute unit despite being so small) to make the cadet world team at 120 ... he has my attention big time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT