ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo 2022

FULL COURT PRESS !!!!

PS, eagerly awaiting @82bordeaux twins gif.
giphy.gif

11 out of the 18 quarterfinalists from PA public schools. 13 out of 21 left alive from publics as well. The predicted demise of PA public school wrestling is temporarily on hold.
McCort ain't public. Not in any sense of the true definition.

Maybe but it was a very close match before the pin. Something like 4-5 lead changes.

EDIT: 6 lead changes on rewatch
Just got a chance to watch this match. It was a very good match and they both battled. The Raney brothers are and have been on the PSU radar for some time. Bo Nickals dad trains them. They have been around the PsU wrestlers a lot. Bo and Raney both have great skills & would enjoy a rematch soon.
The little Raney is an animal too.

PA kids in the quarters:

88 - Alex Diaz - CR North
94 - Kole Davidheiser - FCA
100 - Dom Deputy - Chestnut Ridge
100 - Keanu Dillard - BECA
106 - Aaron Seidel - N. Lebanon (has the little Raney in quarters)
120 - Sam Herring - McCort
120 - Gauge Botero - FCA
132 - Maddox Shaw - Thomas Jefferson
138 - Vince Bouzakis - Sem
145 - Colin Gaj - Quakertown
145 - Cam Millheim - Warrior Run
145 - Kollin Rath - BECA
152 - Carter Davis - Central York
160 - Bek Sadriddinov - CR South
182 - Artem Skyba - George Washington
182 - Caleb Marzolino - Abington Heights
182 - Adam Waters - FCA
220 - Ean Winchester - Twin Valley

Herring and Waters are the only incoming frosh on that list above 100.
Dice man thank you for this coverage. Are you there?
The public schools are holding their own. FCA looks to be dominating. Could you imagine if there guys have three in the Fargo quarters how bad they are going to beat up AA competition. Saucon Valley will have a new private to deal with real soon. McCruit is all bark and no bite (one in the quarters)

I’m definitely no wrestling recruiting expert, but if there’s a better kid in the class of 23 than Barr, I’d like to see them. Every time you see him wrestle he seems like he’s improved, yet you look at him and you see so much growth ahead of him. Physically and technically.

I’m definitely no wrestling recruiting expert, but if there’s a better kid in the class of 23 than Barr, I’d like to see them. Every time you see him wrestle he seems like he’s improved, yet you look at him and you see so much growth ahead of him. Physically and technically.
Brayden Thompson just beat him but I think Barr's ceiling is obviously much higher.

Just got a chance to watch this match. It was a very good match and they both battled. The Raney brothers are and have been on the PSU radar for some time. Bo Nickals dad trains them. They have been around the PsU wrestlers a lot. Bo and Raney both have great skills & would enjoy a rematch soon.
The little Raney is an animal too.
A lot of radars in use during the arms race. The Hawks apparently have him on their radar too.

No time to make a call to AB but are in on an 8th grader from KY.

Reactions: danoftw
Dice man thank you for this coverage. Are you there?
The public schools are holding their own. FCA looks to be dominating. Could you imagine if there guys have three in the Fargo quarters how bad they are going to beat up AA competition. Saucon Valley will have a new private to deal with real soon. McCruit is all bark and no bite (one in the quarters)
No I am not there.

They will have their hands full this year with the top AA teams. Davidheiser is good but not sure if he will make the lineup at 94lbs. Botero is their best wrestler followed by Stein, Sugalski and Hontz. I had heard one of those kids was possibly leaving - not an issue with the team, but an actual relocation - but who knows. . Lots of new faces this year but those kids will have a transition to the next level. 16U isn't JRs - look at that quarters list above and you see plenty of kids still looking for their first state medal. Maybe Waters, maybe Weidemoyer, will be the most ready to join that top group as a freshman unless I'm missing some guys that are heading there.

FCA is coming but I'd be very surprised if it was next year. Probably the year after. BECA would hand them their butts this year.

The 2 matches I’m most excited for (if they happen of course) are Josh Barr vs Rocco Welsh at Jr. 170 and at Jr. 120 Braeden Davis vs Nate Jesuroga. The Barr vs Welsh match I’m fairly confident of happening. It would have to be in the finals but I don’t see anyone beating these 2 on the way to a massive showdown. I’m sure I’m biased but I see Barr winning a 1 or 2 point match. It’s definitely the match I want to see the most. Davis vs Jesuroga would be in the finals as well but they both have quite a few tough matches to navigate before they get there. Davis will see Caden Horwath who beat him twice this past season in 2 close folkstyle matches. Those were the only losses Davis took during the year. In Fargo last year Davis was the champion however while Horwath placed 8th I believe. On the bottom side, Jesuroga will probably see Kyle Lauridsen and then either Alan Koehler or Vinny Kilkeary. Tough matchups but I definitely see Jesuroga coming through to the finals. Davis has the tougher time seeing how he has recently lost twice to Horwath but in freestyle I see him winning and getting to the finals to wrestle Jesuroga. Should be a really fun match that I’m sure we will see a bunch of in the coming years with Davis a PSU commit and Jesuroga an Iowa commit. I’m also super interested in Cadet 120. Even with Bassett getting beat this weight is absolutely stacked. The quarterfinal matchups are J Raney vs Cooper Hilton, Jackson Blum vs Marcus Blaze, Sam Herring vs Drew Orine, and Gauge Botero vs Anthony Knox! Everyone one of those kids is an absolute hammer and could win the weight. If I had to put $ on a winner I would put it on Knox but I wouldn’t feel good about it. He beat Herring in the finals last year but Herring seems to have jumped another level. Blaze is an Ohio state champion who is very highly ranked while Blum is a Michigan champion I believe. Every one of these matches is going to be fire!

It's hard enough to follow and not miss matches, but it's really tough when they have Cadets and Juniors going at the same time, as they will shortly.

Jeez. Raney is something else. Just teched Cooper Hilton in a match that was pretty tough for a long period. His first TD was RBYesque.

@dunkej01 Iowa's resident clown stated that Iowa was in on him already. You should know better.

Doesn't matter anyway. Raney is 120 going into freshman year. Almost grown out of Iowa recruiting range already. No chance.

OMG, just watched both the Raney brothers from Kentucky wrestle. Both VERY good and both very fun to watch! Full court Press! In a couple years.

Saw them for the first time back in December in a tough Regional Holiday Tournament in Evansville, Indiana (at the HS of the Lee brothers). Both won their weight classes, a couple of 8th graders fairly easily handling solid competition from IN, including a couple of State Placers. Didn't take long to be impressed!

He loses, herring dominated by Knox and bassett only advances on criteria 2-2 .....

Tough ass weight class ....geez....what a bracket
Everyone is talking about Jordyn Raney because he beat Bassett but it’s his brother that made the finals! Tough kids. Real coming out party for them. And yes, that 120 bracket is the toughest in the whole tournament. Studs everywhere

Jake Conroy ………. Lost in Round of 16 - (18-8) to Finalist Dresahun Ross - Iowa …. Wrestled back and is in consy-semis tomorrow Vs Mason Ellis from Alabama.

Jake Conroy ………. Lost in Round of 16 - (18-8) to Finalist Dresahun Ross - Iowa …. Wrestled back and is in consy-semis tomorrow Vs Mason Ellis from Alabama.

I was more looking for info about him as a wrestler. HS accomplishments, style, etc. Mason Ellis is like a 2nd or 3rd cousin by marriage. Never met him, but don't see a lot of guys from AL deep into these tournaments. Both lost to Dreshaun Ross.

Reactions: hlstone
I'm not Bordeaux but was wondering the same thing. But after an initial first glance, I don't think so.

But what do I know, I was at the food tables, bar, and watching the Iowa contingency go AWOL and on occasion watching a dynasty continue.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Geez just looked at 120 again. Orine was ranked #4 in the country and DNP. Cooper Hilton was a prep national champion from Sem and DNP. Eren Sement was a AAA State Third and DNP. Billy Townsen from California people say is the real deal and went 2-2. I think you look back on this bracket years from now and it could be a special one.

Then you see Gibson and Kilkreary in wars in the round of 128 and 64. Fargo and the USA is so deep.
Kollin Rath and Keanu Dillard from Becca both in the finals. They are still proving to the other privates they are king. Relax Fca and Mcort, we are still king of PA privates.
Rocco Welsh vs Josh Barr is going to be worth the price of FLO for the month. I think Barr is too much but Welsh is a man child too. Tan Tommy will be buying him an all you can tan package soon.

Reactions: fronk71
ADVERTISEMENT