ADVERTISEMENT

Fake News???

Lion-around

Sep 26, 2012
Just read an article that the NCAA is threatening to sanction Iowa basketball, football AND wrestling for violations. Any truth to this?

Where pray tell is said article? Otherwise unsubstantiated rumors are not cool.

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/...-for-recruiting-violations-in-multiple-sports

Some pretty obvious satire aimed at Iowa coaches recruiting their kids:

"WRNL learned that the player also violated several rules, including staying out after the street lights came on, putting his elbows on the table, and not wearing his coat when it was cold outside"

"showing McCaffrey not only stayed overnight at the recruits place of residence (a method popularized later by Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh), but also engaged in repeated sexual intercourse with the recruit’s mother."

"wrestling coach Tom Brands has been following the lead of McCaffery and Ferentz, providing housing, clothing, food, money, and unwanted dating advice to a prized recruit for more than a decade. One sticky-note indicated that the recruit needed to stop leaving the toilet seat up after he was finished, a violation which was never reported to the NCAA. Receipts from IKEA indicated that Brands went so far as purchasing a FÖLJA baby crib for the recruit when he was still an infant."

Reactions: slicone
https://www.widerightnattylite.com/...-for-recruiting-violations-in-multiple-sports

Some pretty obvious satire aimed at Iowa coaches recruiting their kids:

"WRNL learned that the player also violated several rules, including staying out after the street lights came on, putting his elbows on the table, and not wearing his coat when it was cold outside"

"showing McCaffrey not only stayed overnight at the recruits place of residence (a method popularized later by Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh), but also engaged in repeated sexual intercourse with the recruit’s mother."

"wrestling coach Tom Brands has been following the lead of McCaffery and Ferentz, providing housing, clothing, food, money, and unwanted dating advice to a prized recruit for more than a decade. One sticky-note indicated that the recruit needed to stop leaving the toilet seat up after he was finished, a violation which was never reported to the NCAA. Receipts from IKEA indicated that Brands went so far as purchasing a FÖLJA baby crib for the recruit when he was still an infant."
Oy vey.

That follows the recruiting article a week or so back that had a big hawk recruit coming to PSU.....

somebody out there is creative and using their time on the internet wisely!

Look, it gave us the image of Tom Brands trying to patiently read and assemble from Ikea furniture instructions, and that's well worth the brief Poe's Law-ing
I'm ok with some good trolling, but does it have to be one of our own? Assuming lion-around is one of our own.

When I first started reading this thread I was thinking to myself, "damn, vodka turned in the Hawks for paying too much for summer clinics."

ADVERTISEMENT