Facts Conclusively Showing That the Portland Insurrection that continued for months, was far, worse than the Jan. 6 riot.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
From P. 503 of Bill Barr's book, One Damn Thing After Another:

"Every night for months [compare to 4 hour riot on 1/6] hundreds of rioters laid siege to the federal courthouse.... The rioters arrived equipped for a fight, armed with powerful slingshots, lasers, sledgehammers, saws, knives, rifles and explosive devices.... During their assaults, rioters would barricade the front door so that deputies couldn't get out and then use crowbars to pry plywood off the windows and throw flammable liquids and commercial-grade fireworks into the building. The rioters would also start fires up against the building and then attack federal officers who attempted to put them out--by pelting them with rocks, frozen water bottles, cans of food, and balloons filled with urine and fecal matter, and physically assaulting them with hand weapons, like hammers and two-by-fours.

The major news outlets -- virtually ignored the whole sordid mess."

One reporter did venture inside with the officers. (p 506) Among other things "high powered lasers bounced across the lobby all night. The fear is palpable. Three officers were struck in the last few weeks & still haven't regained their vision."

Months of assaults with dangerous weapons, months of arson and exposure to infectious diseases and none of the insurrectionists jailed without bond. Disgusting that the Left tolerates this and compares 4 hours of rioting where not a shot was fired to 9/11.

Last edited:

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

"Every night for months [compare to 4 hour riot on 1/6] hundreds of rioters laid siege to the federal courthouse.... The rioters arrived equipped for a fight, armed with powerful slingshots, lasers, sledgehammers, saws, knives, rifles and explosive devices.... During their assaults, rioters would barricade the front door so that deputies couldn't get out and then use crowbars to pry plywood off the windows and throw flammable liquids and commercial-grade fireworks into the building. The rioters would also start fires up against the building and then attack federal officers who attempted to put them out--by pelting them with rocks, frozen water bottles, cans of food, and balloons filled with urine and fecal matter, and physically assaulting them with hand weapons, like hammers and two-by-fours.

One reporter did venture inside with the officers. (p 506) Among other things "high powered lasers bounced across the lobby all night. The fear is palpable. Three officers were struck in the last few weeks & still haven't regained their vision."

Months of assaults with dangerous weapons, months of arson and exposure to infectious diseases and none of the insurrections jailed without bond. Disgusting that the Left tolerates this and compares 4 hours of rioting where not a shot was fired to 9/11.
There is a HUGE difference between those two events. In the case of Portland, all the rioters were leftists. They are excused.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
more what aboutism, multiple wrongs don't make a right. All involved in illegal activities should be prosecuted.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
more what aboutism, multiple wrongs don't make a right. All involved in illegal activities should be prosecuted.
that is the point...they were not. Several people who simply entered the capital on 1-6 are still in prison awaiting trial. Some have been arrested without entering the capital building. Yet BLM protesters as well as pussy-hat/Kavanaugh protesters did the same and haven't even been arrested.

Equal justice under the law should be the only standard regardless.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
No, The lefty media has propagated the lie that January 6th was unprecedented in American history and that seven people died during the 4-hour riot which is factually wrong. Most of the January 6th rioters are being are being grossly overcharged while the lefty insurrectionists in Portland are being mostly ignored. Congress is abusing its authority to investigate by engaging in a subpoena jihad for what was a moderate riot. The lefty, neo communist abuse of power has to stop.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Where is the outrage in Congress from the Dems about the vicious assaults on the courthouse and the people who are defending it? Where is the massive FBI and intelligence agency surveillance of the any sliver of information dealing with the Portland insurrectionists?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
I mean no kidding, right, Buck? Those Antifa assholes took down a frickin' STARBUCKS! How DARE they!

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Unless you retaliate, you continue to get the bad behavior.

We should prosecute our political enemies in retaliation for what's been done to too many January 6th protesters.

No trespasser should be held in solitary confinement while awaiting trial for months.

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Months of assaults with dangerous weapons, months of arson and exposure to infectious diseases and none of the insurrections jailed without bond. Disgusting that the Left tolerates this and compares 4 hours of rioting where not a shot was fired to 9/11.
That wasn't an insurrection. It was a peaceful protest and reparations.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Making light of your Democratic friends throwing excrement on police officers and trying to blind them. A post you can really be proud of.
He's beyond trash. I lost all respect for most of the left here over a few years. None seem to have a memory or any decent set of standards.

Reactions: Hotshoe

mijowe

Aug 6, 2021
I can't believe the Trump Administration let either of them happen, what a show of weakness, the guy garnered no respect. All I know is there have been no insurrections under Biden.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
A Federal Courthouse and the US Capital, Don was sleeping at the wheel.
Yeah, that's why he sent troops to the courthouse. You expect a president to keep troops at all federal courthouses? Do better, your logic is that of a child. The president isn't responsible for DC. Might want to do some homework next time you post political msnbc nonsense.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Sedition and insurrection are rarely charged, especially not insurrection. The differences between the two charges don’t appear to be too great but the difference is irrelevant for us idiots at home. The DC narrative would be that 1/6 rioters were trying to overthrow our government with bear spray and crow bars, hence insurrection.

Basically, using force to take government property or to prevent government action is the starting point. In my opinion, laying siege to a federal building for months qualifies even if they eventually fail to burn the building down. Troops were needed to guard it. I would guess everything from social security to FBI to federal courts were in that building.

I was stunned when Merrick Garland testified during his appointment process that Portland was not sedition or insurrection. He said it was obviously a serious matter involving trespass but it occurred at night. Stunning. There was no follow up that I ever heard. Absurd.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Making light of your Democratic friends throwing excrement on police officers and trying to blind them. A post you can really be proud of.
Wrong. What I am making light of is your mindless posts, in particular your post comparing an Antifa protest (ANY Antifa protest) to the Trump Insurrection. ("It was FAR worse, I tells 'ya!")

gjbankos

Jan 16, 2006
That's the problem - they won't be prosecuted under this administration. Hell, this administration was busy posting bail.

Reactions: dailybuck777

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
That's the problem - they won't be prosecuted under this administration. Hell, this administration was busy posting bail.
Where have YOU been? Transient ischemic attack? Recurrence (God forbid)? Stents implanted? Hemorrhoids banded?

Your posts have been missed. They're THAT entertaining. :cool:

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Sedition and insurrection are rarely charged, especially not insurrection. The differences between the two charges don’t appear to be too great but the difference is irrelevant for us idiots at home. The DC narrative would be that 1/6 rioters were trying to overthrow our government with bear spray and crow bars, hence insurrection.

Basically, using force to take government property or to prevent government action is the starting point. In my opinion, laying siege to a federal building for months qualifies even if they eventually fail to burn the building down. Troops were needed to guard it. I would guess everything from social security to FBI to federal courts were in that building.

I was stunned when Merrick Garland testified during his appointment process that Portland was not sedition or insurrection. He said it was obviously a serious matter involving trespass but it occurred at night. Stunning. There was no follow up that I ever heard. Absurd.
He's a political hack.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Wrong. What I am making light of is your mindless posts, in particular your post comparing an Antifa protest (ANY Antifa protest) to the Trump Insurrection. ("It was FAR worse, I tells 'ya!")
4 hours of rioting where no weapons were used and there was no arson compared to several months of arson and attempts to blind police officers. No comparison at all that the Portland insurrection was much worse than the January 6th riot