ADVERTISEMENT

Excited for the Villanova game tonight. Would love to see them ge #1 seed

PennsylvaniaPride

Jan 4, 2002
in the East. Excited for Philly Basketball.

Still unsure of how the old Big East falling apart will impact Nova. Hopefully Jay Wright will still be able to track some elite talent there. Definitely miss playing UCONN, Louisville, Cuse, Pitt, etc etc.

Was hoping to see a Georgetown-Villanova final. +1 your sentiments, tho. **

Originally posted by PennsylvaniaPride:
in the East. Excited for Philly Basketball.

Still unsure of how the old Big East falling apart will impact Nova. Hopefully Jay Wright will still be able to track some elite talent there. Definitely miss playing UCONN, Louisville, Cuse, Pitt, etc etc.

They had that bracketology guy on last night (Lunardi?) who said that after taking the games of the day into account- Kentucky was at the top. Duke was the second #1 seed who will stay in the East bracket and Villanova the third #1 seed who he thought would be in the South regional now. If true that likely puts Nova in pittsburgh then Houston (assuming they win) while Duke is in Charlotte then Syracuse.

ACC is so much deeper than the Big East, that doesn't help VU.

Originally posted by psu00:
They had that bracketology guy on last night (Lunardi?) who said that after taking the games of the day into account- Kentucky was at the top. Duke was the second #1 seed who will stay in the East bracket and Villanova the third #1 seed who he thought would be in the South regional now. If true that likely puts Nova in pittsburgh then Houston (assuming they win) while Duke is in Charlotte then Syracuse.
The second-place BE team was Georgetown, which would be maybe a top-six or top-seven ACC team this year, from what I've seen. GU never seems to put together a solid 40 minutes and never seems to play two good games in a row. Second-round exit team, most likely. ACC has four good Sweet 16 level teams.

Re: ACC is so much deeper than the Big East, that doesn't help VU.

Yeah, I'm just passing along what he thought. I'm no fan of Georgetown and would be just fine in an opening game upset loss for them. ;).

I guess the issue was Duke's loss last night in the semis while Nova is playing for the big east title tonight (according to the talking heads last night the big 12 was rated as the best overall conference with the big east second. I don't follow those stats that closely but that's what they said).

The second round sites are Syracuse (east), Cleveland (Midwest), Houston (south), and Los Angeles (west). I assume Kentucky gets Cleveland since it's relatively close for them. Unless by some miracle Arizona gets a #1 seed it looks like the fourth place 1 seed is being sent across country to LA (?UvA) and that apparently leaves Duke and Villanova to battle position to see who goes to Houston and who gets Syracuse.

It's a reflex on the part of the system.

Originally posted by psu00:
Yeah, I'm just passing along what he thought. I'm no fan of Georgetown and would be just fine in an opening game upset loss for them. ;).

I guess the issue was Duke's loss last night in the semis while Nova is playing for the big east title tonight (according to the talking heads last night the big 12 was rated as the best overall conference with the big east second. I don't follow those stats that closely but that's what they said).

The second round sites are Syracuse (east), Cleveland (Midwest), Houston (south), and Los Angeles (west). I assume Kentucky gets Cleveland since it's relatively close for them. Unless by some miracle Arizona gets a #1 seed it looks like the fourth place 1 seed is being sent across country to LA (?UvA) and that apparently leaves Duke and Villanova to battle position to see who goes to Houston and who gets Syracuse.
I agree with you, Duke loses and seemingly doesn't get downgraded; Notre Dame is a good team but my immediate reaction to the info in your original post was pretty much identical to yours, WTF? In the end, the NCAA tournament is big, big business and giving Duke and UNC the seedings which would, for all intents and purposes, give them home-court advantage and guarantee sellouts is a proven business model. It's been this way for years, it's not going to change. Money talks, and talks loudly.

This post was edited on 3/14 11:55 AM by LionJim

Will also be rooting for Fran Dunphy and Temple, however

it's ridiculous to play your conference final at 3:15 on Sunday. By that time no one cares, just get to the selection show. Plus I can't see how much reshuffling the committee can do for the winner at 5:30, a half hour before the brackets are released. Play your final on Saturday.

Re: Will also be rooting for Fran Dunphy and Temple, however

I'll be rooting for Temple as well. Grew up a Philly Big 5 fan. However, I didn't get a degree from any of the schools, so I don't view any of them as a heated rival. Enjoy seeing them all be successful.

Originally posted by Relayer:
it's ridiculous to play your conference final at 3:15 on Sunday. By that time no one cares, just get to the selection show. Plus I can't see how much reshuffling the committee can do for the winner at 5:30, a half hour before the brackets are released. Play your final on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT