ADVERTISEMENT

Evil James Franklin tweets Roast of the Week to Beasley Reece

DHhfauFXgAA73qS.jpg

Reality check!
Beasley made a good point at that moment in time.
What he didn't count on was the Mauro zordich factor or the depth of support from the fan base.
BOB keeping Hack as a recruit and the unexpected success on the field blunted the recruiting problems.
Franklin was able to leverage this unexpected success and recruit people no one thought we could sign.
As Penn Staters we owe a big debt of 8gratitude to these people

Reactions: Cosmos
Reality check!
What he didn't count on was the Mauro zordich factor or the depth of support from the fan base.
BOB keeping Hack as a recruit and the unexpected success on the field blunted the recruiting problems.
Franklin was able to leverage this unexpected success and recruit people no one thought we could sign.

Yep. I would also add, what is Franklin doing answering a 5-year old (tweet or person).

Reactions: TheGLOV
I think Beasley was recently cut by KYW. They have some husky sounding blonde doing sports now.
Nonetheless still a good come back.

Recently was two years ago. To the Beezer it, no doubt, feels like yesterday.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yeah, it has been two years. I ran into Beasely at a party after he was let go, and he seemed fine - maybe that was what I was thinking of in terms of "recently".

Must have been a really good party.

Must have been a really good party.

It was actually. More of a barbecue. Lady friend at the time invited me, and she knows a number of people. Gary Cobb was there as was as was Jeremiah Trotter, who used to play for the Eagles. Beasley played a little piano and he is pretty good. Had a good time.

Interesting thing with some of these media types (based on my experience)....it's rarely about being correct, it's mostly about being first with a thought, story, comment. I did not approach Beasley with the issues of Joe and the Sandusky scandal, because I was a little burnt out by the whole thing at the time. And besides, we were at a party.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Wow. Umm, Evil James Franklin isn't really James Franklin (at least I'm pretty sure). It's a parody account, and a very funny one.

Yea, pretty hard to believe that an ardent "PSU fan" with almost 10,000 posts and been on this board for years and years couldn't figure that out........eeerrrrrrr, maybe it has something to do with the fact that he only has 318 "likes" out of almost 10,000 posts over a 16 year tenure on this board? Oh maybe it has more to do with the fact that "real PSU fans" dislike his posts just as much now as when he first started posting on this board as a supposed avid "PSU fan" that never has anything good to say about Franklin, PSU, etc..... Amusing how that works, no?

Reactions: MtNittany
Reality check!

Those are good people, to be sure.

But I don't think we should take any of Franklin's accomplishments and diffuse the credit. He gets all the credit. Period.

If he were losing, he would get all the blame.....as it should be.

ADVERTISEMENT