ADVERTISEMENT

Even though at 85 scholarships we still aren't at "100%."

NedFromYork

Aug 29, 2001
It will take a recruiting class or two. Franklin's first couple we're good but not as good as this one and subsequent because still shaking off the sanctions stink and having prove himself at Penn State. We don't yet have an absolute stood at every position like we will in two years. Just scratching this surface right now.

Random thoughts. Looks like Alabama and Clemson again for the third straight year, above everybody else imo. Georgia looks very good. TCU pretty darn good. Need to rethink Notre Dame, probably a pretty good team. If ND and USC played now, I'd take ND.

What happened to Maryland yesterday!?!

It will take a recruiting class or two. Franklin's first couple we're good but not as good as this one and subsequent because still shaking off the sanctions stink and having prove himself at Penn State. We don't yet have an absolute stood at every position like we will in two years. Just scratching this surface right now.

Random thoughts. Looks like Alabama and Clemson again for the third straight year, above everybody else imo. Georgia looks very good. TCU pretty darn good. Need to rethink Notre Dame, probably a pretty good team. If ND and USC played now, I'd take ND.

I agree that we are still rising as a program and that the overall talent level will increase over the next few years, I disagree that it's Bama and Clemson this year. We can play with and beat anyone right now due to our style of play and skill talent.

I'm not a believer in ND. They will suffer a few more losses this year.

As for UMD, they lost Hill in the game and it looks like they're down to their 3rd QB.

No doubt. This is one of the lines I lay on my buddies. "PSU is still recovering from sanctions." They find it disconcerting but it's true.

Reactions: NedFromYork
No doubt. This is one of the lines I lay on my buddies. "PSU is still recovering from sanctions." They find it disconcerting but it's true.

this seems to be very positional, and we lost some key recruiting battles at LB and DT for a while. you can still see the impact at LB.

Also, JF did play some older guys longer over the new FR 4* players he had. for example Marcus Allen got to play as a FR only after an injury to a walk-on player. in one game you could see that Marcus was a difference maker. even last year we were starting a couple SR OL players who did not seem to be in the same level as the new guys. this practice delayed the entry of some of the newer highly rated recruits. Saban and Meyer refer to their "2 yr rule" = if we dont see a player on the field making some type of impact by their second year, then they probably are never going to get on the field. both win with this model.

I see Bama and then everyone else. But we are improving, better recruiting yielding underclassmen who can bring it. We certainly appear to be a top 5 program in the near future, but not quite there yet. If I am proved wrong, I will be a happy moment.

ADVERTISEMENT