ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Wick

What lies beneath...
giphy-downsized-large.gif
And to his wonderment, a new exotic creature appears out of the darkness.

Reactions: danoftw
This is hilarious, that Mineo's source needs to out herself.

Meanwhile, Mineo is probably still mocking journalistic standards (which are about credibility) on the tweeter while whining about people being sensitive.
IMO he is right that many and most journalists do not out their sources either in professional sports. However he does seem to have a little thin of skin and short temper for someone that is a reporter. The problem is the wrestling community is smaller than most sports so the likes of woj, schefter, etc don’t care about the general public replying to tweets

Reactions: bigs22
IMO he is right that many and most journalists do not out their sources either in professional sports. However he does seem to have a little thin of skin and short temper for someone that is a reporter. The problem is the wrestling community is smaller than most sports so the likes of woj, schefter, etc don’t care about the general public replying to tweets
He runs a gossip rag. Which is his right, but then don't claim victimhood when people see it as such.

Koll's comment wishing that Mineo were half-right about the Stanford offer was pretty funny. And pretty telling.

… Koll's comment wishing that Mineo were half-right about the Stanford offer was pretty funny. And pretty telling.
On the other hand, if Mineo were 100% right about Koll’s salary, Koll would still have incentive and moral justification to claim that Mineo was wrong, due to #eatitmineo reasons. :)

Reactions: danoftw and Fatmarc
He runs a gossip rag. Which is his right, but then don't claim victimhood when people see it as such.

Koll's comment wishing that Mineo were half-right about the Stanford offer was pretty funny. And pretty telling.
At the same time Koll just could want to skip it quiet. Especially for potential assistants, to not use his high salary as leverage too

Reactions: Dogwelder
An insider reading her tweets is now posting somewhere that his sources say wick to psu is a done deal

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
All of this just makes me question why we even need this flavor of "news breaker" in wrestling.

Mineo is not doing vodka-style investigative journalism. He's basically just tweeting things that we would eventually find out without his "contributions".

Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
All of this just makes me question why we even need this flavor of "news breaker" in wrestling.

Mineo is not doing vodka-style investigative journalism. He's basically just tweeting things that we would eventually find out without his "contributions".
I think it's pretty glaringly obvious that Pat needs the wrestling community's respect and even adoration MUCH more than the inverse . . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
I think it's pretty glaringly obvious that Pat need the wrestling community's respect and even adoration MUCH more than the inverse . . . .
Spot on. It seems as if he is only doing this for likes to boost his self-esteem, confidence, etc. When Willie was talking about him Willie stated he could not do what Pat does because he has something to lose. Pat has nothing to lose when he is wrong because it is not like he is a journalist with integrity or paying subscribers to lose. When he is right it is "look at what I know, I am important" and when he is wrong he just ignores it.

Reactions: eet5017 and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT