125 Spencer
128 Howard
133 Suriano
138 RBY
139 Beau Bartlett
140 SVN
141 Woods
143 Nick Lee
149 Paddy (not a transfer but will flip soon)
157 Carr
165 Wick
170 Carter Starocci
174 Griffith
184 Dean
192 Brooks
197 Beard
220 Kerkvliet
285 Cassioppi (still just rumored but likely to follow Spencer to PSU)
How about a contest to see whose fantasy lineup ends up closest to reality.

125 Spencer
128 Howard
133 Suriano
138 RBY
139 Beau Bartlett
140 SVN
141 Woods
143 Nick Lee
157 Carr
165 Wick
170 Carter Starocci
174 Griffith
184 Dean
192 Brooks
197 Beard
220 Kerkvliet
New Olympic weight?

Reactions: 82bordeaux
125 Spencer
128 Howard
133 Suriano
138 RBY
139 Beau Bartlett
140 SVN
141 Woods
143 Nick Lee
157 Carr
165 Wick
170 Carter Starocci
174 Griffith
184 Dean
192 Brooks
197 Beard
220 Kerkvliet
Before I read your post, i was thinking the exact same thing. Penn State should be allowed 14 weight classes. It is not Cael's fault that everyone wants to cross the State College border to wrestle for him.

Don't be surprised when Cael comes home from Tokyo with another Sanshiro Abe in his luggage.

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Some rumblings that he might be headed to Cal Poly to wrestle with his brother. Makes sense, he's from California.
That would be a great shot in the arm for Cal Poly and west coast wrestling, riding off their AA performance at NCAAs. Would like to see that...

Can we only allow posts about guys NOT transferring to PSU?

Last edited:
Reactions: PASLP2
And when he finally gets thru that gauntlet, he still has to beat Spencer to earn the spot.
Regular-sized Spencer, or a Spencer that is 14 inches tall?

tenor.gif

Reactions: danoftw
My sources tell me Cal Poly.
My sources tell me that I have no sources. But....If I had sources they would most likely say Cal Poly. His brother is there. He is from there. His family is almost assuredly there. He loves his family. Therefore: There is where he shall be. Who needs sources?....:)

Reactions: CholleyVandine
I just finished having dinner with Cael. The plan is a go.
125 Suriano
133 RBY
141 Bartlett
149 Nick Lee (it’s Zain’s fault that coach is forcing Lee to bump up)
157 Carr
165 Starocci (may swap weights with Carr)
174 Griffith
184 Brooks
197 Max
285 Kerk

I just finished having dinner with Cael. The plan is a go.
125 Suriano
133 RBY
141 Bartlett
149 Nick Lee (it’s Zain’s fault that coach is forcing Lee to bump up)
157 Carr
165 Starocci (may swap weights with Carr)
174 Griffith
184 Brooks
197 Max
285 Kerk
So the question, is Cael a "healthy eater" or more of a "meat and potatoes" guy?

The two biggest questions would be

is Mike Evan’s impressed
How many of these guys transfers or no transfers are beating Nico in the room?

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Corby on Mat Scout Willie said "Sounds like Wick found a home" and they said nothing more (guessing they know but won't spoil the kid's decision) If it was moved that quickly then all signs says Cal Poly.

I doubt a Cali kid is going to prefer State College over SLO if he's not a fan of the weather in Madison. Given that he made a point of posting that in particular when he announced his transfer, I have to imagine PSU is not in the running.

I randomly listened to Flo this morning. Askren who is friends with Wick confirms it is Cal Poly or PSU. Hinted that the decision has been made.

I randomly listened to Flo this morning. Askren who is friends with Wick confirms it is Cal Poly or PSU. Hinted that the decision has been made.
Yeah, sort of like what an earlier post said about Willie's show yesterday. Corby brought it up, stated something along the lines of "Wick made his choice", and all credit to Willie who probably knows bc it seems like he has a good relationship with the Mom, flat out ignored the comment as I would imagine he wants to let Evan be the one to announce. Like Willie, Askren knows Wick pretty well and probably knows but is not going to blow up his spot.
As a side note, I hardly ever go on HR, but checked out their Wick thread and someone posted " doesn't matter Bull will continue to beat him" and I could not resist posting "true, Bull will beat him but Wick will out place him at NCAA's as usual"

As a side note, I hardly ever go on HR, but checked out their Wick thread and someone posted " doesn't matter Bull will continue to beat him" and I could not resist posting "true, Bull will beat him but Wick will out place him at NCAA's as usual"

Yeah, the biggest upside would come at NCAAs.

AM will likely be the favorite in a dual, but Wick has had a lot more success at NCAAs.

Even if Marinelli gets past the 8 seed, he still won't out-point Evan by much ... if at all.

Last edited:
Wick beating Marinelli to win the dual isn't necessary.
Wick (or whoever wrestles 165) scoring points at NCAAs is necessary if the Lions are to reclaim the title.

Does anyone think Wick is concerned that he can commit to Penn State only for Griffith to commit 2 months later?

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT