ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Wick

eet5017

Jan 27, 2013
On the Mat Scouts, NCAA Day 1 Halftime Show on Rokfin, Adam Fellers said he heard a rumor going around at NCAA’s that Evan Wick was potentially transferring to PSU. I find that hard to believe, but someone else told me they saw similar sentiment on Twitter. Anyone else see or hear that?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Mat Scouts, NCAA Day 1 Halftime Show on Rokfin, Adam Fellers said he heard a rumor going around at NCAA’s that Evan Wick was potentially transferring to PSU. I find that hard to believe, but someone else told me they saw similar sentiment on Twitter. Anyone else see or hear that?
I heard him joking about transferring to Easton (like he was teasing Penn State Willie). I was going to post it, but held off

I could see it. He fits perfectly in the lineup and is not a Bono recruit.

I saw a similar rumor posted on The Mat yesterday.

That said, I also saw Shane Griffith to PSU yesterday, too.

Griffith to Penn State is literally manufactured by the easiest narrative ever (Pyles even admitted as much)

1. Robbie and him are very close obviously
2. He's from this area
3. Cael tends to get what he wants

I'm sure the kid obviously has an idea of where he'd call next though.

Big if true.

Interesting side note: Wick's brother Luka is possibly the best uncommitted HS senior, also in the 157/165 range. PSU is not among his 8 listed schools. Curiously, Wisconsin isn't either.

Shane also shared a picture of himself in a,PSU wrestling sweatshirt

Griffith to Penn State is literally manufactured by the easiest narrative ever (Pyles even admitted as much)

1. Robbie and him are very close obviously
2. He's from this area
3. Cael tends to get what he wants

I'm sure the kid obviously has an idea of where he'd call next though.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The Wick one is more believable tbh. That being said, I swear I hear transfer rumors in the offseason for PSU always and it never comes into fruition.
Well as of right now he's leaving Stanford, and that sweatshirt could still fit.

I see that Wisconsin's 174lbr Jared Krattiger is transferring.

May mean nothing, but possible sign that Wick is staying put and planning on wrestling 174?

Willie shut down the "Wick is transferring" talks on his recent 2022 projections. Outright said, "That's not the case"

• Sad
I think the story was with the COVID year, Braxton Amos and Evan Wick just opted to not enroll at all. After that decision, Bono reallocated their scholarships. By the time they announced the free year, you didn't want to take anything back you already promised to kids so Amos/Wick just didn't wrestle.

Some rumblings that he might be headed to Cal Poly to wrestle with his brother. Makes sense, he's from California.

Based on message board rumors, PSU has been linked to: Nick Suriano, Real Woods, Shane Griffith, Evan Wick, Max Dean.

I will there will be a lot more movement later in the summer also.

Funny haha but you’re crazy if you don’t think PSU won’t at least kick the tires on Wick. Don’t need any verified info to know that. Same with Griffith. May very well not go far but you can bet there’s been contact. Joe Lee’s presence isn’t stopping that.

This is getting a bit tougher with Wick getting added to our roster, but if anyone can fit all the transfers coming to PSU this summer, it will be Cael.

I'll bet he goes with the following lineup:
125 Spencer
133 Suriano
141 Woods
149 Paddy (not a transfer but will flip soon)
157 Carr
165 Wick
174 Griffith
184 Dean
197 Brooks (he's been sucking too much weight at 84)
285 Cassioppi (still just rumored but likely to follow Spencer to PSU)

This lineup allows all of our other guys time to heal up from their perceived ailments.

125 Spencer
128 Howard
133 Suriano
138 RBY
139 Beau Bartlett
140 SVN
141 Woods
143 Nick Lee
149 Paddy (not a transfer but will flip soon)
157 Carr
165 Wick
170 Carter Starocci
174 Griffith
184 Dean
192 Brooks
197 Beard
220 Kerkvliet
285 Cassioppi (still just rumored but likely to follow Spencer to PSU)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT