ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Clark

upstatelion

Aug 16, 2020
A new preferred walk on. A QB who completed 70 pct of this passes with 18 TD's and zero int's. Good size at 6-3, 215. I'm guessing he has a bad 40 yard dash time so no scholarship. Must take a lot of confidence to walk on knowing the coaches did not want you enough for a scholarship. I've always wondered if a kid like this really gets a fair chance. Anyway, he must really love penn state and i wish him all the best.

A new preferred walk on. A QB who completed 70 pct of this passes with 18 TD's and zero int's. Good size at 6-3, 215. I'm guessing he has a bad 40 yard dash time so no scholarship. Must take a lot of confidence to walk on knowing the coaches did not want you enough for a scholarship. I've always wondered if a kid like this really gets a fair chance. Anyway, he must really love penn state and i wish him all the best.
Manheim Township kid. Played safety in HS. Probably safety is more likely moving forward .

Reactions: Nitwit
Appears he also played Safety. According to article I read, this was his 1st year as a QB starter, of course w/shortened season. His coach believes he could end up playing TE or LBer if the QB thing doesn't work out. Kid seems to have an open mind about other positions. He was also offered PWO by Virginia Tech who saw him as an athlete. Happy for the young man.

Jeez, he's fast enough to be a safety and he threw 18 td's with no interceptions in his first year as a starter? Makes you wonder what he could have done to get a scholarship. Did he not attend camps for the rating services? I sure hope he gets a chance. PWO means no money right. He pays his own way. Man, he must love penn state!

Jeez, he's fast enough to be a safety and he threw 18 td's with no interceptions in his first year as a starter? Makes you wonder what he could have done to get a scholarship. Did he not attend camps for the rating services? I sure hope he gets a chance. PWO means no money right. He pays his own way. Man, he must love penn state!
I hear Kent State is looking for a QB.

Reactions: wilbury
I believe the only benefit with PWO status is guaranteed team membership when camp starts? Being a PA resident he of course gets in-state tuition rate. Not sure about training table access - perhaps available, but must pay for it @ a reduced rate?
Art would know any benefits for PWO status. Maybe he'll jump in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ktownlion
Sometimes i wonder if these guys with great success in H.S. but maybe not all of the physical attributes get overlooked too often. Remember when dave jones said Mcsorely had a "noodle arm". Yeah, but all he did was make plays and win.
Kid before him got a Colgate Scholarship and the kid before that Harvard . All 3 were good size boys with strong arms . Should be video of him passing to his teammate PSU wr recruit Ivey , 2022.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and 81b&w
I believe the only with PWO status is guaranteed team membership when camp starts? Being a PA resident he of course gets in-state tuition rate. Not sure about training table access - perhaps available, but must pay for it @ a reduced rate?
Art would know any benefits for PWO status. Maybe he'll jump in this thread.

I think you hit it. He's guaranteed a spot on the team. Training table meals are provided through his meal plan, which I'm guessing is a lot less than they would cost otherwise.

Reactions: LionJim and N&B4PSU
Today’s Lancaster paper , firewall bitches . Started only 7 games. Tough competition - Wilson, Philly LaSalle. 70% completion rate , 11 yds per completion. Avg over two tds per game , no picks . Elite arm strength . Since he was only a one year starter no camps and Covid worked against him . Seems like a strong kid and a athlete . Both he and his coach say he will work hard and wants to contribute.

Yep! After the war, I drove my cousin to a couple tryouts. Despite the fact that looking south, his curve went from Pitt to Philly and down the turnpike at a consistent 91+ mph, his time from mound to first was to slow. Speed, or lack there of, kills!

I think you hit it. He's guaranteed a spot on the team. Training table meals are provided through his meal plan, which I'm guessing is a lot less than they would cost otherwise.
‘Spot on the team’ Guessing that means full access to staff and facilities, weight training, nutritional counseling, team workouts year long, skull drills, and more. Maybe academic counseling too. Just no scholly money.

Reactions: bison13 and LionJim
‘Spot on the team’ Guessing that means full access to staff and facilities, weight training, nutritional counseling, team workouts year long, skull drills, and more. Maybe academic counseling too. Just no scholly money.

Which any member of the team, scholarship or walk-on, would have.

Today’s Lancaster paper , firewall bitches . Started only 7 games. Tough competition - Wilson, Philly LaSalle. 70% completion rate , 11 yds per completion. Avg over two tds per game , no picks . Elite arm strength . Since he was only a one year starter no camps and Covid worked against him . Seems like a strong kid and a athlete . Both he and his coach say he will work hard and wants to contribute.
I wonder how many of these kids 3 and 4 years from now will surprise people at the college level and in the draft.

Maybe not the exact same situation, but I keep thinking about Jack Ham (his high school teammate and Bradley begged Joe to offer him with one of the last schollies) and Shane Conlin.

If I remember correctly, Greg Garrity (the father, not the son) was a walk-on...caught everything thrown to him, including a diving over the shoulder catch in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia and Herschel Walker.

Reactions: NedFromYork
The kid went to a school with a good program and coach. These kids usually get noticed.

He seems like a kid who could play at the FCS level, but it’s highly unlikely he will ever see the field at PSU.

The kid went to a school with a good program and coach. These kids usually get noticed.

He seems like a kid who could play at the FCS level, but it’s highly unlikely he will ever see the field at PSU.
His film looks pretty good. The kid is raw (because he only started 1 yr), but has the arm strength and certainly seems athletic enough. Lots to work with for the new OC. Also like his size, 6' 3".

Reactions: 81b&w
Strong arm with some decent accuracy. He would be something of a project, but he might be a fast learner.
I am surprised he didn’t get more scholarship offers.

Strong arm with some decent accuracy. He would be something of a project, but he might be a fast learner.
I am surprised he didn’t get more scholarship offers.
7 games, no attendance at the games , no camps . Most studs are identified prior to their senior year . He didn’t start until his senior year . Township was in the playoffs and the school board said we forfeit secondary to COvID . Season over . Minimal exposure . The “star” of the team , Ivey, WR already has a PSU offer , Class of 2022. Ivey is good , but academics are in question . Missed games due to his GPA. Here is Iveys Hudl. It has some dimes from Clark in there .

Last edited:
Reactions: 83wuzme and 81b&w

Ok so he fits the size mold, throws a nice long ball and runs well and hasn't thrown an interception with a 70% completion ratio in good competition. He was a first year starter and is coming in under a new coach that has a history of developing qbs. Where do you come up with highly unlikely he will ever see the field at PSU? I like his potential more than Veilleux personally

Ok so he fits the size mold, throws a nice long ball and runs well and hasn't thrown an interception with a 70% completion ratio in good competition. He was a first year starter and is coming in under a new coach that has a history of developing qbs. Where do you come up with highly unlikely he will ever see the field at PSU? I like his potential more than Veilleux personally
Guys that make their living evaluating high school players are pretty good at it. Sure there are kids that are completely missed. There are several reasons as to why, but this young man did not play at an out of the way program.

So what you’re saying is that a kid with no other offers that we know of is likely to start for PSU? For a team that is perennially in the top 15 yearly in recruiting ranking and national title aspirations. How many walk on QB’s start for power 5 programs.

By the way the kids that play QB for Colgate or Lafayette or West Chester are pretty darn good too. You would also think their high school film looks really good. Doesn’t mean they are likely to get play time at PSU.

Guys that make their living evaluating high school players are pretty good at it. Sure there are kids that are completely missed. There are several reasons as to why, but this young man did not play at an out of the way program.

So what you’re saying is that a kid with no other offers that we know of is likely to start for PSU? For a team that is perennially in the top 15 yearly in recruiting ranking and national title aspirations. How many walk on QB’s start for power 5 programs.

By the way the kids that play QB for Colgate or Lafayette or West Chester are pretty darn good too. You would also think their high school film looks really good. Doesn’t mean they are likely to get play time at PSU.
I didn't say starter but I certainly wouldn't dismiss him. Matt McGloin wasn't too long ago here and I'm looking at who we have coming in. You think Veilleux or Beau show better game tape? You think it was a coincidence he came along the same time as the new coordinator and they are already communicating?

I didn't say starter but I certainly wouldn't dismiss him. Matt McGloin wasn't too long ago here and I'm looking at who we have coming in. You think Veilleux or Beau show better game tape? You think it was a coincidence he came along the same time as the new coordinator and they are already communicating?
PSU takes pwo’s every year, and some of them happen to be QB’s. Sure the new OC may have been the one to offer him a spot but you’re assuming too much.

Now list all the walk-ons who never saw the field. Let's see which list is longer. And I'll say 'yes' to both questions

Check out Mason Stahl's tape, it's awesome too. He walked on last year

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT