ADVERTISEMENT

EURO 2020 Thread.

Germany-Hungary was an instant classic. Germany needed a draw to advance and they score at 66' to get to 1-1. Hungary scores immediately after, not five seconds after they kick off. Germany then ties again at 86', final was 2-2. Both Hungary goals were SMH spectacular. Wow. My default rooting interest is Germany so I was pacing like a madman. (My wife spent her senior year in HS in Essen, and we have many dear German friends.)

I'll update with the complete round of 16 matchups, but for now Germany will face England in Wembley.
Should be a great match. Go Three Lions!

Reactions: LionJim
Good to see the Chechens pick up a solid Dubya against these colorful leather wearing fake biker tough guy Dutch misters.

That was a nasty challenge from behind by Portugal. They should have VAR’d it. DeBruyne was limping off at half.
Yeah, I think the ref must have simply told himself that the Portugal guy got the ball. It's a miracle he didn't break DeBruyne's ankle. Also, I couldn't believe that a yellow wasn't given for pulling Lukaku's shirt on that run. Belgium 1-0 Portugal at the half.

This has been a great game.

Roberto Martinez is a terrible in-game manager. Has made zero adjustments.

I really enjoy these big tournaments. But Italy - Belgium in the quarters is insanity. This remaining bracket (apparently they don't do brackets in Europe) is lopsided.

And I was rooting for Czech Republic, but always thought a red card on such a play is too severe. Give the Czechs a penalty shot and let Holland keep 11 guys on the field. That red car always seems to decide the game.

Last edited:
Good God. Switzerland breaks free in the box and it would have been a goal if the keeper hadn’t moved up and smothered the ball. Then France hits the crossbar at 90 + 4’. Wow. Extra time.

Last edited:
Man the Swiss put on a display of Soccer at the Euro today.

I thought it was over after Rodriguez missed that penalty and the French overwhelmed the Swiss for 20 minutes after as perfect a 55 minutes as they could play against the World Champions. The Swiss were magnificent and the French did enough to beat almost anybody but it just was a banner day for Swiss soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not impressed with Mmmbop for France, even before he missed the last PK. Way too many poor touches by him all game.

What a great tournament this has been. Looking forward to England v Germany at noon today!

I've seen Sommer make that kind of save before. Four Gladbach players featured in this game--Sommer, Elvedi, and Embolo for the Swiss and Thuram for the French, with former Foal Xhaka also playing. And Ginther will start for Germany today with Hofmann and Neuhaus on the bench.... I am quite pleased with this....

England 0-0 Germany at halftime. Sterling makes a great run and sets up Kane perfectly, but Kane takes a brutal first touch and the ball gets cleared. I can’t tell you how terrible that touch was, SMH bad. Wow. I can’t believe England didn’t score there. (Whew. My default team is Germany.)

Reactions: Alphabets
England 0-0 Germany at halftime. Sterling makes a great run and sets up Kane perfectly, but Kane takes a brutal first touch and the ball gets cleared. I can’t tell you how terrible that touch was, SMH bad. Wow. I can’t believe England didn’t score there. (Whew. My default team is Germany.)
Scoreless at 68’. Germany seems to be the more aggressive team in this second half. It’s hard to see which way the match is going to go. I suspect the final score will be 1-0.

Finally!

tenor.gif

Reactions: Thus Spoke Mainer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT