ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

Page 11 of the GJ Presentment states that DPW, CYS local and state records were subpoenaed and no records were found of a report made. Those organizations said there was no such report. I don't recall saying certain individuals testified from DPW or CYS but the organizations did respond to the subpoena that there was no report.

1. The presentment that you're quoting says that the PA OAG subpoenaed records from 2002. The incident happened in 2001. That could be a problem, eh?
2. CYS didn't have a record of 1998, either. Why? Because it doesn't keep records of "unfounded" incidents. The lack of a record of the 2001 incident is not proof that the 2001 incident wasn't reported.

Want to try again?

Where is the specific evidence that the 2001 incident wasn't reported?

Is that [your argument] better?

Not even close.

You substituted "shows me" and "in my opinion" for "I think." That's like using a thesaurus to change a word or phrase, and thinking that it improves the entire thrust of a sentence.

PSU electing to not fight victim claims in court proves absolutely nothing about whether PSU did or did not drop the ball in 1998.

In addition, nothing you've stated in this response does a thing to prove any of the claims you made about PSU in the initial post of yours to which I responded:

"DPW does not set policy for PSU. PSU could have and should have as comon sense risk mitigation set the policy I described above. Also, I don't think PSU was as clueless to all this as you say. Was Spanier that clueless with his background? No, I think PSU dropped the ball in '98 as well as the state."

My point in that statement was that PSU could have and should have restricted Sandusky based on the incident whether DPW and the OAG didn't press charges or not. In fact, now that I see that is precisely what Victim 6 is alleging. Maybe we will see in a court of law whether PSU dropped the ball in 1998.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
Actually, I'm aware of the expungment law but that was addressed by Anthony Sassano in the preliminary trial testimony. No CYS report exists for 1998 but a police report does and there is no police report for 2001. Sassano indicated those reports would be there as the law does not require them to be expunged.

Oh for god's sake. No one ever claimed that the police were called in 2001. Schultz said that he thought that the same agency (NOT POLICE) that handled it 1998 was contacted.

Are you seriously this dense?

1. The presentment that you're quoting says that the PA OAG subpoenaed records from 2002. The incident happened in 2001. That could be a problem, eh?
2. CYS didn't have a record of 1998, either. Why? Because it doesn't keep records of "unfounded" incidents. The lack of a record of the 2001 incident is not proof that the 2001 incident wasn't reported.

Want to try again?

Where is the specific evidence that the 2001 incident wasn't reported?
Sassano testified that he checked 2001 as well. No records. As I mentioned above I am aware CYS expunges unfounded reports but Sassano testified that police reports are generated when these complaints arise and that is how we have a record of 1998 and don't in 2001. Guess it will be up to a jury to decide whether they believe it.

BTW, did Curley, Schultz or Spanier specifically say they reported it to CYS or DPW? Please give exact citation.

Sassano testified that he checked 2001 as well. No records. As I mentioned above I am aware CYS expunges unfounded reports but Sassano testified that police reports are generated when these complaints arise and that is how we have a record of 1998 and don't in 2001. Guess it will be up to a jury to decide whether they believe it.

BTW, did Curley, Schultz or Spanier specifically say they reported it to CYS or DPW? Please give exact citation.

Get lost, troll.

Oh for god's sake. No one ever claimed that the police were called in 2001. Schultz said that he thought that the same agency (NOT POLICE) that handled it 1998 was contacted.

Are you seriously this dense?
As I said above, read the testimony of Sassano and that CYS would call police and generate a report if a child sexual abuse case was reported. That is how PSU police have a report of 1998 but not 2001.

Recap:
1. DPW and CYS subpoenaed for records of reports. They say they have none
2. Agent Sassano says if such a report (CSA) was made to CYS they would have involved the police and that would generate a police report just like 1998. There is no police report.
3. If CYS did investigate, wouldn't they have talked to McQueary? Did McQueary report that CYS had talked to him?
4. Emails seem to show that notifying DPW was going to happen but later Curley said he wanted to go to Sandusky first.

Last edited:
As I said above, read the testimony of Sassano and that CYS would call police and generate a report if a child sexual abuse case was reported. That is how PSU police have a report of 1998 but not 2001.

Irrelevant. Next?

1. Sassano's entire testimony refers to an incident in 2002. If they were looking at 2002 records, they were looking in the wrong place.
2. Sassano is wrong when he suggests that CYS involve police in every report. Sassano doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. C/S/S attorneys will have a field day with that one.
3. Sassano testifies about his conversations with one person from CYS and one person from DPW (Lauro, who not coincidentally is the guy who screwed up in 1998). Sassano does not claim that either of them told him that they were sure that there was no report in 2001.

Again. What is the specific evidence that proves that no report was made in 2001?

Recap:
2. Agent Sassano says if such a report (CSA) was made to CYS they would have involved the police and that would generate a police report just like 1998. There is no police report.
3. If CYS did investigate, wouldn't they have talked to McQueary? Did McQueary report that CYS had talked to him?
4. Emails seem to show that notifying DPW was going to happen but later Curley said he wanted to go to Sandusky first.

If theres one thing the Tutko case made horrifyingly obvious is that when CYS determines no abuse occured they don't treat subsequent reports about the same person/houshold afterwords seriously or flat out don't legitimately look into them at all.

In 2001 if CC CYS was told about another JS shower incident they most likely didnt treat it seriously especially when you consider how many conflicts of interest CC CYS had with JS/TSM. CC CYS certainly wont admit this either bc it makes them look incredibly bad and the world would learn they were the true enablelers of JS/dropped the ball vs PSU admins/football.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
The key word in your post is "if". Officer Schreffler is the one who received Chambers report on 5/8/1998 about her assessment that Sandusky was showing signs of a likely pedophile. The police chief Tom Harmon is the one who communicated with Schultz. Harmon testified that he was unaware of both Chambers and Seasock's reports; the conclusion being that he was unaware of at least Chambers report. Harmon also testified that he did not communicate to Schultz that Schreffler and the DPW's Jerry Lauro interviewed Sandusky (on 6/1/1998) and told him not to shower with boys (with Sandusky saying he wouldn't). So there was certainly a failure to communicate in 1998 which might've changed how 2001 played out. This isn't the only oddity surrounding Harmon; see more here https://jmmyw.wordpress.com/2014/11/09/harmon-testimony-notes/
So, are you saying Sheffler buried the Chambers report? Does it seem odd that a guy like Jerry Sandusky with such a hig profile would be investigated for CSA and nobody reads any of the reports generated? The transcript you linked does not mention the Chambers Report.

I agree about the ad hominem attacks.

Now can you address the fact that the Freeh Report lacks evidence to support Freeh's "reasonable conclusions?"

I find the emails to be evidence to support the conclusion that CSS knew they had something they needed to report but decided to only tell TSM, which I find a version of a cover-up, as does Freeh.

Reactions: RentechCEO
I find the emails to be evidence to support the conclusion that CSS knew they had something they needed to report but decided to only tell TSM, which I find a version of a cover-up, as does Freeh.

Both of you are stupid then.

What specific evidence is there that Penn State did not report it? Remember, the prosecution has the burden of proving its allegation.

True, but when the person charged doesn't make much of an effort to claim they DID report, the bar is a little lower. The most I've heard is that one of them has said "we might have reported it". This will come up at trial, if CSS stop delaying it.

1. Sassano's entire testimony refers to an incident in 2002. If they were looking at 2002 records, they were looking in the wrong place.
2. Sassano is wrong when he suggests that CYS involve police in every report. Sassano doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. C/S/S attorneys will have a field day with that one.
3. Sassano testifies about his conversations with one person from CYS and one person from DPW (Lauro, who not coincidentally is the guy who screwed up in 1998). Sassano does not claim that either of them told him that they were sure that there was no report in 2001.

Again. What is the specific evidence that proves that no report was made in 2001?

1. Sassano testified that once the correct date was established he went back to CYS and they had no record.
2. He didn't say every report but every report of CSA. There are other types of child abuse reported to CYS (i.e. neglect) that the police are not called in.
3. Sassano said the CYS Director told him there were no reports from 2001. This too is in his testimony.

You don't mention McQueary. Wouldn't CYS have spoken to him had they received a report?

Last edited:

Seriously, if you guys think the referenced post was stupid, you're delusional. Knowing that Sandusky got in trouble in 1998 for showering alone with a kid DOES justify risk management actions to be taken, if nothing else than to prevent Penn State from getting in trouble if it turns out another incident happened, even if it was just a misunderstanding.

1998 was not an 'all clear' unless you have a vested interest in pretending so.

True, but when the person charged doesn't make much of an effort to claim they DID report, the bar is a little lower. The most I've heard is that one of them has said "we might have reported it". This will come up at trial, if the Judge stops delaying it.

Fixed it for you, gooszie.

Victim 6 did not settle and Penn State is fighting discovery as the case moves towards trial. If the story that the Penn State trustees sold the world is true, why would they fight discovery?

One plausible reason is that 1998 was not the 'all clear' that you guys like to pretend. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Seriously, if you guys think the referenced post was stupid, you're delusional. Knowing that Sandusky got in trouble in 1998 for showering alone with a kid DOES justify risk management actions to be taken, if nothing else than to prevent Penn State from getting in trouble if it turns out another incident happened, even if it was just a misunderstanding.

1998 was not an 'all clear' unless you have a vested interest in pretending so.
I agree. Not prosecuting does not mean all-clear.

Does make the horseplay claim not really believable. Raykovitz testified though that Curley told him it was horseplay and so I am not sure what he could have reported.

One plausible reason is that 1998 was not the 'all clear' that you guys like to pretend. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Sure. CYS/DPW thought that John Seasock was full of crap and Sandusky was a pedophile and they did absolutely nothing to curtail his access to children.

Alrighty then.

If theres one thing the Tutko case made horrifyingly obvious is that when CYS determines no abuse occured they don't treat subsequent reports about the same person/houshold afterwords seriously or flat out don't legitimately look into them at all.

In 2001 if CC CYS was told about another JS shower incident they most likely didnt treat it seriously especially when you consider how many conflicts of interest CC CYS had with JS/TSM. CC CYS certainly wont admit this either bc it makes them look incredibly bad and the world would learn they were the true enablelers of JS/dropped the ball vs PSU admins/football.
Well, if there is proof of that then wow! You are right that they should have their behinds tanned. However, why would they cover for Sandusky? I mean you think they would have done nothing if they got a report from the President or VP of PSU?

Sure. CYS/DPW thought that John Seasock was full of crap and Sandusky was a pedophile and they did absolutely nothing to curtail his access to children.

Alrighty then.
Even if that is true. PSU didn't do anything either. Does the sins of another excuse my sins? DPW had no say about bringing kids onto PSU.

Recap:

Simple as this: we don't know enough about 2001 to conclude what did or didn't happen. There are two people (Schultz and Courtney) who are both on record as recalling that the 2001 incident was reported. Yet, there is zero evidence that Mr. Freeh investigated this not so minor point. He simply was the mouthpiece for the OAG.

Lauro was under oath and said that he did not have any personal knowledge of a report in 2002 and acknowledged that DPW had the subpoena. I don't know that anyone from CYS has been under oath, and if so has not been cross examined.

Alrighty then.

I mean, we don't still have a full story on why a second psychologist was brought in. What if it turns out it had something to do with Penn State after all?

Or what if V6's argument has more to do with 1998 not actually being the first time these guys ever heard anything about Sandusky?

Even if that is true. PSU didn't do anything either. Does the sins of another excuse my sins? DPW had no say about bringing kids onto PSU.

For god's sake, I was being sarcastic. Don't you have sarcasm in your neck of the woods?

The idea that CYS/DPW believed in 1998 that Sandusky was a pedophile and did nothing about it is ludicrous. If Mike wants to believe that, he's a bigger conspiracy kook than Louis Freeh.

Simple as this: we don't know enough about 2001 to conclude what did or didn't happen. There are two people (Schultz and Courtney) who are both on record as recalling that the 2001 incident was reported. Yet, there is zero evidence that Mr. Freeh investigated this not so minor point. He simply was the mouthpiece for the OAG.

Lauro was under oath and said that he did not have any personal knowledge of a report in 2002 and acknowledged that DPW had the subpoena. I don't know that anyone from CYS has been under oath, and if so has not been cross examined.
Sassano answered that about CYS. I guess they could have the CYS Director testify but she told Sassano there was no file. What motive would she have to hold it back and face criminal charges for obstruction of justice?

I mean, we don't still have a full story on why a second psychologist was brought in. What if it turns out it had something to do with Penn State after all?

Or what if V6's argument has more to do with 1998 not actually being the first time these guys ever heard anything about Sandusky?

Baloney.

Whatever it is, I'd sure like to know why Penn State is stonewalling.

For god's sake, I was being sarcastic. Don't you have sarcasm in your neck of the woods?

The idea that CYS/DPW believed in 1998 that Sandusky was a pedophile and did nothing about it is ludicrous. If Mike wants to believe that, he's a bigger conspiracy kook than Louis Freeh.
Sorry, I missed that one! ;)

Well, if there is proof of that then wow! You are right that they should have their behinds tanned. However, why would they cover for Sandusky? I mean you think they would have done nothing if they got a report from the President or VP of PSU?

We dont know yet whether CYS covered for JS or just were groomed by him as well (like the rest of the centre county community) to think he would never hurt a kid.

The other thing the Tutko case showed us is even if CYS workers incompetence, etc leads to a kid DYING the state wont charge CYS workers with any crimes

So after the crap hit the fan in 11/11 and the public was outraged and wanted justice the state certainly wasnt going to admit CYS screwed up and no one from CYS was being indicted...people would have lost there minds. So what were they to do? Sacrifice PSU admins/football to satisfy the blood lust...problem solved and the state admits no liability/responsibility. How convenient!!

Actually, I'm aware of the expungment law but that was addressed by Anthony Sassano in the preliminary trial testimony. No CYS report exists for 1998 but a police report does and there is no police report for 2001. Sassano indicated those reports would be there as the law does not require them to be expunged.
If CYS was notified and in turn didn't notify the police there would be no police report.

Reactions: WeR0206
Sassano answered that about CYS. I guess they could have the CYS Director testify but she told Sassano there was no file. What motive would she have to hold it back and face criminal charges for obstruction of justice?

The fact that her office screwed up?

Seriously. The gyrations you guys have to go through.

Centre County CYS is a mess. They screwed up the Chris Lee case and they screwed up the Sandusky case. God knows how many cases they screwed up over the years. Maybe they suffered from the same affliction as most people (the completely inability to recognize that a respected member of the community could be a pedophile), except it was their responsibility to know better. And it was going to be sooooo embarrassing for so many people, not only in Centre County, but throughout the state. All those politicians and bigwigs who had supported Sandusky's "victim farm" over the years. "Thousand Points of Light" Sandusky was pedophile. What a mess. And then the press magically became fixated on Joe Paterno, because, hey, nothing is so much fun as dragging down someone from their pedestal. So everyone who truly had the responsibility to protect children got to scurry away. How convenient.

Last edited:
Not my Board, so I don't really have a stake here.....but I would be happier if the circle jerkers like mdahmus, seminoleboy, and the like would stop constipating the threads with their inanity. Clowns like mdahmus completely FUBAR'ed any PSU related discussions on TOS....and they are long way towards doing that here.

Just a suggestion/plea to all.....please stop engaging them in any "discussions" We all know - clearly - that any "discussions" with these doofusi is COMPLETELY and utterly pointless. Just ignore them....or give them a simple "You're an idiot"...and that's it.

What they feed on is folks pulling their hair out trying to "educate" them. Ya' might as well spend the time teaching a fish to climb a tree.

Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT