ADVERTISEMENT

Emmert acknowledges NCAA pretty much a wasteful model and is now pointless

bigsirspur

Nov 12, 2012
The point that all sports have been treated the same, which doesn't make sense, is maddening. Why didn't he fix that for everything that he has been paid. It's as if he is saying the point of the NCAA was to keep the athlete down and, now that they cannot do that any longer, just let the conferences do what they want.

Will Emmert take a corresponding pay cut to reflect the diminished duties of the NCAA?? Crazy talk. The slugs at the NCAA will never give up the gravy train they're riding.

Reactions: mjrino and 91Joe95
Time for NCAA just to go away completely imo. A true college committee (made up of members from educational institutions) could administer punishments, etc. if needed, in addition to other functions.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Pay for play, however you want to cover it up, is where we are going in the revenue sports.
I hope the Olympic sports are contaminated as well.

The point that all sports have been treated the same, which doesn't make sense, is maddening. Why didn't he fix that for everything that he has been paid. It's as if he is saying the point of the NCAA was to keep the athlete down and, now that they cannot do that any longer, just let the conferences do what they want.
He should know. Those exact words could be used to describe his tenure.

The one silver lining here is that mofo Jim Delany can't take credit for bringing Mark Emmett to his knees.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Time for NCAA just to go away completely imo. A true college committee (made up of members from educational institutions) could administer punishments, etc. if needed, in addition to other functions.
How long before there is no such thing as academic ineligibility?
While I’ll not shed any tears if the NCAA disappears. I’m not certain that you want some administrators from the SEC or the BIG12 deciding things such as how many scholarships, how long and how many practices, and how many games you can play in their conferences. Because that will effect other conferences also. With some of those guys academic ineligibility would be a nonsensical concept.

Reactions: Midnighter2
While I’ll not shed any tears if the NCAA disappears. I’m not certain that you want some administrators from the SEC or the BIG12 deciding things such as how many scholarships, how long and how many practices, and how many games you can play in their conferences. Because that will effect other conferences also. With some of those guys academic ineligibility would be a nonsensical concept.

Delany had Emmert on his knees on numeous occasions. Single-handedly kept about a dozen dry cleaners in the Chicago area in business.

Man ahead of his time. Ha! Ha! Emmert should have made that announcement circa 2011 when he decide to illegally defame Paterno and PSU. At that point the NCAA became a paper tiger.

Man ahead of his time. Ha! Ha! Emmert should have made that announcement circa 2011 when he decide to illegally defame Paterno and PSU. At that point the NCAA became a paper tiger.
You’re not wrong. The NCAA’s overreach regarding Penn State actually exposed it’s Achilles heel, which UNC and a host of other schools took total advantage of.

Reactions: psu1969a
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT