ADVERTISEMENT

Email from Sandy regarding Spring and tickets in the fall...

There's a big difference between wanting/getting the vaccine and wanting to have you show your papers everywhere you go.
So I take it you never got a drivers license or drove, never registered for school and home schooled you kids, never got a travel visa because you had to show you "papers".

If an athletic director is fired.....would that create the same kind of excitement that is generated here when a coach is canned?
They would probably complain non stop if the person hired did not have Paterno ties or promise to restore the statue in their introductory press conference.

So I take it you never got a drivers license or drove, never registered for school and home schooled you kids, never got a travel visa because you had to show you "papers".

Drivers license? Never. Visas to enter a foreign country are required and issued by that country. US law has no jurisdiction over that.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
They would probably complain non stop if the person hired did not have Paterno ties or promise to restore the statue in their introductory press conference.
Really? I've seen very little statue talk here for some time. I'm a very, very proud JoeBot. I want to see the statue brought back....simply because they took it down.
However, I'd rather see some representation of Joe and Sue associated with the library.
I think some pretty famous NFL coach said you are what your record says you are....and Joe won 409 games. What so many here miss (and its a very big whiff) is that he used the credibility he gained winning football games, to make PSU better all around. Frankly, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.....I don't know if we'll ever see that from a coach at a major university ever again.

Requiring a vaccine card seems like a good business practice to be able to demonstrate some way of limiting exposure among other patrons or staff. I would compare it to having a no smoking rule. If I’m going to or working at a restaurant I want to make sure that I’m neither exposed to cigarette smoke or COVID-19 virus carriers. I don’t understand this childlike macho attitude of refusing to comply. Just do it as a courtesy to your fellow man. It doesn’t hurt to be nice.

Requiring a vaccine card seems like a good business practice to be able to demonstrate some way of limiting exposure among other patrons or staff. I would compare it to having a no smoking rule. If I’m going to or working at a restaurant I want to make sure that I’m neither exposed to cigarette smoke or COVID-19 virus carriers. I don’t understand this childlike macho attitude of refusing to comply. Just do it as a courtesy to your fellow man. It doesn’t hurt to be nice.
Vaccine card just for COVID? What about other diseases. These have existed for years. Did you carry one as a courtesy to your fellow man? Or were you not so nice?

Reactions: bison13
If I’m going to or working at a restaurant I want to make sure that I’m neither exposed to cigarette smoke or COVID-19 virus carriers.

I hate to tell you but you’re never going to make sure of that- papers or no papers. Just not going to happen.

Lol, you said requirement, and then tried to pawn it off as voluntary. How about we instead have people show they are cancer free, or that they have fully healthy immune systems before they are allowed out the door.

I hate to tell you but you’re never going to make sure of that- papers or no papers. Just not going to happen.
I know it won’t because there are too many asshats which object to assisting in order that we achieve a safe society. They wound rather shut down the economy than respond responsibly. It’s a shame they can’t set their childlike objections aside in order to help fix a very serious problem. Their choice - but it might be them or you who loses a job as a result of others like them who cause shutdowns. I guess they would prefer to have the freedom to be unemployed . No card - no service!

Lol, you said requirement, and then tried to pawn it off as voluntary. How about we instead have people show they are cancer free, or that they have fully healthy immune systems before they are allowed out the door.
Why - that would’t accomplish anything. Cancer is not contagious. But if I’m given the choice between going to a store who only permits carded vaccine recipients and another who lets anyone in, I’m going to take my business to the safe one. It’s common sense. Why wouldn’t I?

Last edited:
Why - that would’t accomplish anything. Cancer is not contagious.

Keep the vulnerable safe by locking them away. It's actually eminently more practical since there are far fewer of them. Tell them they are taking one for the team, themselves.

If you yourself are vaccinated, why should you care if anyone else around you has Covid or doesn’t?

Reactions: Picktown Nit
If you yourself are vaccinated, why should you care if anyone else around you has Covid or doesn’t?
A vaccinated person could still pass on Covid to others. I wouldn’t want to put others at risk. I would prefer to go somewhere where everyone is vaccinated so that is unlikely to happen. I’m looking out for others, not just me.

Also the vaccine is about 95% effective, not 100%. So even as a vaccinated person I have a minor risk of catching it. I’d rather minimize that risk to zero if I can. In short, places which require you to show vaccine cards are going to be safer for everyone than places which allow the unvaccinated access.

How does publicaly asking about my health status not violate HIPPA?

A vaccinated person could still pass on Covid to others. I wouldn’t want to put others at risk. I would prefer to go somewhere where everyone is vaccinated so that is unlikely to happen. I’m looking out for others, not just me. Also the vaccine is about 95% effective, not 100%. So even as a vaccinated person I have a minor risk of catching it. I’d rather minimize that risk to zero if I can.
By the time summer is here and everyone has had the opportunity to get the shot, why should we go out of our way to accommodate / mitigate risk for people who refuse the vaccine?

And “only” 95% effective? A 95% effective vaccine coupled with an incredibly low mortality rate for a “deadly pandemic virus” are pretty good odds most people are willing to live with.

Guess what? We can’t minimize any risk to zero. Life is full of risks. Get busy living, or get busy dying.

A vaccinated person could still pass on Covid to others. I wouldn’t want to put others at risk. I would prefer to go somewhere where everyone is vaccinated so that is unlikely to happen. I’m looking out for others, not just me.

Also the vaccine is about 95% effective, not 100%. So even as a vaccinated person I have a minor risk of catching it. I’d rather minimize that risk to zero if I can. In short, places which require you to show vaccine cards are going to be safer for everyone than places which allow the unvaccinated access.

So basically you're advocating a vaccine card would be useless. On the other hand, locking away the vulnerable would be much easier and more effective. Perhaps you need to adjust what is important to you.

On the other hand, locking away the vulnerable would be much easier and more effective.

This should have been the focus from the minute it became obvious covid targets the old and vulnerable. Not continue lockdowns for the rest of the population who this affects no worse than the flu (and for kids, much less than the flu)

So basically you're advocating a vaccine card would be useless. On the other hand, locking away the vulnerable would be much easier
and more effective. Perhaps you need to adjust what is important to you.
Easier? yes. Compassionate? no. I can’t live my life without values. Don’t lecture me about adjusting what’s important and than tell me to lock up the vulnerable.

Last edited:
Easier? yes. Compassionate? no. I can’t live my life without values. Don’t lecture me about adjusting what’s important and than tell me to lock up the vulnerable.
Don't waste your time. It isn't worth it. see post #47

Reactions: Nitwit

Well, you brought up your values, not me. You have stated repeatedly you value draconian and illegal steps against the healthy people who don't need them, even though you acknowledge they don't work. Then you run off to frivolous sporting scrimmages that you think the healthy should not go to. Since you brought it up, nice values.

ADVERTISEMENT