ADVERTISEMENT

Eliminating threads

If I were a betting person I would wager heavily that Ganim was "promised" first access to the GJP in exchange for her not reporting on the investigation too early. Even the 3/31 printing of her story had been delayed
So everyone is upset that she got the scoop on the GJP that would have been public a few days later. Makes no sense. What people should be upset abou is the leaking of GJ testimony, police statements, and a partial police report from 1998. Arguing about the GJP is pointless.

Last edited:
So everyone is upset that she got the scoop on the GJP that would have been public a few days later. Makes no sense. What people should be upset abou isn't he leaking of GJ testimony, police statements, and a partial police report from 1998. Arguing about the GJP is pointless.

It's called setting the narrative. Leaking GJ info to the press to help set the narrative is one of Corbett/Fina's favorite moves.

how dare you, sir, impugn the stellar reputation of a Pulitzer Prize winner!

the GJP was not "leaked" to Ganim. It was "accidentally" posted to their online database for approx 15 min, during which time . . . using her plucky moxie and determined gumption . . . intrepid reporter Sara Ganim managed to download a copy

:rolleyes:

Yes, after "meeting" with Uncle Humpy.

Reactions: simons96
So everyone is upset that she got the scoop on the GJP that would have been public a few days later. Makes no sense. What people should be upset abou isn't he leaking of GJ testimony, police statements, and a partial police report from 1998. Arguing about the GJP is pointless.
What concerns me is the impetus for the leaks to Ganim. Were they to find more victims or were they to cover the past failings of LE?

So everyone is upset that she got the scoop on the GJP that would have been public a few days later. Makes no sense. What people should be upset abou is the leaking of GJ testimony, police statements, and a partial police report from 1998. Arguing about the GJP is pointless.

Well if that didn't get leaked, Jerry's a free man as the GJP really needed that early release to gain momentum. I mean a 30 year DC at a major school under an iconic coach wouldn't have got the attention if not for the early leak. :(

It's called setting the narrative. Leaking GJ info to the press to help set the narrative is one of Corbett/Fina's favorite moves.
So somebody else would have done it a couple of days later. Hell Ganim wrote a piece early on about Joe acting appropriately through this mess.

Are you a serial pedophile concerned this may happen to you? Honest question, as I'm not worried about it happening to me and I'm not concerned that it happened to Jerry to be quite frank. I would hope that if I were as sick as that SOB was I would own up to it, but he won't do that. For some reason you are really bothered by this so much more so than what JS did to the children. Maybe that is ok in your world or around the people you are close to. In my world which differs from you apparently, JS is in jail and that is a good thing. I think about the kids being groped for no good reason, not what a OAG did to put that guy in jail. It would be one thing if he were a good guy or the case was a toss up. You yourself say that isn't the case, but for some reason want to go on and on and on about Jerry and how badly he was treated.

Thy only hypocrites on this site are the ones screaming for justice for Jerry because their school took a hit. It's as transparent and as hypocritical as it gets. Even more so when they do it on a football message board. I just hope people start reporting these threads more and the mods start to lock them up sooner or create you guys a free jerry board. How Tom let's this crap stand with his name out there is beyond me...he is one tolerant man.

Whoaaa...deflect much? You still haven't answered the question....

I'm not worried about it happening to me either. IT'S A HYPOTHETICAL question, do you not know what that means??? Good grief dude..get a grip.

What if the process/shenanigans the OAG used to put JS in jail gives him the ability to get a retrial and get released onto the streets? What about the kids then?????? Somehow you bizarrely want to absolve the OAG of all responsibility for their CRAP job they did the first go around then ironically claim your only concern is about the kids.

What if there were other kids abused as part of a pedo ring and that pedo ring was covered up via the joke trial of JS (we got the bad guy--not need to start looking into TSM/CYS or anything like that now huh?). What about those kids? Do you not care about them?

What concerns me is the impetus for the leaks to Ganim. Were they to find more victims or were they to cover the past failings of LE?
Fair question. Not sure that the leaks shifted the focus. But the highly questionable charges against C/S sure did. With a huge assist later from Louie

More like it is a rhetorical question that you somehow need an answer to. I know why you're busting that out with the what if questions. So now the pdfo ring used Jerry as a scapegoat? LOL, but you still think he is guilty and this is about the fair trial, right? Odd how you'll fall in line with guys who think he is innocen, yet I bother you.

Fair question. Not sure that the leaks shifted the focus. But the highly questionable charges against C/S sure did. With a huge assist later from Louie
Not knowing who her source was makes it impossible to determine his reason for doing so and his end game. I do agree regarding C/S and Louie.

So somebody else would have done it a couple of days later. Hell Ganim wrote a piece early on about Joe acting appropriately through this mess.

If the "leak" didn't happen as unexpectedly as it did, PSU could have gotten ahead of the story (not like they wanted to anyway since the OG BOT was working hand in hand with the OAG) though. The leak took everyone by surprise and no one was able to change the narrative (PSU football is evil) once it was set after the "leak".

Well if that didn't get leaked, Jerry's a free man as the GJP really needed that early release to gain momentum. I mean a 30 year DC at a major school under an iconic coach wouldn't have got the attention if not for the early leak. :(

The "leak" had nothing to do with JS being a free man.... it had everything to do with setting the narrative against PSU and away from TSM/CC CYS failures re: JS. How many times did you see the GJP mention that Chambers sent her report/opinion to DPW/CYS??

The only way to set the narrative is to be the first to print/get the story out and the OAG guaranteed they were able to do that with the "accidental" posting of the GJP and Ganim just happening to visit that site in the 15 mins it was posted on there for.

Had the school leadership handled it right, no Louie would have been around. They let the media drive their decisions. The school leadership failed to do one thing right after the story broke. They could have let the judicial system handle it and cooperated fully with them. Freeh was a panic PR move by some very incompetent leaders.

Reactions: B_Levinson
If the "leak" didn't happen as unexpectedly as it did, PSU could have gotten ahead of the story (not like they wanted to anyway since the OG BOT was working hand in hand with the OAG) though. The leak took everyone by surprise and no one was able to change the narrative (PSU football is evil) once it was set after the "leak".

The "leak" had nothing to do with JS being a free man.... it had everything to do with setting the narrative against PSU and away from TSM/CC CYS failures re: JS. How many times did you see the GJP mention that Chambers sent her report/opinion to DPW/CYS??

The only way to set the narrative is to be the first to print/get the story out and the OAG guaranteed they were able to do that with the "accidental" posting of the GJP and Ganim just happening to visit that site in the 15 mins it was posted on there for.
Thought PSU had a heads up a week in advance that C/S were going to be charged. They would have been flatfooted either about the contents of the GJP. Whether it was leaked or not

Had the school leadership handled it right, no Louie would have been around. They let the media drive their decisions. The school leadership failed to do one thing right after the story broke. They could have let the judicial system handle it and cooperated fully with them. Freeh was a panic PR move by some very incompetent leaders.

The actions of the OG BOT were far more than just panic/incompetence. After the leak did Kenny Frazier suddenly forget all of his Harvard law school training? Did he forget that a GJP is a one sided non factual prosecutorial document? I highly doubt it. Yet knowing all that he still allowed the press to savage PSU and it's reputation all based on a GJP and he effectively plead guilty on C/S's behalf by accepting ownership of JS's alleged crimes at the time. Don't forget JS wasn't even convicted yet and certainly CS weren't convicted of anything yet either. Frazier didn't follow the same philosophy with PSU (immediately assume guilt) as he did during the VIOXX scandal (take every case/claim to trial).....

There's no excuse for PSU BOT not placing everyone on leave and taking a neutral stance. It's PR/crisis management 101. Things played out the way they did b/c that's how the OG BOT wanted them to.

Thought PSU had a heads up a week in advance that C/S were going to be charged. They would have been flatfooted either about the contents of the GJP. Whether it was leaked or not

Perhaps....but the OAG/OG BOT were working hand in hand in this mess since day one. If we didn't have rat bastards running our school they damn well would have gotten out in front of it. But since we do, they didn't.

Reactions: ralpieE
Perhaps....but the OAG/OG BOT were working hand in hand in this mess since day one. If we didn't have rat bastards running our school they damn well would have gotten out in front of it. But since we do, they didn't.

They were part of it.

Good God you people need to get a life, get laid or something...this is like the tread that never ends. It goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on......

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
They were part of it.

Yep. To this day I still vividly remember during the press conference (which was held at night as if there was a damn about to break or escaped convicts to warn about) where they fired Joe...Surma said "we still don't have the facts...all we have is the GJP and the media reports you all are writing" or something to that effect and I remember thinking WTF why not just place everyone on leave if you don't know the facts and who gives a damn what the media is saying?

If you don't have all the facts then why EFF are you firing people especially someone who gave 60 years to the school? If you don't know the facts why are you taking ownership for the crimes of an EX employee who hadn't even been convicted yet? It just didn't add up from day one. Apparently Harvard boy Ken Frazier was A-ok with those stances as well, unless it's related to Merck....then he's vehemently against those stances.

2 - 4 weeks depending on who you talk to, 2 weeks minimum

Yep. To this day I still vividly remember during the press conference (which was held at night as if there was a damn about to break or escaped convicts to warn about) where they fired Joe...Surma said "we still don't have the facts...all we have is the GJP and the media reports you all are writing" or something to that effect and I remember thinking WTF why not just place everyone on leave if you don't know the facts and who gives a damn what the media is saying?

If you don't have all the facts then why EFF are you firing people especially someone who gave 60 years to the school? If you don't know the facts why are you taking ownership for the crimes of an EX employee who hadn't even been convicted yet? It just didn't add up from day one. Apparently Harvard boy Ken Frazier was A-ok with those stances as well, unless it's related to Merck....then he's vehemently against those stances.

Because it was a Corbett Surma joint effort, Corbett for Spanier's defiance and making a fool out of him, and Surma because of his personal vendetta. The other turds joined in to cover their malfeasance regarding TSM and their family and friends who were also involved.

You're kidding yourself. The Joe had to know lines were coming regardless. Was that fair or right, not at all and I'm not arguing about that. Jerry is where he belongs and nobody outside of select few on this site are fighting for the convicted serial pedophile.

Had PSU had real GD leadership they would have told the media to go F themsleves along with the NCAA. They would have said this is a CRIMINAL matter of a retired employee. They would then let the courts and judicial system handle it. Your issue is with the BoT really, but the deflection to include any and everyone is just as poor as the leadership shown by the school.

You are 100 percent correct about the Trustees telling the media and NCAA to go F themselves.

Again, nobody has said Sandusky is innocent, just like the fact that a gage is out of calibration does not mean the parts it rejected were actually good (or the ones it passed are bad). It does mean you have to measure them again because the method you used was defective. The same goes for Sandusky's defective trial.

"Sandusky is still untouchable to you and your ilk. You do nothing but attack anyone that gets in the way of your agenda."

This may very well be one of those cases where vigilante justice is much safer (and possibly justified) than expecting the courts to follow through.The attitude of many here is the precise reason why nothing happened in the past. The reason people didn't report things in the past. The reason people turned a blind eye. I'm NOT talking about C/S/S/P here, just people in general.

"We want proof, we want DNA, these kids can't be believed/trusted (look at their backgrounds)." "He said it wasn't sexual he was just pushing boundaries" "He's just a chaste pedophile"

Guess what, Ziegler's dead wrong.
I understand the frustration over the politics of this case and how it got put on PSU/Joe/football. That doesn't change what Sandusky is.

Ziegler is pure trash. You can trace his change of opinion on Sandusky directly to his irrelevance in the fight to clear Joe's name.

I don't know what people expect in cases like this? Victim 6 is a textbook example of how pedophiles operate. They don't just pick a kid they like and start molesting them. They test the waters to see how they react. In the case of V6 he knew something was wrong with what was happening and acted sketchy alerting his mother.

Just think of the other kids he did the same thing with and nobody noticed or cared. That's who Jerry Sandusky is, a predator that preyed on kids with no one to defend them.

It's shame he isn't in general population. That would be true justice.

Last edited:
Agree some things just should get swept under the rug and move on

Yes, sweep them under the rug and move on, the same way every self-respecting hit and run driver in the country tries to move on after running somebody over while driving drunk. How do you think Penn State got into the mess in which it is still in today?

hit_and_run_1.jpg

For what it's worth, I did not report your thread. While I found it to be yet another example of the toxic, victim-blaming culture that has emerged in this forum and propagated by posters like simons96, I didn't report it - in fact, I haven't once reported a thread or post on this forum. I'd rather abhorrent posters be put on display for all to see, not silenced, but I understand that others may prefer a more proactive approach.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
For what it's worth, I did not report your thread. While I found it to be yet another example of the toxic, victim-blaming culture that has emerged in this forum and propagated by posters like simons96, I didn't report it - in fact, I haven't once reported a thread or post on this forum. I'd rather abhorrent posters be put on display for all to see, not silenced, but I understand that others may prefer a more proactive approach.

You troll, welcome to ignore.

All the names seem to be available in the Sandusky trial transcripts, which are public records.

kind of reminds me of a dipsh*t commander I once had who tried to get me courtmartialed for "leaking top secret military data" in an article I published about the awesome capabilities of the Ohio class ballistic missile submarine. (the data in question was the top speed submerged). When investigators asked for my source of the data, I opened up a copy of Jane's Defence Weekly and pointed to it. Now, I WAS privy to classified data, but nothing in the article was classified.

But the commander still had his knickers in a twist because HE thought it should be classified. **rolls eyes**

ADVERTISEMENT