Electricity Shortage Warnings Grow Across U.S.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I think I just brought this point up the other day with @Hotshoe . I believe the subject was shortsightedness of the left.....

Now let's go SAVE the Earth with EV's!!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/electricity-shortage-warnings-grow-across-us/ar-AAX2p1F?li=BBnb7Kz

From California to Texas to Indiana, electric-grid operators are warning that power-generating capacity is struggling to keep up with demand, a gap that could lead to rolling blackouts during heat waves or other peak periods as soon as this year.

California’s grid operator said Friday that it anticipates a shortfall in supplies this summer, especially if extreme heat, wildfires or delays in bringing new power sources online exacerbate the constraints. The Midcontinent Independent System Operator, or MISO, which oversees a large regional grid spanning much of the Midwest, said late last month that capacity shortages may force it to take emergency measures to meet summer demand and flagged the risk of outages. In Texas, where a number of power plants lately went offline for maintenance, the grid operator warned of tight conditions during a heat wave expected to last into the next week.

The risk of electricity shortages is rising throughout the U.S. as traditional power plants are being retired more quickly than they can be replaced by renewable energy and battery storage. Power grids are feeling the strain as the U.S. makes a historic transition from conventional power plants fueled by coal and natural gas to cleaner forms of energy such as wind and solar power, and aging nuclear plants are slated for retirement in many parts of the country.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
I think I just brought this point up the other day with @Hotshoe . I believe the subject was shortsightedness of the left.....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/electricity-shortage-warnings-grow-across-us/ar-AAX2p1F?li=BBnb7Kz

From California to Texas to Indiana, electric-grid operators are warning that power-generating capacity is struggling to keep up with demand, a gap that could lead to rolling blackouts during heat waves or other peak periods as soon as this year.

California’s grid operator said Friday that it anticipates a shortfall in supplies this summer, especially if extreme heat, wildfires or delays in bringing new power sources online exacerbate the constraints. The Midcontinent Independent System Operator, or MISO, which oversees a large regional grid spanning much of the Midwest, said late last month that capacity shortages may force it to take emergency measures to meet summer demand and flagged the risk of outages. In Texas, where a number of power plants lately went offline for maintenance, the grid operator warned of tight conditions during a heat wave expected to last into the next week.

The risk of electricity shortages is rising throughout the U.S. as traditional power plants are being retired more quickly than they can be replaced by renewable energy and battery storage. Power grids are feeling the strain as the U.S. makes a historic transition from conventional power plants fueled by coal and natural gas to cleaner forms of energy such as wind and solar power, and aging nuclear plants are slated for retirement in many parts of the country.

It's interesting how they roped Texas in there with the other states.

Texas is doing routine maintenance that they do during the temperate months but there is a heat wave.

CA has a major catastrophe coming with poor planning and a terrible political system which bankrupted their power companies.

Two completely different issues.

LdN

Reactions: Jerry and Sullivan

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Yep---EV's are the answer---the people prove to be bigger MORONS everyday.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It's interesting how they roped Texas in there with the other states.

Texas is doing routine maintenance that they do during the temperate months but there is a heat wave.

CA has a major catastrophe coming with poor planning and a terrible political system which bankrupted their power companies.

Two completely different issues.

LdN

15 years ago I worked for a company with a plant in Texas. The plant had to set the office AC to 82 due to energy being short.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004

Rolling blackouts throughout the summer won’t be helpful to the Democrat’s mid term chances.

Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
20 years ago the entire northeast had a grid failure in the middle of summer that lasted several days.

LdN

I remember that. Was in Bristol, TN. Last stop on a long road trip in the south. Thankfully It didn't stretch down that far, but I was worried about catching my flight back to Detroit.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Let's have MORE green energy to save planet ERF.....