ADVERTISEMENT

Eierman not going this season

I know it is buried somewhere...Does Eierman have one year or two left?

Last edited:
Depends what one thinks the chances are for an unlikely team outcome this year. If you’re in the already conceding group you might prefer that he can’t score next year.
That’s crazy. We can’t concede now. We have already pulled red shirts. We are in it to win. Anyone who concedes, given the type of high-end wrestlers we have, does not understand sport.

That’s crazy. We can’t concede now. We have already pulled red shirts. We are in it to win. Anyone who concedes, given the type of high-end wrestlers we have, does not understand sport.
So you don’t see a decent number of posters here in that group? Whether or not you agree with them, it would be a rational thought to prefer to have Eierman’s points this year.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Well, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that some over there are already questioning the claim, the interpretation of Ironside's comments, and whether he even really understands the eligibility rules . . . so do your own due diligence.

I didn't listen to the podcast for myself, as the OP there has never really given me pause. TIFWIW.

So you don’t see a decent number of posters here in that group? Whether or not you agree with them, it would be a rational thought to prefer to have Eierman’s points this year.
I have not actually noticed a single conceder. As a matter of logic, you are right of course [that IF someone concedes, then they should want Eierman now], but the whole point of sport is to compete and play the game and see who wins. :)

Last edited:
Well, it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that some over there are already questioning the claim, the interpretation of Ironside's comments, and whether he even really understands the eligibility rules . . . so do your own due diligence.

I didn't listen to the podcast for myself, as the OP there has never really given me pause. TIFWIW.
Slush, is it just me or is this place defeated right now? Weeks to go until March and this board has turned into the USC Trojans in the 2nd half against Ferentz. Why give up so early and easily? I know better..

Reactions: Fatmarc
And I'm not really sure where the idea that we can't compete next year is coming from. Our line up is going to be stout

Reactions: Dogwelder
Eierman almost certainly helps Iowa score more next year than thos year. Without him, either one of Murin's backups has to start, or DeSanto moves up and Teasdale starts. Neither of those look like great options today, certainly less than Lugo this year.

Also, Iowa will need its strongest 141/149 lineup next year when Yianni, Kolodzik, and Abas all come off shirts.

But the ultimate question, if Eierman's delta changes the team title in either year ... really tough to tell right now.

Slush, is it just me or is this place defeated right now? Weeks to go until March and this board has turned into the USC Trojans in the 2nd half against Ferentz. Why give up so early and easily? I know better..

What is Ferentz?

Eierman almost certainly helps Iowa score more next year than thos year. Without him, either one of Murin's backups has to start, or DeSanto moves up and Teasdale starts. Neither of those look like great options today, certainly less than Lugo this year.

Also, Iowa will need its strongest 141/149 lineup next year when Yianni, Kolodzik, and Abas all come off shirts.

But the ultimate question, if Eierman's delta changes the team title in either year ... really tough to tell right now.

While I agree they may need his points more next year (for reasons you state, and because PSU may very well be in a strong position), there is something to be said for stepping on the throat in the here and now while the stars are aligned.

Lots of stuff can happen between March 2020 and March 2021; trying to keep powder dry for that long has its own risks.

Also to piggy back off you 133 is stronger with suriano, fix and micic coming back. I don’t want to say the Olympic RS has diluted the competition in some weight classes but it has taken away multiple AAs and given a chance for someone who may not be an AA a chance to AA

Was hoping Eierman would go next year until Cassar's injury; then I was hoping the rumor he may go this season was true. At this point, Iowa is way ahead already so his points most likely would have been overkill. Oh well, at least they needlessly pulled Assad's redshirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU Mike
I believe the best reason to save him for next year is if Kemerer can't go or chooses not to wrestle.

Question for all knowing board
Schiano? Nah.. Paterno morelike

Oh geez....way to step into it. Your going to catch sh!t from hawk fans that dont want any association with Paterno and yet you'll get the PSU fans that will never equate paterno anything less than his accolades deserve.

very brave of you. enjoy navigating the asteroid field.

Reactions: diggerpup
Question for all knowing board

Oh geez....way to step into it. Your going to catch sh!t from hawk fans that dont want any association with Paterno and yet you'll get the PSU fans that will never equate paterno anything less than his accolades deserve.

very brave of you. enjoy navigating the asteroid field.
It's an internet forum. Who TF cares? Paterno and Ferentz are both legends. Much respect to both of them

While I agree they may need his points more next year (for reasons you state, and because PSU may very well be in a strong position), there is something to be said for stepping on the throat in the here and now while the stars are aligned.

Lots of stuff can happen between March 2020 and March 2021; trying to keep powder dry for that long has its own risks.
Yeah this

It's an internet forum. Who TF cares? Paterno and Ferentz are both legends. Much respect to both of them

1-loss seasons:
Paterno = 6
Midwest Schiano = 0

Undefeated Seasons:
Paterno = 5
Midwest Schiano = 0

We know you’re up to your elbows changing diapers, but try leaving Iowa to look around & have another point of view sometime before your retirement.

Reactions: kevin310
1-loss seasons:
Paterno = 6
Midwest Schiano = 0

Undefeated Seasons:
Paterno = 5
Midwest Schiano = 0

We know you’re up to your elbows changing diapers, but try leaving Iowa to look around & have another point of view sometime before your retirement.
My point of view is admiring coaches like Ferentz, Paterno, Fry ect. and their long standing tenures at their schools. I really just don't get why that is a problem. I'm not the one showing lack of respect here. Maybe you need to get out of PA and open your lion eyes a bit..

My point of view is admiring coaches like Ferentz, Paterno, Fry ect. and their long standing tenures at their schools. I really just don't get why that is a problem. I'm not the one showing lack of respect here. Maybe you need to get out of PA and open your lion eyes a bit..
Nothing wrong with Ferentz as a coach. Long term success. Good coach.
If you don't get the difference between a Paterno and a Ferentz that's OK, nor a big deal. We all have baselines.

I live 2 time zones away from PA.

No lot lizards here, so you’d be out of luck.

Reactions: Dogwelder

It's pretty well known what your "point" is and what you're doing:rolleyes:

Time to cut bait.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT