ADVERTISEMENT

Edmond Ruth transferring to Clovis North???

Could he be possibly be moving closer to his future college destination???

#wishtheyallcouldbecaliforniagirls

Reactions: Dogwelder
Ruth. But after Willie has a few beers it may sound like 'Rurh'. ;)
A few 'TWWD' IPAs to be specific. Speaking of, they're sold out I hear. PSU compliance has called them, but only NCAA, Bo, it Cael have teeth to stop it.

Reactions: PSUaggie
A few 'TWWD' IPAs to be specific. Speaking of, they're sold out I hear. PSU compliance has called them, but only NCAA, Bo, it Cael have teeth to stop it.

Change the name to 'Noodle Arms IPA' and they should be safe. Unless Downey trademarked it already.

Reactions: Ban Basketball
35358714_1758672100881363_6141419220254064640_n.jpg

From http://forum.thecaliforniawrestler.com/index.php?board=73.0

Reactions: Hotshoe
No. Same school district, but different schools --Clovis (Nevills) vs. Clovis North (Ruth).

Thought that but wasn’t sure. Thanks

Is that a good program as well? I know tirapelle has a great program at Clovis ...

Thought that but wasn’t sure. Thanks

Is that a good program as well? I know tirapelle has a great program at Clovis ...

Clovis North may have produced some individuals, but they aren't anywhere near the powerhouse teams that you see at Clovis and Buchanan. (Buchanan is also in the same school district.) One thing is for sure, no matter where he goes in Clovis, Edmond is going to get some top notch competition.

Clovis North may have produced some individuals, but they aren't anywhere near the powerhouse teams that you see at Clovis and Buchanan. (Buchanan is also in the same school district.) One thing is for sure, no matter where he goes in Clovis, Edmond is going to get some top notch competition.

Calgrappler has Clovis North "way-to-early" #3 in Cali next year (ahead of Clovis and without factoring in Ruth). They return 2 state runner-ups and a state 3rd, plus add incoming frosh Joey Cruz (runner-up at Flonationals as 8th grader this past April).

http://www.calgrappler.com/2018-19-...ia-high-school-wrestling-team-state-rankings/

Reactions: Dogwelder
Calgrappler has Clovis North "way-to-early" #3 in Cali next year (ahead of Clovis and without factoring in Ruth). They return 2 state runner-ups and a state 3rd, plus add incoming frosh Joey Cruz (runner-up at Flonationals as 8th grader this past April).

http://www.calgrappler.com/2018-19-...ia-high-school-wrestling-team-state-rankings/

You're right - Clovis North placed just 2.5 points behind Clovis last year in the CA state tournament. It will be interesting to see how Edmond does next year. The Central Valley in CA is the toughest area in the state for HS wrestling. Edmond should do well, but nobody is going to just roll over for him. If anything, I suspect there will be a lot of guys who will want to show that they are as good as PA wrestlers.

Clovis is going to have a bit of a down turn next year with Seth graduating. They will still have some good guys, but Tirapelli is going to have to do some development work in the younger schools to get them back on top again.

I'm thinking about going to the Bellator 201 event on June 29. I wonder if Ed's parents and Edmond will be there too.

You're right - Clovis North placed just 2.5 points behind Clovis last year in the CA state tournament. It will be interesting to see how Edmond does next year. The Central Valley in CA is the toughest area in the state for HS wrestling. Edmond should do well, but nobody is going to just roll over for him. If anything, I suspect there will be a lot of guys who will want to show that they are as good as PA wrestlers.

AgSurfer, what is it about the Central Valley and esp. the Fresno area that makes for a wrestling hotbed? And not so much for most areas of CA?

Last edited:
AgSurfer, what is it about the Central Valley and esp. the Fresno area that makes for a wrestling hotbed? And no so much for most areas of CA?

I'm not really sure. It's probably some kind of tradition that gradually grew over the years. One thing that I've noticed is that the schools in that area try to go to the big tournaments like Ironman and Poweraid. A lot of the other schools haven't made the effort until more recently.

There are some other tough schools in other parts of CA like Gilroy and Poway, but the Central Valley is definitely the premier area. You can see it at the state tournament too. The guys are just tougher. When you get to the quarterfinals, you see the Central Valley guys start to pull away from the rest of the pack. Edmond will definitely be ready when that time comes. Having Ed as a training partner won't hurt either. I'm pretty sure that Ed had a lot to do with Zahid Valencia's development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT