ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro Open

Hmmmm... a summer in the PSU college room will go a long way, but Nick might be more of a RS candidate than I originally thought. Especially when you consider how tough that weight will be.

shows you how close and how far he needs to go to wrestle with the top level in college. Good showing for the HS Sr. (albeit just graduated). Two nice throws - his was off of the mat, Synon was nearly off and resulted in the fall. Both situations were driven by desperation due to the score. Little things. Nick will be fun to watch in the (near) future!

Thought that was bs pin called against Lee but he was done at that time anyhow. Hit nice lateral drop before that but was ruled OB. Was a shame because that would have tied match if not earned pin. Just couldn't get past Synon's defense.

plenty of things to learn from. if he gets either of those first two shots completed I think its a different match.

chasing synon around mat is optimum then he just got caught flat footed and tilted. from there synon shut it down and he had to get aggressive.

cant teach heart and motor and those are things he has.

how he comes back for 3rd will be something to watch

Didn't Synon ride the piss out of Logie Bear a few years ago? I was concerned with that match up due to his length. Kid is tall.

What was the score when Lee got pinned? Synon has some big wins in his career including a pin over Dijulius when he was ranked 5th. Knick will be ready in 12 months. Needs to get stronger.

5-0 -- Synon escaped in the 3rd.

Period 1
T2 1:51
NF2 1:40

Period 2
Lee neutral
Stall Warning Synon 0:34
Stall Warning Lee 0:29

Period 3
Synon bottom
E1 2:00
T2 1:16
Fall 5:50

Nick on bottom is painful to watch. I know he's been in FS mode for awhile, but still. Dominated on his feet though. 3rd place. Good job

Reactions: Maddog
Nick finished his day with 4 TDs and an 8-3 win.
Coming back after giving up the fall says a lot to me. Granted his opp wasnt a stud, the mindset is what the room wants.

Reactions: tikk10
Those are two guys Lee beat last summer. A summer in the college room will go a long way. I think Lee should RS.
Also two guys who have been in a college room training folk since the summer. Also remember that Nick was recently wrestling 61 kilos, so he's up 8 pounds or so at 141. Give him the summer and let him focus on folk and I think he'll be just fine

Also two guys who have been in a college room training folk since the summer. Also remember that Nick was recently wrestling 61 kilos, so he's up 8 pounds or so at 141. Give him the summer and let him focus on folk and I think he'll be just fine
Not really. Since they're not enrolled, they're not practicing folk with the team. They're practicing with the NLWC, which means they're focused much more on freestyle (but could get some folk in on the side).

Not really. Since they're not enrolled, they're not practicing folk with the team. They're practicing with the NLWC, which means they're focused much more on freestyle (but could get some folk in on the side).
Storr and Happel are both enrolled in school.

Is Synon > brucki??

If so I think we are way ahead of schedule.

Some opposing fans already gleeful about Lee's loss. They won't be gleeful soon - I love him taking on all challenges as a high school senior in effect.

I think Nick Lee redshirts because it is highly unlikely we need him next year. We should enter next season with 7 guys ranked top 3... Suriano, Zain, Nolf, Cenzo, Hall, Nickal, and Nevills. 4 of those will be ranked #1...Suriano, Zain, Nolf, and Nickal. If we need points from Nick Lee in 2018, something went really wrong.

Some opposing fans already gleeful about Lee's loss. They won't be gleeful soon - I love him taking on all challenges as a high school senior in effect.
It's kinda sad. It's almost as if they feel some of their manhood is taken away when PSU is better than their own team. They look for little things like this Lee defeat to maybe feel as if someone gave them their balls back.

Reactions: Grass
We could have more than 4 guys ranked #1, but I only listed the guys who are pretty much guaranteed. 174 doesn't clear out much next year, so its way too early to predict a #1 seed. I did with 125 because it loses 4 of the top 5 guys, according to Intermat, to graduation. By contrast, 174 only has 1 senior in the top 7.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Nick finished his day with 4 TDs and an 8-3 win.
Coming back after giving up the fall says a lot to me. Granted his opp wasnt a stud, the mindset is what the room wants.
I think it was Jack Nicklaus who was once asked what was the more-preferred trait in a new golfer between power or accuracy. He replied power because you can learn accuracy over time but you can't learn power. I'd much rather see Lee go all out with his offense at his first college tournament, like he did, than try to win for the sake of winning. Although that sword the champs got was pretty sweet.

It's kinda sad. It's almost as if they feel some of their manhood is taken away when PSU is better than their own team. They look for little things like this Lee defeat to maybe feel as if someone gave them their balls back.

David Taylor was dominated by Cyler Sanderson in his true freshman year during pre season.

There are a million examples of what happened out there today with Nick.

R.E.L.A.X. He will be just fine. He'll get stronger, he'll get bigger, he'll get better. That's what happens in the Penn State wrestling room.

To everybody.

The worms over at "TheMat", know that, all too well, which is why they are celebrating tonight. It's all they have. They're like tiny little gnats who know they're going to be stepped on. Ever notice how it's almost impossible to know WHO THEY REALLY ROOT FOR? They hate us so much, they don't even HAVE a favorite team, they just root against Penn State, it's hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Hmmmm... a summer in the PSU college room will go a long way, but Nick might be more of a RS candidate than I originally thought. Especially when you consider how tough that weight will be.

Kade Moss will be back for his senior season, correct?

ADVERTISEMENT