ADVERTISEMENT

Edinboro Open

burnsie1983

Nov 5, 2013
Still no brackets yet, but flo has Nick Lee and AJ Nevills listed in their preview article.

Nick Lee has a kid from Central Michigan in round 1. Looks like he'll be up on mat 7 when wrestling starts at 8:30. Zack Synon from Mizzou is top seed at 141.

It's hard to go thru the brackets on my phone, but I see at least two other PSUers (Giannangeli and Higgins)

Nick is on 1st too. If u want 2 watch wrestling starts at 8:30.

Nick could face Karam in the quarters, and Synon in the semis. Bottom half looks weaker, maybe Pomrinca or Giannangeli...

This is a real nice tournament for Nicks' first college experience. Couple solid guys in Karum and Synon to deal with.

Nice battle back on a 6-0 hole. Almost put himself on his back again in the 2nd period. Was a little sloppy and struggled on bottom, but finished his takedowns and rode tough. Will probably need to see the weight room this summer.

Also, when he was up 10-9 (with RT secured) he went for another takedown with 10 seconds left in the match. Would have finished it if he had another 3 seconds. Nice mentality.

Nevills gets a 1st period fall. He just moves like a heavyweight. He's still small, but I think he is a heavyweight. PSU needs depth there, so not a bad thing. Could make Seth's decision awkward, but who knows.

I agree, AJ looks like a heavyweight. He certainly doesn't look like a 197.

I know Lee is in State College and was taking HS classes on line, but did he graduate yet or is he at this tourney with his HS degree?

I know Lee is in State College and was taking HS classes on line, but did he graduate yet or is he at this tourney with his HS degree?
Heard he graduated. Can't wrestle against college guys if not, so assuming it's true.

Graduated. HS kids not allowed to participate in college opens.

went upper body and got tossed - similar to Vincenzo vs Stanford this year. Kid from Central Michigan was no slooch - took 3,2,1,1 in michigan and was 207-12 during his career.
CM kid had man-strength too, Lee just couldn't match and/or maybe misjudged when he went upper body off the whistle. Down 7-5 a similar scenario played out and he did match him. Lee's seriously impressive and fun to watch. Fearless.

Nick Lee- Karam up on Mat 1. Though Mat 1 is choppy for me. Every other mat is fine.

Lee pinned Karam with 5 seconds left in match tied 4-4. was in a scramble from neutral.
each guy had a takedown but Lee dominated the action and was in on a dozen (literally).

took neutral in 3rd and got stall point to tie then got defensive pin

Reactions: Grass
Nick Lee sure is impressive. I hate to say it, but he is Nolf like in how he shoots constantly. He got to Karam's leg at will. Lee is smaller, but in a good way. When he fills out, the sky is the limit.

Lee pinned Karam with 5 seconds left in match tied 4-4. was in a scramble from neutral.
each guy had a takedown but Lee dominated the action and was in on a dozen (literally).

took neutral in 3rd and got stall point to tie then got defensive pin

Neutral pin I believe - defensive pin is when bottom-man pins top-man without top-man giving up control (i.e., bottom-man "stacks" top man in a roll-back situation from crab-ride or some similar defensive position). Wrestlers were in a neutral scramble when pin occurred I believe.

Indiana Nolf

Harrison-Ford-as-Indiana-Jones.jpg

3 places i ever saw this....youth wrestling, barnyard wrestling and now at the Edinboro Open.

AJ was down 1 due to riding time and there are 15 secs left. he was underneath from a bad shot and hits a standing peterson for 6 with like 6 secs left. fun match overall too.

3 places i ever saw this....youth wrestling, barnyard wrestling and now at the Edinboro Open.

AJ was down 1 due to riding time and there are 15 secs left. he was underneath from a bad shot and hits a standing peterson for 6 with like 6 secs left. fun match overall too.

I'd like to see that on replay.

Sounds like AJ & Nick are putting on show.

Did he hit the Standing-Gramby to Peterson or throw him all the way over the top directly into the Peterson Position (i.e., face up across opponemt's chest with opponent on back versus traditional chest-to-chest face-down position). I've seen the Standing-Gramby to Peterson, but never seen the direct to Peterson throw as that would be a huge throw with opponent going way up in the air off their feet all the way over your back!

Did he hit the Standing-Gramby to Peterson or throw him all the way over the top directly into the Peterson Position (i.e., face up across opponemt's chest with opponent on back versus traditional chest-to-chest face-down position). I've seen the Standing-Gramby to Peterson, but never seen the direct to Peterson throw as that would be a huge throw with opponent going way up in the air off their feet all the way over your back!
he was getting desperate, took a bad shot, and the other guy looked to get a sure 2 but AJ got to his feet and the peterson was there. He was looking for it earlier in the match when he was in on a TD - ended in a stalemate... too quick a whistle as I thought he would have rolled there as well

Indy on deck mat 1. but tune in now for this 125 bout, which should be good. millhof v jimmenz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT