ADVERTISEMENT

Eddie Ruth?

These type of cases are really difficult. Woman reported this when she was 30. Said it took place 25 years ago through 15 years ago. Kind of hard to have an alibi or defend yourself against accusations you did something 25 years ago. Pa has some of the most “progressive” laws when it comes to statute of limitations for sexual assault cases. Also, if this were true it is very unsual for there to not be multiple victims (a la Bill Cosby). Police conducted a three year investigation before charging so presumably they found some corroboratation…but count me in the innocent until proven guilty camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
It is Ed's dad. For both him and his family's sake, I hope the charges are not true. At 73, he's looking at spending the rest of his life in prison. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.

It is Ed's dad. For both him and his family's sake, I hope the charges are not true. At 73, he's looking at spending the rest of his life in prison. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.
He’d last about a week before he’d get his head bashed in by a cinder block. 5 year old is about as bad as it gets

Is there no more disgusting and terrible crime against humanity than the sexual abuse of children?

The victim is surely sentenced to a lifetime of trauma, and deep scars that will never heal.

Our system, rightly so, gurantees a fair day in court, most importantly with the presumption of Innocence. The burden now rests with the state.

If he is found guilty, I can contemplate no limits to the severity of the punishment.

Just horrifying to comtemplate. I hope for all parties (even the accuser) that it's not true, but if it is, that justice is served as best as possible in such circumstances.

There's nothing good about this and all possibilities are problematic.

I'm not sure how you dispose of decades old allegations for which there is likely no direct physical evidence; but I hope in some way the evidence is overwhelming one way or the other, because if true, it's horrific abuse, but, if the allegations are fabricated, how does he get his name back?

There is unfortunately a tendency to believe all allegations, because "who would make up such a thing?".

Having been the victim of a completely fabricated employment allegation of sexual harassment (retaliation for counseling the employee about workplace violence as directed by the employee assistance line after the employee held a banana like a pistol making saying "bang bang" and "pow pow" after a long series of bizarre behaviors), I'm really attached to the presumption of innocence. It was a long three months before the ghouls in HR finally determined "no evidence" was found to substantiate the claim.

I do like Penn Dead's perplexment about how it took three years to bring charges. They are apparently completely oblivious to the time it takes to gather sufficient evidence just to bring charges in the belief that the crime has occurred and you have enough to persuade a jury.

Fifteen years ago, I was on the jury of a woman who was charged with killing her daughter. The child died in October 2001, the trial was held in May 2007. Their staff covered the trial. Maybe the instantaneous gratification crowd is running the former Patriot News now and thinks they should have asked Siri.

Reactions: Str8DBLz and Ski
when did banana guns become off-limits in the workplace?

we start back up next week. i needed that reminder.

There's nothing good about this and all possibilities are problematic.

I'm not sure how you dispose of decades old allegations for which there is likely no direct physical evidence; but I hope in some way the evidence is overwhelming one way or the other, because if true, it's horrific abuse, but, if the allegations are fabricated, how does he get his name back?

There is unfortunately a tendency to believe all allegations, because "who would make up such a thing?".

Having been the victim of a completely fabricated employment allegation of sexual harassment (retaliation for counseling the employee about workplace violence as directed by the employee assistance line after the employee held a banana like a pistol making saying "bang bang" and "pow pow" after a long series of bizarre behaviors), I'm really attached to the presumption of innocence. It was a long three months before the ghouls in HR finally determined "no evidence" was found to substantiate the claim.

I do like Penn Dead's perplexment about how it took three years to bring charges. They are apparently completely oblivious to the time it takes to gather sufficient evidence just to bring charges in the belief that the crime has occurred and you have enough to persuade a jury.

Fifteen years ago, I was on the jury of a woman who was charged with killing her daughter. The child died in October 2001, the trial was held in May 2007. Their staff covered the trial. Maybe the instantaneous gratification crowd is running the former Patriot News now and thinks they should have asked Siri.

I was a juror in a muredr trial that occurred at least 10 years after the murder. I do not remember the dates, but I know it was over 10 years later.

I had the misfortune to have to deal with him one time, to say he's an a-hole is a major understatement. The bit about him telling the girl that she wanted him is sadly not surprising at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT