ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles parade

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
I’m watching it on TV. Amazing crowds. They’re not in center city yet but all along Broad St it looks to be about 20 deep with many more at each intersection. The parade started over an hour ago and they have 26 open air buses heading up the street. Some of the players have gotten out to greet the fans along the route. The art museum area is completely packed. It’s a beautiful thing.

I’m watching it on TV. Amazing crowds. They’re not in center city yet but all along Broad St it looks to be about 20 deep with many more at each intersection. The parade started over an hour ago and they have 26 open air buses heading up the street. Some of the players have gotten out to greet the fans along the route. The art museum area is completely packed. It’s a beautiful thing.
I thought they would have some bands, HS, Mummers etc

giphy.gif

it will be fascinating when the estimated crowd numbers come in. The parade was supposed to wrap up now but it's just past halfway there

I'm a small town, back woods type of person and wondering what the watchers along the parade route do when they have to relieve themselves. I goggled and found tips on urinating in public. I was surprised reading the consequences below.

Link: https://www.wikihow.com/Urinate-Outside-Discreetly

Avoid peeing anywhere near children. Do not pee near a school, playground or other location with children. This can have serious legal consequences (as discussed below). You could also face the wrath of an irate parent, who will not hesitate to call the police on you.
Understand the consequences of being a sex offender. In 12 states, public urination could require you to register on a public sex offender list.[2] (yikes-i'll stick to the woods)

• Registering on a sex offender list could cost you everything from your job to your ability to live in a city (most sex offenders cannot live between 500 and 2,500 feet of schools, parks, day cares of school bus stops).
  • You may also be prohibited from attending any events with children, such as Little League games or school performances. While you might not care about this as a drunken undergrad, you will probably deeply regret never being able to attend your future child's football games or Christmas concerts.
  • In many states, peeing in public is labeled as "public indecency." Under this categorization, offenders are labeled as flashers.[3]
Also, some good tips on this public discomfiture:
link: https://www.wikihow.com/Hide-an-Erection

I'm a small town, back woods type of person and wondering what the watchers along the parade route do when they have to relieve themselves. I goggled and found tips on urinating in public. I was surprised reading the consequences below.

Link: https://www.wikihow.com/Urinate-Outside-Discreetly

Avoid peeing anywhere near children. Do not pee near a school, playground or other location with children. This can have serious legal consequences (as discussed below). You could also face the wrath of an irate parent, who will not hesitate to call the police on you.
Understand the consequences of being a sex offender. In 12 states, public urination could require you to register on a public sex offender list.[2] (yikes-i'll stick to the woods)

• Registering on a sex offender list could cost you everything from your job to your ability to live in a city (most sex offenders cannot live between 500 and 2,500 feet of schools, parks, day cares of school bus stops).
  • You may also be prohibited from attending any events with children, such as Little League games or school performances. While you might not care about this as a drunken undergrad, you will probably deeply regret never being able to attend your future child's football games or Christmas concerts.
  • In many states, peeing in public is labeled as "public indecency." Under this categorization, offenders are labeled as flashers.[3]
Also, some good tips on this public discomfiture:
link: https://www.wikihow.com/Hide-an-Erection
There are portapottys all along the route.

Any estimates on the turnout?

Not that I’ve heard yet.

The Art Museum area is packed. Pics show huge crowds at City Hall on the other side of the parkway too. People were arriving at 3am last night.

Not that I’ve heard yet.

The Art Museum area is packed. Pics show huge crowds at City Hall on the other side of the parkway too. People were arriving at 3am last night.

For those that want to indulge, is the horse poop stand close to the free beer stand?

I wonder if channel 3 knew it was coming? They sound abruptly went out at the end of his speech. Probably on tape delay.

I wonder if channel 3 knew it was coming? They sound abruptly went out at the end of his speech. Probably on tape delay.
Comcast didn’t have any delay. He dropped the F bomb - saying FU to all those who thought they couldn’t win. The crowd picked up the chant afterwards.

the Mayor(sp?) just said, 'the chip is off our shoulder', do you think he meant Kelly?

If the mayor just said that About Philadelphians I don’t think the mayor understands the meaning of the phrase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT