ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles Fans: given the events of the last few moments, I have a question.

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
Which is worse, watching while your team plays terribly against a bad team the whole game and being out of it early so you can get on with your life,
--OR--
Watching them play terribly for a half, come charging back into the lead, and then choke it away in the last few seconds?

I know this will enrage some of you, but I only ask because this is the most recent example of this phenomenon I have seen, and I have always wondered. I have my own answer, because my teams (Bills and Nittany Lions) have done it to me many, many times.

Which is worse, watching while your team plays terribly against a bad team the whole game and being out of it early so you can get on with your life,
--OR--
Watching them play terribly for a half, come charging back into the lead, and then choke it away in the last few seconds?

I know this will enrage some of you, but I only ask because this is the most recent example of this phenomenon I have seen, and I have always wondered. I have my own answer, because my teams (Bills and Nittany Lions) have done it to me many, many times.
Ya know - I didn't think I cared about the Eagles any more. I did care until the game ended. Now I don't. PSU football is much more emotional for me.

To answer your question though. This is worse for me - "Watching them play terribly for a half, come charging back into the lead, and then choke it away in the last few seconds?"

Root for them, no longer the diehard I was as a kid. I would prefer a 28-0 halftime beating so as to "move forward" as they say. I will admit, there was a point in my life when I was a teenager I would have been apoplectic at this loss. Today? Eh.

--OR--

Detroit lions fan here. I'm at the point I just don't care much anymore. I enjoy College football a lot more than NFL. At least the Eagles have had some good years, Lions not so much.

Reactions: jim cummings
Eagles good years, all those Super Bowls? Donovan McBarf is the closest they got.

--OR--

What's worse is having high hopes for the season only to see them dashed 4 games into it.

I recall listening on the radio to the Eagles win over Green Bay to clinch the 1960 NFL title. I keep hoping that I'll see one - one - Super Bowl title before I push up daisies... and it looks like they need to go back to square one.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Interesting how far the NFL has come and what a big business it is. I too recall LISTENING to that GAME on the radio. Was that Bednarik sitting on Jim Taylor as time ran out?

You Eagles fans are "glass half empty". I think Chip Kelley would make a great next Head Coach for PSU. It's up to Ira to make it happen. Call me Mr. Glass Half Full.

You Eagles fans are "glass half empty". I think Chip Kelley would make a great next Head Coach for PSU. It's up to Ira to make it happen. Call me Mr. Glass Half Full.
Your optimism is contagious. Give me a half a glass of whatever you're havin' cowboy.

Your optimism is contagious. Give me a half a glass of whatever you're havin' cowboy.
It requires a shoe to drop.

I've become comfortable at taking the shoes off underperming employees, but I don't think Sandy has the capacity to un-cobble those who need to go shoeless.

You're full of something, all right.
I'm in a no-win situation. People frequently call me too negative. I post something positive and people dismiss me as being too positive. I'm starting to understand how Felli feels. :)

The bottom line is that there are going to be some outstanding coaches available in the coming weeks. The only question is .are they better than what we have now?

Chip Kelly may be a good choice to replace Charlie Strong at Texas

I'm in a no-win situation. People frequently call me too negative. I post something positive and people dismiss me as being too positive. I'm starting to understand how Felli feels. :)

The bottom line is that there are going to be some outstanding coaches available in the coming weeks. The only question is .are they better than what we have now?

Hey man, it's all right. You're still shell shocked by those unwarranted attacks that came from that new guy - PSU_No1_Forever - last night. He's relentless. He and Felli could be like fire and ice.

Hey man, it's all right. You're still shell shocked by those unwarranted attacks that came from that new guy - PSU_No1_Forever - last night. He's relentless. He and Felli could be like fire and ice.
So you asked me if I was a BOT-bot /PBK. The first part is obvious, but I'm still unsure what PBK represents. I don't speak Bushy.

Paterno Butt Kisser?
Peetz Booty Kisser? Guilty

So you asked me if I was a BOT-bot /PBK. The first part is obvious, but I'm still unsure what PBK represents. I don't speak Bushy.

Paterno Butt Kisser?
Peetz Booty Kisser? Guilty
From the wordsmith and acronym artist himself.

Ever notice how many of the "Cult of BOT-bot", BOT PBK (personal butt kissers) and biggest supporters of the pedophile-enablers extraordinaire such as Ira are from Montgomery County (the seat of the corrupt PA GOP and the County that is looking to undo the State Attorney General that was duly elected by the citizens of Pennsylvania)? Corrupt scum is as corrupt scum does....if you know what I mean. Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmm!?!?

thanks for the decipherization ( not sure if that is a real word but it passed spell checker so it must be authentic).

It's good to have Bushy back, but personally speaking, I find his new board name rather unremarkable. There's nothing catchy or memorable about it.

thanks for the decipherization ( not sure if that is a real word but it passed spell checker so it must be authentic).

It's good to have Bushy back, but personally speaking, I find his new board name rather unremarkable. There's nothing catchy or memorable about it.
He was trying to go low profile generic. Classic.

From the wordsmith and acronym artist himself.

Ever notice how many of the "Cult of BOT-bot", BOT PBK (personal butt kissers) and biggest supporters of the pedophile-enablers extraordinaire such as Ira are from Montgomery County (the seat of the corrupt PA GOP and the County that is looking to undo the State Attorney General that was duly elected by the citizens of Pennsylvania)? Corrupt scum is as corrupt scum does....if you know what I mean. Things that make you go hhhhhmmmmm!?!?

I am trying to wrap my head around the notion of "personal butt kissers." Often when stumped by a phrase, I try to imagine its opposite: impersonal butt kissers?

Really kind of lost here. Clearly this is a crucial phrase in the GetReal/BODE/Bushwood lexicon, since it has its own acronym. I cannot imagine anything more personal that kissing someone's butt.

I am trying to wrap my head around the notion of "personal butt kissers." Often when stumped by a phrase, I try to imagine its opposite: impersonal butt kissers?

Really kind of lost here. Clearly this is a crucial phrase in the GetReal/BODE/Bushwood lexicon, since it has its own acronym. I cannot imagine anything more personal that kissing someone's butt.
You have me laughing out loud on that one. I hope that PSU_No1_Forever wasn't banned already.

By the way, how good is this?

Corrupt scum is as corrupt scum does....if you know what I mean.

Reactions: demlion
That is a classic. You are very nicely noting these phrases. I have to remind myself to stop and smell the roses more often.

ADVERTISEMENT